Piano Adventures® Player puts serious fun in the palm of your hand!
Nancy and Randall Faber, authors of one of the world’s leading piano teaching methods, are pleased to release a new mobile app that offers the convenience of a full MIDI player on your iPhone or iPad. The app provides easy access to interactive play-along accompaniments for the Piano Adventures method books — bringing an orchestra, jazz ensemble and rock band right to your mobile device. The user interface is elegantly designed, appropriate for all ages and instructional levels.
Interactive features enhance and motivate piano practice:
- Control tempo, parts, volume and balance
- Set loops to rehearse difficult sections
- Keyboard view with light-up keys reinforces the student part
- Score view with liquid layout, reflows notation as you zoom or change orientation
- High-quality instrument samples for premium sound
- Built-in metronome keeps the beat
Optionally connect to a MIDI keyboard for additional features:
- Follow Mode intelligently adjusts to track your tempo and dynamics or waits for you to play the correct note
- Listen to your recorded performances for personal assessment
- Engage imagination with fun and creative arrangements
- Reinforce model performances
- Make at-home practice more productive
- Easily explore a wide variety of musical styles, sounds and ensembles
- Build ensemble playing skills
- No disks to juggle or files to transfer
- Designed for both iPad and iPhone
- Available as a free download
- Thirteen levels available (My First Piano Adventure A, B, and C, Primer, 1, 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B, Accelerated 1 and 2, Adult 1 and 2)
- 1000 songs from the Piano Adventures Lesson, Technique & Artistry, and Performance books
- Includes three free songs per level
- Full song libraries may be purchased for $4.99 per level
- Digital sheet music with play-along tracks for 63 Popular songs at all levels, including: Star Wars, Thinking Out Loud, Hedwig's Theme, 100 Years, Pirates of the Caribbean, the Beatles, and more!
- Digital sheet music with play-along tracks for 72 Classics at all levels, including great symphonic and operatic masterworks by Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, Mendelssohn, Tchaikovsky, Vivaldi, and more!
- Digital sheet music with play-along tracks for 79 Christmas songs at all levels, including: Jingle Bells, Joy to the World, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, Frosty the Snowman, Carol of the Bells, O Holy Night, and more!
- Easy access to video support for Adult Book 1 and 2
- International editions and multilingual support (Spanish, German, Dutch, Chinese, Japanese)
Visit PianoAdventures.com/player or send email to email@example.com
- Internal Synth updated for iOS 13 compatibility
- New level for the Japanese Edition: 2B
Ratings and Reviews
Essential accompaniment for the solo learner.
The Faber Piano Adventure Player has been essential to my learning with the Adult Piano series. There are video introductions to sections and sheet music compositions that help with rhythm and queuing. It can connect to a digital Piano via USB or MIDI Bluetooth. I use it with my iPad and Roland HP603a via Bluetooth Audio/MIDI.
The 3 things I would like to see in future versions:
- Mark errors and score your attempt. I’d like to know where I need to improve or if I did it perfectly. Make it a game of sorts (earn stars?)
- Support pedal(s) to start/stop/rewind. As of now I have to press play on the tablet and then rush my hands back to position. Left pedal (soft) one tap - rewind! Hold down - return to start. Middle pedal (sostenuto) start/stop. See Piascore it can be mapped!
Beautifully designed but the music should be free.
This app is beautifully designed, with options for tempo, metronome, and piano backup or a variety of instruments. The only problem is that most of the songs cost money. Every book is 4.99, so if I bought every book it would be over 40 dollars! I’m not paying that money just so I can play along with music. It would be better if more songs were free, or if there were no purchases and everything was free. You are supposed to be helping people to learn to play piano, not forcing them to buy stuff.
Also, for people who said they just wanted to hear the piano...
To do so, look at the small buttons on the right. Next to the metronome button, there is a button with a + and a music note. Click it. Hope this helped.
This truly is a great help for an beginner adult (senior) piano player. I’m using the physical book to learn. But, to know you’re playing it correctly it helps to actually hear what it is supposed to sound like. I’ve shared this app with 2 other beginners and they find it quite helpful too.
My only suggestion would be to add an option to display the suggested finger position. The option would allow the user to turn display or hide the suggested finger position. That way I could take the music with me without the book.
That said, there is no substitute for the book. But, this is a “must have” partner to it. I still give it a full 5 stars.
- Dovetree Productions, Inc.
- 227.8 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Chinese, Dutch, German, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Dovetree Productions, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Primer Level $4.99
- Level 1 $4.99
- Level 2A $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.