• Let the musical muses of Piano Motifs inspire your device to generate some original and beautiful motifs (short melodies).
• Check out the music that Piano Motifs can generate at: https://soundcloud.com/azul-3d
• Create original, catchy and inspiring MIDI loops with the touch of a button.
• No musical knowledge or skill is necessary to create completely new and original music. Piano Motifs is the simplest way to generate your own music.
• There are no preset melodies. Melodies are generated algorithmically. The melodic possibilities are endless.
• Move the slider to adjust the music tempo (speed-bpm) or select the key, scale, time signature, octave range, number of bars, melody constraints, and accompaniment style for your motif.
• Option to generate Swing rhythm for the melody.
• Motifs can now be up to 80 bars. The number of bars can be easily programmed.
• Program your own chord progressions and let Piano Motifs generate an accompaniment and melody for them.
• Arrange your motifs to create longer musical pieces. Create your own song structures using different motifs for different song sections.
• Choose from 12 different kinds of accompaniment styles.
• Define your arpeggio accompaniments.
• Choose from 5 different kinds of melody constraints.
• Major, Minor, Lydian, Mixolydian, Dorian, Phrygian and Harmonic Minor scales supported
• Program the maximum melody note length.
• Replay music at different tempos.
• Name and save your favorite motifs.
• Save your motifs as MIDI files so you can edit them or add more instrumentation to them on your favorite Digital Audio Workstation (DAW).
• Incorporate the MIDI file in your iOS production workflow.
• Share audio or MIDI through iMessages, e-mail, Whatsapp or AirDrop. Save audio or MIDI to your device's file system.
• MIDI Out In-App Purchase:
Play the music generated by Piano Motifs on your favorite synthesizer, DAW, a connect/route/mix app like AUM, or any app that has Virtual MIDI Destination (MIDI In) capabilities. IMPORTANT: Before purchasing please be aware that Piano Motifs DOES NOT OFFER Ableton Link functionality.
• MIDI Out In-App Purchase features include:
- Setting Piano Motifs in loop mode
- Programmable delay for the start of a motif
- Independent programmable MIDI channels for melody and accompaniment
- MIDI Out settings are saved between Piano Motifs sessions
• Piano Motifs chooses a music key from many different scales and an accompaniment from a varied set of accompaniments. Piano Motifs then uses its musical theory algorithms to overlay a melody in the chosen key and accompaniment. