PhotoSync – the best solution to wirelessly transfer, backup & share photos / videos to computer, NAS, other phones and popular cloud / photo services.
** Cross-platform solution with native apps for mobile devices, Windows & Mac. Also works on Linux
** Reliable and secure software – operating 12 years in the market and continuously updated
** No limitations – transfer and backup an unlimited number of photos & videos. Full resolution transfer with HEIC and RAW support; all metadata (EXIF, GPS) is preserved
** Flexible: Automatically organise files into folders by recording date, media type, album name and metadata on target device. Customisable file names
** Be totally independent of the cloud and iTunes
** Managed App Configuration over MDM or using a settings file (config.photosync-app.com)
—— MAIN FEATURES ——
Transfer to / from computer
• Directly transfer / backup photos & videos from iPhone / iPad to Windows PC or Mac. Photos & videos are transferred directly over the local Wi-Fi network. No Internet or cloud are required.
• Send photos & videos from Windows PC or Mac over Wi-Fi to iPhone / iPad. Received photos & videos are imported directly into the Camera Roll or an album you defined.
Transfer between phones and tablets
• Directly transfer photos & videos between devices over Wi-Fi, Bluetooth or Personal Hotspot. No computer, Internet or cloud are required.
Transfer to / from NAS, cloud and photo services
• Backup photos & videos to NAS devices, home cloud and wireless portable hard drives over FTP, SMB, WebDAV and SFTP. PhotoSync works flawlessly with: Synology, QNAP, Buffalo NAS, ownCloud, NextCloud, WD MyCloud, TrueNAS, OpenMediaVault…
• Backup photos & videos to / from USB drives, iCloud Drive and local storage via the Files app (iOS13).
• Upload photos & videos to popular cloud and photo services like Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Photos, Flickr, OneDrive, SmugMug, Box, Zenfolio, pCloud…
• Transfer photos & videos directly between devices, services and NAS (e.g. OneDrive to SMB).
Visit photosync-app.com for a complete feature list.
The free version of PhotoSync lets you fully test its transfer functionality. Photos & videos are, however, transferred in low quality. RAW and HEIC photos are converted to JPEG. You can remove these limitations by upgrading to PhotoSync Pro, a one-time purchase, inside the app.
—— PREMIUM FEATURES ——
Exclusive features for Premium users:
Automatically transfer new photos & videos in the background to computer, NAS or supported cloud services, whenever you arrive at pre-selected locations or charge your device.
Take a photo with the built-in PhotoSync Camera and transfer it immediately to supported targets. Photo booth support over AirPlay & HDMI.
Advanced Siri Support & Workflows
Build powerful workflows using the Siri Actions “Transfer from Clipboard” & “Transfer new photos/videos” – possibilities are endless!
Client-Side Encryption – Protect Your Photos & Videos
Encrypt photos & videos before transfer to ensure safe storage on NAS and file-based cloud services.
Camera Support (Wi-Fi & USB)
Download from Canon, Nikon, Sony, Fujifilm, Olympus & Lumix cameras and cameras connected over WiFi or USB. (Wireless) tethering & photo booth support over Airplay & HDMI.
Additional Premium Services & Features
Support for Amazon S3, Backblaze & Wasabi cloud services, SanDisk iXpand USB Flash Drive, Toshiba FlashAir & Transcend Wi-Fi SD cards.
Visit premium.photosync-app.com for a complete feature list.
Premium features require an additional purchase (one-time purchase or subscription with free trial).
Duration and price of each subscription is displayed in the PhotoSync app at time of purchase. Payment is charged to the iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless automatic renewal is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Subscription and auto-renewal can be managed or turned off in the iTunes account settings.
Terms & Conditions: https://bit.ly/33KFb1G
- New: For services with mulitple configurations (e.g. SMB, FTP, S3) the order of the configurations can now be changed
- New: When uploading to S3 & Wasabi PhotoSync now sets the "X-Amz-Meta-Mtime" header to the recording date of the photo & video. This header can also be interpreted by many 3rd party applications.
When enabling the new option "Query Recording date" PhotoSync will use this information to enable sorting by recording date when browsing photos & videos on S3 & Wasabi. Note: Enabling this option may slow down performance as it requires an additional query for each photo/video.
- New: When uploading to Backblaze, PhotoSync now sets the "X-Bz-Info-src_last_modified_millis" to the recording date of the photo & videos. This information is now also used when browsing Backblaze in PhotoSync, allowing sorting by recording date.
- Fixed: Issues with encrypted video uploads to S3, Wasabi and Backblaze. We recommend re-uploading these videos to an encrypted S3, Wasabi or Backblaze destination.
- Fixed: Wrong extension for XMP sidecar files, when "Keep original names" was enabled in "Expert Settings"
- Fixed: Videos were not recorded for more than 12 seconds in some cases when using the PhotoSync camera
- Fixed: PhotoSync now ignores when a USB or Wi-Fi camera disconnects (or goes to sleep) while a transfer is in progress
- Fixed: Transfers to SMB could result in error 22 in rare cases (e.g. when the target volume is exFAT formatted and mounted with fuse)
- Improved thumbnail loading performance for S3 based services
New in Version 4.8
- New: Client-Side Encryption (Premium)
Encrypt photos & videos before transfer and store them encrypted on NAS and file-based cloud services. Browse and view encrypted photos & videos directly in PhotoSync.
