PhotoSweeper Lite (a lightweight version of PhotoSweeper) helps you to get rid of duplicate photos. It works with photos from Apple Photos, iPhoto, Aperture, Adobe Lightroom and Capture One libraries, as well as photos from your hard drives and external storages. It allows you to find and group photos that have identical or very similar content, regardless of image names.
DUPLICATE photos - absolutely identical photos, created by reserve copying or using multiple photo libraries etc. If you have several Macs, external hard drives, or just multiple copies of the same photo collection, and want to remove duplicates, this application is for you.
SIMILAR photos - photos that look identical to the human eye, but are different for a computer, usually created by multi-shot capturing of the same scene, or by editing with special software, like Adobe Photoshop, Pixelmator etc. PhotoSweeper Lite DOES NOT detect this kind of photos as duplicates, but the FULL version of PhotoSweeper DOES the trick.
With PhotoSweeper Lite you get:
• Support for Photos, iPhoto, Aperture, Lightroom and Capture One libraries.
• Beautifully designed and easy-to-use interface: great photo browsing, reviewing results in different modes, automatically marking photos etc.
• Extremely fast workflow: based on state-of-the-art technologies and optimized for photo comparison.
This is the LITE version. The FULL version is named "PhotoSweeper" and it:
• Finds SIMILAR photos providing extra comparison settings. Photos are compared regardless of their sizes or formats and are grouped by similarity. It allows you to find even edited photos and series of shots.
• Moves or copies photos you want to keep with or without bulk renaming.
A comprehensive user manual is available on our site: https://overmacs.com/
+ Improved compatibility with macOS Catalina and new Photos app.
+ Made PhotoSweeper even more awesome by fixing issues reported by our customers.
Ratings and Reviews
Would be 5 stars if the interface was not so confusing, and it worked with Apple Photos
I got this not knowing the difference between the 9.99 version and this one (still don’t) and found the interface to be overly complicated. For example, the iphotos library opens in another window with no clear way to search for duplicates. Once I figured out you had to drag them to the dark gray window and run compare, all was well until I realized there are a lot of duplicates in Photos that this tool does not find. But I ran this against a huge 32GB aperture library and it worked great. Go figure.
Quick and Easy Comparisons
Luv this app! One minute of reading instructions, then less than two minutes to sort through a couple of thousand pics in iPhoto. Duplicates moved to trash with a click. How much easier can it get?
Does what it says!
Finds and removes duplicates thousands of times faster than you could manually.
A real time saver.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.