Piano Adventures® Player puts serious fun in the palm of your hand!
Nancy and Randall Faber, authors of one of the world’s leading piano teaching methods, are pleased to release a new mobile app that offers the convenience of a full MIDI player on your iPhone or iPad. The app provides easy access to interactive play-along accompaniments for the Piano Adventures method books — bringing an orchestra, jazz ensemble and rock band right to your mobile device. The user interface is elegantly designed, appropriate for all ages and instructional levels.
Interactive features enhance and motivate piano practice:
- Control tempo, parts, volume and balance
- Set loops to rehearse difficult sections
- Keyboard view with light-up keys reinforces the student part
- Score view with liquid layout, reflows notation as you zoom or change orientation
- High-quality instrument samples for premium sound
- Built-in metronome keeps the beat
Optionally connect to a MIDI keyboard for additional features:
- Follow Mode intelligently adjusts to track your tempo and dynamics or waits for you to play the correct note
- Listen to your recorded performances for personal assessment
- Engage imagination with fun and creative arrangements
- Reinforce model performances
- Make at-home practice more productive
- Easily explore a wide variety of musical styles, sounds and ensembles
- Build ensemble playing skills
- No disks to juggle or files to transfer
- Designed for both iPad and iPhone
- Available as a free download
- Thirteen levels available (My First Piano Adventure A, B, and C, Primer, 1, 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B, Accelerated 1 and 2, Adult 1 and 2)
- 1000 songs from the Piano Adventures Lesson, Technique & Artistry, and Performance books
- Includes three free songs per level
- Full song libraries may be purchased for $4.99 per level
- Digital sheet music with play-along tracks for 63 Popular songs at all levels, including: Star Wars, Thinking Out Loud, Hedwig's Theme, 100 Years, Pirates of the Caribbean, the Beatles, and more!
- Digital sheet music with play-along tracks for 72 Classics at all levels, including great symphonic and operatic masterworks by Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, Mendelssohn, Tchaikovsky, Vivaldi, and more!
- Digital sheet music with play-along tracks for 79 Christmas songs at all levels, including: Jingle Bells, Joy to the World, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, Frosty the Snowman, Carol of the Bells, O Holy Night, and more!
- Easy access to video support for Adult Book 1 and 2
- International editions and multilingual support (Spanish, German, Dutch, Chinese, Japanese)
Visit PianoAdventures.com/player or send email to email@example.com
- New! Videos for Adult Piano Adventures Classics and Popular Books 1 and 2
- Video player updated for compatibility
Ratings and Reviews
Essential accompaniment for the solo learner.
The Faber Piano Adventure Player has been essential to my learning with the Adult Piano series. There are video introductions to sections and sheet music compositions that help with rhythm and queuing. It can connect to a digital Piano via USB or MIDI Bluetooth. I use it with my iPad and Roland HP603a via Bluetooth Audio/MIDI.
The 3 things I would like to see in future versions:
- Mark errors and score your attempt. I’d like to know where I need to improve or if I did it perfectly. Make it a game of sorts (earn stars?)
- Support pedal(s) to start/stop/rewind. As of now I have to press play on the tablet and then rush my hands back to position. Left pedal (soft) one tap - rewind! Hold down - return to start. Middle pedal (sostenuto) start/stop. See Piascore it can be mapped!
I stumbled across this app while on the Faber website. They need to advertise this more! The importance of "playing along" is usually underestimated. Especially during COVID where so many teachers are using remote, you can't play along with your teacher--the timing doesn't work. This helps the student to learn to keep playing through mistakes. Also, the ability to loop over trouble spots is pretty cool. Then, if you have a MIDI keyboard, the ability to record and listen to yourself. You will hear mistakes that you didn't notice while playing--most teachers suggest recording yourself for that reason. Also, it shows you notes that you missed! Very intuitive, well laid out software. Some folks gave bad reviews because they thought it was too expensive or missing certain songs. I don't think they understand how much work goes into putting this together. I am also a software developer--I write software that tests other people's software. I can tell you this is a lot of work. Faber even says on their website, they are still working on adding material. For less than $5 per level, It is a great deal. When you think about how much lessons cost...SERIOUSLY?! Anyway, great job, Faber! Keep up the good work!
Very Helpful But Not Perfect
It is helpful to hear the songs, especially for figuring out temp and counting. It is also nice to see the music in the app follow the music. I don’t think the $4.99 for each book’s music is a big deal but I would like a little more for that money, per my below comments.
Big negative for me is that there is no audible count in to the music. There are a couple beats that are visually counted down — not audibly — and then the music takes off. You have to be psychic to know when to start with the music. Not to mention that you barely have time to get your hands to the right keys. That’s a major flaw. It should not be difficult to insert two measures of metronome at tempo before each piece. Then you could play along.
Minor gripe is the sound of the piano. It sounds like a cheap synthesizer. It would be great if the piano sounded more like a piano. Maybe Yamaha or Kawai would let the publisher use a sample in exchange for some advertising space. It would really be nice to have a better piano sound.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Dovetree Productions, Inc.
- 284.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Dutch, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Dovetree Productions, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Level 1 $4.99
- Primer Level $4.99
- Level 2A $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.