Rclone and OpenSSL are supported, enabling easy workflow integration and seamless decryption on PC and Mac.
- New: Improved metadata support
Embedding metadata is now supported without re-encoding for most file types. PhotoSync can now also embed modified recording dates and tag photos / videos based on user album name, Moments / location name or media type.
- New: XMP support
XMP sidecar files containing all metadata information can now be transferred. This feature is optimal for integration into professional workflows. Configurable options: XMP files are always transferred; only for photos with edited metadata; only for RAW files with edited metadata; or never.
- New: "Display" option to detect modified / edited photos & videos as new: If you edit a photo or video after it has been transferred, PhotoSync will detect the photos / videos as new and the edited version will be re-transferred. This setting can be enabled under "Display Options" (iOS 16 and later).
- New: PhotoSync can now retain the whole album / folder structure when transferring between iOS devices. To enable this feature enable "Keep Album Structure (iOS only)" under Configure->Phone/Tablet. Preserving the favorite status and location info is supported when transferring between iOS devices.
- New: The PhotoSync Camera can now embed copyright info
- New: Added an option "Set transfer time/date only once" for sub-directory creation. This way only one sub-directory is created for every transfer session.
- New: Added a new custom format %SP for custom sub-directory creation based on media type (Live Photo, Screenshots...)
- New: Added new custom formats %MOT and %MOL to add the Moments title and Moments location into the file name or sub-directory name
- New: Added an option "Assign Live Photo MOV to photo folder" for sub-directory creation. When enabling this option both files of a Live Photo are stored in the photos folder, when the %2P or %3P format is used.
- New: Added option "Upload in Chunks" for WebDAV connections. This option is helpful e.g. for WebDAV servers proxied by CloudFare
- New: Added host key checks for SFTP connection
- New: Added an option to convert ProRes Videos to H264 or HEVC
Ratings and Reviews
Works better than i expected!
TLDR: almost 20k pics/screenshots/vids of ~370 GB transferred perfectly keeping all metadata.
I transferred over all ~5,500 of my photos & videos in a few hours to my NAS device all at their original quality. It was about 120 GB worth of stuff! (I shoot in ProRaw and 1080p60) I’m currently getting my wife’s ~13,000 photos & videos transferred in original quality now (PLENTY of screenshots but mostly non-ProRaw and 1080p30 videos) and it’s about 190 GB. It seemingly got corrupted with hers because it started transferring everything over very fast (about 5 pictures in a second) but would say 0.0% complete for each one instead of actually showing progress. I looked at the NAS and it had a bunch of .aae files (the “edited” versions) but wasn’t transferring the original. I fixed it in the app and now it’s working! The best part is all of the original metadata seems to be preserved. Down to the type of device used, its lens (e.g. wide for iPhone 12 Pro). Great app and worth it!
Thank you so much
This app is phenomenal, and I hope it remains supported for years to come.
Before this app, I was stuck running MacOS in a Virtual Machine on Windows just to use the native Photos app for exports. I was convinced there was literally no other solution after using countless other apps. It felt like Apple backed me into a corner, saying, “Just buy a Mac.” (I already have a relevant laptop and very competent desktop PC, so spending $1000+ on a Mac just for photo management seemed like overkill).
I’m so happy that I can keep the categorization I’ve set up in Photos when transferring to my PC. I can Transfer 10,000+ photos to my PC and they will all just go into folders without the hassle of having to organize everything all over again. I can’t believe Apple doesn’t have a similar feature! Even in macOS, I’ve had to manually make all 90 of the albums I have as folders, and then export originals to each one individually. That would take an hour+, and using Files on my iPhone to do this is nearly impossible as it just crashes. Now I can ‘select all’ in this app, leave my phone to do its thing for bit, and then it’s all right on my PC nice and organized. Hours of time saved!
I’ve been searching for something like this for over a year, and I was so shocked that it seemingly didn’t exist that I was going to develop one myself! So this definitely saved me a lot of time 😅
Thank you so much. Outstanding work!
Works the way you want to use it
If you use an iPhone with a windows computer or otherwise don’t like to use cloud services, this app is for you. Importing photos with the provided utilities from Apple and Microsoft had given me nothing but errors, headaches and wasted time. This will let you use simple, standard protocols (FTP) that have existed since the beginning of time to sync your photos to your home PC or remote server without any nonsense. No proprietary databases, just regular old file transfer. Why in gods name I need to BUY an app to do this seemingly most basic of functions that should come stock is a face palming thought, but $5 is a « fair » price to make my expensive device do something any 1995 dell wouldn’t shrug at.
Only caveat, I’m not sure if there’s a way to simultaneously backup to redundant servers simultaneously, if there is, the UI should be improved, if there isn’t, it would be a nice feature.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- touchbyte GmbH
- 124.8 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © touchbyte GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- PhotoSync Premium - Yearly $6.49
- PhotoSync Premium - Monthly $0.99
- PhotoSync Pro - Lifetime $5.99
- PhotoSync Premium - Lifetime $24.99
- PhotoSync Premium - Monthly $0.99
- PhotoSync- Premium Lifetime $14.99
- PhotoSync Premium - Yearly $6.49
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.