PhotoPhile helps you to sort, find and manage your iPad's photo collection. Add star-ratings, labels and comments to your photos, and then use these later to find exactly the photos you're interested in.
If you're a Lightroom user, you can publish your photos directly to your iPad from Lightroom complete with their Lightroom ratings, flags, keywords and comments and, once there, use all the normal sorting and filtering controls to make it easier to find the photo you want.
You can also use your iPad to edit the metadata directly and sync this back to Lightroom. Pro photographers, get your clients to apply their own star-ratings to their photo-shoot. Not so pro? Sit somewhere comfy while you rate, flag and tag your own photos.
PhotoPhile uses internal RAW photo decoding for most camera types and is extremely fast. The custom decoding allows it to show very large photos even on older iPads. Do you want to zoom right in to a 50 Megapixel photo? PhotoPhile can do it!
Upload photos directly to your iPad using a tethered Eye-Fi Mobi or Eye-Fi ProX2 card, with instant previews and automatic geolocation. Fully automatic setup of Eye-Fi Pro cards, no fiddling around with XML files on your PC to extract arcane codes! Both JPEG and RAW photos can be used, depending on which type your Eye-Fi card can send.
Automatically or manually send photos to FTP sites, Flickr, Dropbox or Google Drive, Twitter, Facebook and Microsoft OneDrive.
Display your geotagged photos on an interactive map, and add geolocation data either by hand or using a GPX file, complete with address lookup.
Check the tutorial videos at https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-hSTSY7Vdxh-hqZ8qfeNrfH4jFL-AFNW
This release has many updates, fixes and compatibility changes:
- Fix deadlock when creating thumbnails under some circumstances on iOS 11
- Fix assorted potential bugs/memory leaks/crashes
- Show a warning if trying to upload to Facebook or Twitter, and not logged in, and more than one account exists.
- Fix display of folder, filter and location popup dialogs
- Bring Microsoft OneDrive uploader up to date.
- Fix memory leak when loading images from the Photos app
- Disable the 'Save' and 'Clear' buttons when appropriate on the Filter Bar.
- Add a confirmation dialog when clearing a filter in the Filter Bar.
- Add a confirmation dialog when deleting a filter in the Collections List.
- In rare cases alert boxes were not always shown.
- Mark "Remove Watermark" choice in uploaders as red.
- Fix bug where the lower half of the last item in pop-menus may not be tappable.
- Fix extra padding in some lists in iOS 11.
- Update SMB (Windows Networking) uploader.
- Permanently remove Facebook uploader. FB no longer allow uploads in the background and this is the whole purpose of Uploaders.
- Fix Lightroom collections not appearing in the correct Catalog.
- Reinstate access to Photos App images!
- Change logging to custom solution due to Apple's removal of readable logs...
- Make Wifi status messages clearer.
- Fix slideshow image not extending to the bottom edge in iOS 11 when the toolbars are hidden.
- Add an option to have the slideshow toolbar at the bottom.
- Fix a crash when double-tapping in slideshow
- Fix positioning of Caption/Comment editor when one of the items is not allowed.
- Use Kb/Mb/Gb units for memory on the Info page.
- Fix for clean sync of multi-level collection sets breaking future syncs
- Be more aggressive monitoring for network changes.
- Fix a bug where the plugin couldn't be downloaded from 32-bit iPads under some circumstances.
Ratings and Reviews
very cool app
I wasn’t able to get the uploading to Facebook feature to work, but everything else seems pretty solid — and of course you can do a workaround and post to flickr etc and share on Facebook. Not ideal, and this is the only hesitancy I have about rating it five stars.
But the good news is that the developer is responsive — taking into account that it’s a small outfit of course so if someone goes on vacation you’ll need to wait till they get back to get in touch. I was so impressed that even before they get a fix for the Facebook challenge (which is not something the impacts everyone, they said, but it impacts me and they were able to reproduce it on one setup), I went ahead and upgraded from the free version to “the works” which allows, among other things, excellent two way syncing with Lightroom, more uploading options, etc.
Sync feature is cool
Haven't gotten the facebook feature to work yet but they have given me some beta builds so they are definitely working on it, and apparently it works fine for some other folks. One star off until it works for me ;)
Curious to figure out a way for the app to recognize Favorite flags i might have added in the Photos app, since in the field that's a quick first pass tool.
The developer is responsive which is great and places it head and shoulders above apps like PhotoSmith.
This works very well for my uses - syncing smart collections from Lightroom. Still needs keyword syncing. It would also be nice to be able to see metadata from the camera on the iPad, and to know the filename of the image.
- JK Custom Coding Ltd.
- 76.7 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Russian, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Jim Keir
- In-App Purchases
- The Works $4.99
- Two-way Sync with Lightroom $2.99
- Upgrade to The Works $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.