PhotoStatistica lets you stand back and see the big picture. PhotoStatistica's innovative tools gives you the ability to draw powerful insights about your photography by visualising EXIF data across large libraries of your images.
PhotoStatistica is the perfect tool to help you buy the right piece of equipment, think about how to improve your photography, research artists, run a competition or manage a team of photographers.
PhotoStatistica quickly scans in EXIF data from directories of images, Lightroom, Capture One Pro or Photos libraries, then gives you a powerful set of charting, discovery and filter tools to analyse the images and help answer questions such as:
- What prime lens should I buy, based on the most common focal length I used on a zoom lens over the last year?
- Is it worth investing in a high ISO camera?
- What gear do I most use on my trips?
- Which lens do I get the highest rated images with?
Or if you are an archivist, researcher or manage a team of photographers, PhotoStatistica can help answer questions such as:
- What was the artist's most prolific period?
- What was the photographer's technical approach?
- Which camera systems does the photographer use the most?
You can save multiple analyses, refresh the results as more photos are added to your sources, before exporting the raw data as CSV, delivering the results as CSV or PNG files, or sharing your insights via Mail or Messages.
PhotoStatistica is an essential piece of software that no photographer should be without in their digital camera bag!
What's more PhotoStatistica is super easy to use:
1.PhotoStatistica rapidly scans in EXIF data from a number of sources and cameras:
- Include images from any directory, or nested set of directories
- You can also extract image data from a Capture One Pro or Lightroom library - although for LR a copy of the images must be on your machine / storage and not solely in the Adobe Cloud.
- Support is provided for images held in Photos file, where the images are stored on the computer.
- PhotoStatistica supports all image formats / cameras that Apple support.
- In addition PhotoStatistica can work with compressed RAF files, for those FujiFilm cameras for which Apple provides non-compressed support.
- Supports XMP sidecar files
2. Use a powerful set of filters to focus your research - all imported EXIF dimensions are available to filter against, with full set of logic operators
3. Visualise your photos using histograms, pie charts, pivot tables, pivot charts and a drill down discovery tool to easily analyse over 50 dimensions.
4. Drill down into image sub-sets and inspect individual images and their EXIF data
5. Export data and results in CSV format, or export your charts as PNGs
6. Save all your analyses and easily refresh your results as you add more images to your archives
Other features include:
- Apple Silicon native compatibility
- Dark mode support
- Banded dimensions, to help work with range of values
- Powerful date filter tools: for example select all photos taken on any Tuesday
- Drill down data discovery tool
2 bug fixes:
- App would misbehave if image files were directly dragged onto its window: now just limited to folders
- Image previews would not be shown if an image file did not have an embedded thumbnail: fixed
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve just scratched the surface of this app at this point but can safely say that it will provide tremendous insight into your photography. Like everything else, practice and self-evaluation is what will make you more and more proficient and skilled. Part of that analysis includes the technical aspects of how you took a particular picture as well as composition, lighting, etc.. How could I improve on the results? Maybe a faster shutter speed, etc. Is there a pattern to what is working and what isn’t?
This tool brings the specifics to light in a simple visual way yet allows you to drill down for a deeper look. The training tutorials are short, sweet and topic driven. I’ve had the occasion to request support and was impressed at how quickly my question was answered.
This is a “must have” tool in my bag!
Was curious about what focal length I use most often. Did a google search for an app and found this. No trial version available but thought I could eat the $5 if it was a bust. Just did some initial tests and two things are immediately apparent. (A) This thing is fast and flexible. And (B) At $5 for a Mac OS based app, this is a steal! Was able to scan my entire Apple Photos library (>25k Images) in no time at all and do an analysis. Plus I was able to change the parameters & thresholds of the analysis quickly. It also has the flexibility to look at folders of images as well. Not certain how I often I will use, but for the info I initially needed Very impressive. Documentation is a little weak but the get started video is all you really need.
I am struggling to get any data out of this app. I am attempting to read mulitple types of raw files from Canon, Nikon and Fuji and keep getting results that show no data.
UPDATE - found out that this app is not reading data from external drives. If I move the folder of images to my desktop it works as advertised
UPDATE #2 - the developer has been responsive and has pushed multiple updates out since my intial review and has fixed all issues that I originally had with the software.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for raising this. We've tested this on a LaCie 4TB hard drive (Mac OS Extended (Journaled)) and a LaCie SSD also without issue. We've also spoken to users who have imported from off-machine storage too.
We'll look into why you may have an issue on your setup, and resolve the problem.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Bristol Bay Code Factory Limited
- 3.2 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- ©2020-2022, Bristol Bay Code Factory Limited
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.