+ "Photon browser is a powerful and versatile Safari alternative that excels in its Flash support..." - USAToday
+ Photon for iPad is #1 in Utilities in US, UK and top 30 overall app around the world.
+ Photon plays flash videos, games and flash websites.
Appsverse Photon Browser is a powerful new browser specifically designed to enhance your browsing experience on the iPhone and iPod Touch. It is packed with innovative features. Here are just some of them:
1. Flash browsing support
- Photon Browser allows you to play Flash games such as free Facebook games, use Flash apps and watch Flash video inline using its remote cloud browse mode.
- Browse Flash websites that would otherwise not display on the iPhone.
- Play music that streams through a Flash player.
- Read news that require Flash support.
- Press the “Lightning” icon on the bottom right navigation bar when you encounter a Flash website on the iPhone or iPod Touch.
- Combines fast native browsing for normal websites and remote browsing for Flash websites. Switch between the 2 modes using the lightning bolt button (for Flash) or the web globe button (for native browsing).
- Support different mode such as pointer mode for precision that makes your iPhone acts like a mouse pad. Supports touch mode for scrolling and touch/click. Supports drag mode for dragging around game maps.
- Zoom in flash. PLEASE WAIT a second or two for the zoom to update before zooming again on iPhone and iPod touches.
- We support audio. PLEASE MAKE sure your mute switch is not on.
2. Fully featured powerful browser
- Private browsing clears history, cookies and caches upon browser exit.
- Anonymous browsing through our servers.
- Share content via email.
- Brightness control for night time browsing.
- Rotation lock for playing web based games.
- Personalize your browser by choosing from thousands of colors.
- Bookmarks support
- Print web pages using AirPrint.
- More innovative features to come
Important notes - PLEASE READ BEFORE BUYING:
- When you encounter a Flash website, REMEMBER TO CLICK ON the "Lightning Bolt" button to enter Flash streaming mode. Otherwise, you will see the standard Adobe message that Flash needs to be installed or upgraded as you are still in the native browser mode. Only by explicitly clicking on the "Lightning" button will you then be able to view Flash content.
- If you have a slow Internet connection such as over a slow 3G network, remote browsing feature may have slow performance even though we have made great technological improvements to support Flash over low bandwidth. Flash mode works best over Wifi in a broadband network. Just because you have Wifi does not mean you have a fast network. Wifi is fast enough but your bottleneck is the wired connection that your Wifi sits on. However, you can still use Photon as a fast native browser for your regular browsing.
- If you have problems, do not hesitate to contact us given in the support link on iTunes. We are extremely responsive and answer questions within 1-3 business days. For terms, please go to www.appsverse.com/Terms
+ Fix bugs for iOS 9
+ Improve Flash quality
+ Improve streaming speed and performance
+ Improve geographical block IP forwarding feature
+ Fix iOS5, iOS6 backwards compatibility
+ Fix crashes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Ain't the greatest, but it's the only one we've got
I downloaded Photon after my former main browser, Puffin, announced that it would no longer be usable on July 1, 2019. Photon does mostly fill the void. However, there is one major flaw that stops me from LIKING Photon; my iPhone's status bar is hidden. While I'm using Photon, I can't look at the clock, signal, or battery.
But I'll have to make do. The developers' website is a 404, they haven't posted on their Twitter in years, and the last update even here was 3 years ago.
With this in mind, I'm surprised the remote servers are still running at all. Everything but the browser itself points to the browser being an abandoned project.
So I don't have hopes for this issue to be fixed any time soon.
There's also another major annoyance in that I can't edit the URL of bookmarks. Only the titles. This makes some bookmarks that I regularly used impossible to bookmark.
This is simple but incredibly useful
It always surprised me when new native browsers came out for each version of iOS with no flash capabilities. Yet this app has been able to do it splendidly even on my 4th Gen iPod Touch. This company/app is apparently so ahead of its time that major companies still haven't figured out how useful mobile flash functionality is.
EDIT: READ THIS IF YOU GET A "Firefox crashed" ERROR. You need to try different engines (the setting with "v1" through "v4" as options). I usually use the "v2" setting as it seems the most versatile. To compensate for differences in different device capabilities, I think the company put this option in so the user can decide which flash engine works best for their device. It's smart thinking in my opinion.
The app is great for its intended purpose. But oh my sweet Cheez-Its. The lag. It doesn’t matter what you do. How good your internet is. What settings you play with. The lag is real. The lag is strong. The lag takes 5-10 seconds just to load the other half of a page and register an input. The lag will come for us all.
That being said, it’s really my only gripe with the app. It supports flash, starts, runs(with major lag sometimes), and is generally okay. I think it’s a little overpriced for a mobile app, but if you ration it out it’s about the price of two or three Mountain Dews.
Overall I’m happy with it. It’s no Puffin(and nothing ever will be), but it’s okay as a plan B. Just expect to use your patience while you’re using flash.
- Appsverse Inc.
- 36 MB
Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Frequent/Intense Sexual Content or Nudity
- © Appsverse Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.