Piano Adventures® Player puts serious fun in the palm of your hand!
Nancy and Randall Faber, authors of one of the world’s leading piano teaching methods, are pleased to release a new mobile app that offers the convenience of a full MIDI player on your iPhone or iPad. The app provides easy access to interactive play-along accompaniments for the Piano Adventures method books — bringing an orchestra, jazz ensemble and rock band right to your mobile device. The user interface is elegantly designed, appropriate for all ages and instructional levels.
Interactive features enhance and motivate piano practice:
- Control tempo, parts, volume and balance
- Set loops to rehearse difficult sections
- Keyboard view with light-up keys reinforces the student part
- Score view with liquid layout, reflows notation as you zoom or change orientation
- High-quality instrument samples for premium sound
- Built-in metronome keeps the beat
Optionally connect to a MIDI keyboard for additional features:
- Follow Mode intelligently adjusts to track your tempo and dynamics or waits for you to play the correct note
- Listen to your recorded performances for personal assessment
- Engage imagination with fun and creative arrangements
- Reinforce model performances
- Make at-home practice more productive
- Easily explore a wide variety of musical styles, sounds and ensembles
- Build ensemble playing skills
- No disks to juggle or files to transfer
- Designed for both iPad and iPhone
- Available as a free download
- Thirteen levels available (My First Piano Adventure A, B, and C, Primer, 1, 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B, Accelerated 1 and 2, Adult 1 and 2)
- 1000 songs from the Piano Adventures Lesson, Technique & Artistry, and Performance books
- Includes three free songs per level
- Full song libraries may be purchased for $4.99 per level
- Digital sheet music with play-along tracks for 63 Popular songs at all levels, including: Star Wars, Thinking Out Loud, Hedwig's Theme, 100 Years, Pirates of the Caribbean, the Beatles, and more!
- Digital sheet music with play-along tracks for 72 Classics at all levels, including great symphonic and operatic masterworks by Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, Mendelssohn, Tchaikovsky, Vivaldi, and more!
- Digital sheet music with play-along tracks for 79 Christmas songs at all levels, including: Jingle Bells, Joy to the World, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, Frosty the Snowman, Carol of the Bells, O Holy Night, and more!
- Easy access to video support for Adult Book 1 and 2
- International editions and multilingual support (Spanish, German, Dutch, Chinese, Japanese)
Visit PianoAdventures.com/player or send email to email@example.com
- New! Search for Books and Songs
- VoiceOver support for accessibility
- Videos and subtitles for the Spanish Edition of Adult Piano Adventures Course Book 1
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Essential accompaniment for the solo learner.
The Faber Piano Adventure Player has been essential to my learning with the Adult Piano series. There are video introductions to sections and sheet music compositions that help with rhythm and queuing. It can connect to a digital Piano via USB or MIDI Bluetooth. I use it with my iPad and Roland HP603a via Bluetooth Audio/MIDI.
The 3 things I would like to see in future versions:
- Mark errors and score your attempt. I’d like to know where I need to improve or if I did it perfectly. Make it a game of sorts (earn stars?)
- Support pedal(s) to start/stop/rewind. As of now I have to press play on the tablet and then rush my hands back to position. Left pedal (soft) one tap - rewind! Hold down - return to start. Middle pedal (sostenuto) start/stop. See Piascore it can be mapped!
I have used piano adventures for years. I love the series, but this is missing a lot of the supplemental books like the Disney and Hits. It’s random to you will see those books for some level, but not others. Those are my students favorites and as a traveling piano instructor and one who is now teaching online it would be helpful to have all of them and so the kids can download them as they move up. I also hate how I have to buy this in addition to the books. It should come for free if you buy a physical book or pay an extra dollar or two for the app addition like you do for college books. I also wish there was an interactive lesson for My First Piano. My students would respond so much better to that than a cd! I don’t have a disk drive on my Mac, let alone a CD player anymore. This needs to be upgraded or something better is going to come along...
Excellent Teacher & Student Resource
I’ve been using Faber books for a few years now. I really like the way they structure their songs and progression of new concepts. I also appreciate the myriad of exercises they have. This is some great icing on the cake.
This has all the sheet music, options for viewing what notes are being played, audio controls for the backing tracks plus left and right hand.
The only thing I would like to see change is the aspect ratio. It’s clearly been formatted for older iPhones so it looks a bit odd on newer devices. Really hope they keep putting content like this out and providing updates because this has become a regular part of my lesson time with students.
- Dovetree Productions, Inc.
- 275.7 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Chinese, Dutch, German, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Dovetree Productions, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Level 1 $4.99
- Primer Level $4.99
- Level 2A $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.