Photos EXIF Editor is an intuitive app which can edit EXIF, IPTC & XMP data of thousands of photos in no time!
Here are a few reasons which make it a MUST HAVE tool for your Mac:
• Reads & writes EXIF, GPS, IPTC, XMP metadata and more...
• Supports various common image formats including RAW format
• Deletes metadata individually or of selected batch of photos
• Sets photo modification/original date-time from EXIF information
• Automatically creates back up of the original metadata of the photo when writing
• Flexibility to create Presets of repetitive metadata to speed up processing
Photos EXIF Editor supports full read/write of the following image file formats:
.MOS Leaf Digital Camera RAW image
.CR2 Canon Digital Camera RAW image
.FFF Imacon Digital Camera RAW image
.DNG Leica Digital Camera RAW image
.NEF Nikon Digital Camera Raw Image
.NEF Nikon Digital Camera Raw Image
.NRW Nikon Digital Camera Raw Image ***
.PEF Pentax Digital Camera Raw Image **
.DNG Pentax Digital Camera Raw Image **
.DNG Ricoh Digital Camera RAW Image
.SR2 Sony Digital Camera Raw Image **
.SRF Sony Digital Camera Raw Image (Cyber Shot) **
.DNG Lumia 1020
.DNG One Plus One
.PSD Photoshop Document
.JP2 JPEG-2000 JP2 File Format Syntax ***
.JPEG Joint Photographic Experts Group JFIF format
.JPG Joint Photographic Experts Group JFIF format
.PNG Portable Network Graphics
.TIF Tagged Image File Format
.TIFF Tagged Image File Format
***: Data of Original date time tag will not be changed
**: Data of Camera model tag will not be changed
• EXIF: Artist, Image Description, Copyright, Software, User Comment, Camera Make, Model, Owner Name, Serial Number, Date/Time Original, Creation Date, Modify Date, ISO, F Number, Focal Length, Focal Length In 35mm Format, Flash, Orientation, Exposure Mode, Exposure Program, Exposure Time, Metering Mode, Scene Capture Type, White Balance, Saturation, Sensing Method, Sharpness, Subject Distance Range, Lens Make (as per app's standards), Lens Model(as per app's standards), Lens Serial Number (as per app's standards)
• GPS: Latitude, LatitudeRef, Longitude, LongitudeRef, Altitude, AltitudeRef
• IPTC: Author By-line, By-lineTitle, Copyright Notice, Headline, Caption-Abstract, Writer-Editor, Object Name, Category, Supplemental Categories, Keywords, Sub-location, City, Province-State, Country-Primary Location Name, Country-Primary Location Code, Original Transmission Reference, SpecialInstructions, Credit, Source
• XMP: Serial number, Lens, Create Date, Modify Date, Latitude, Longitude, Photoshop Date Created
Minor bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
OK Design but limited features and buggy
This app does some of what it purports to do. It allows you to edit SOME of the metadata, but there are multiple IPTC fields you cannot edit (e.g. Title). The design is simple, but a little too much so — it won’t allow you to create templates with only those metadata fields you care about, so instead you are required to scroll through scores of fields every time to find the few that matter. Also, there is at least one serious bug: when you try to save into the same folder using the “Keep Source Folder Path” it will error saying access denied; and then if you still proceed and hit “Start Process” it locks up requiring a force quit and losing all edits. But I’m still giving it three stars because it’s the ONLY app so far I’ve found that successfully edits the GPS coordinates in a manner that all other apps recognize; and the bonus is that you can find those coordinates using a map & search feature. For this alone, it’s worth it. But you might need other apps to manage the fuller list of metadata.
Truly Excellent and User Friendly
This is really a five-star app compared to the other apps I have seen. The only reason I gave it four starts is because there are some little things that should continue to be worked on. For instance, there is a way to select all or delect all in a batch, but you have to look for it a bit. A button like that should be somewhere around the batch. Also, there is no way to remove a photograph from a batch or add a photograph to a batch. At least that I have found yet. Currently, you have to select a photo in a batch and then click remove. You should also be able to just right click and select remove. So in other words, these features are there. Saying that there is no way to add or remove isn’t really accurate. You can do everything. But there could be some redundant buttons and menu items in order to make every step completely obvious to every type of user. I’ll put it like that.
So call me crazy, but I like the app so much I only gave it four stars in order to motivate the developer to continue improving it through redundant features to increase the already high amount of user friendliness.
All that said, this is an amazing value.
Little Engine that Could for a Dollar
I only needed to change the date to 300 photos since my camera was inaccurate. To me, this worth a dollar for me even with the issues. While performing this one operation, the app hung indefinitely mutliple times and I had to terminate it. I eventually learned that it is best to completely close the application and start over between operations. It seems to get one thing done right before it crashes. The other thing I found annoying is that I had to set all of the date/time change parameters for each of the “Original”, “Creation”, and “Modification” dates. A “same as” option here seems obvious IMHO. In conclusion, this app needs some TLC but I am thankful for it and I think it was well worth my dollar.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.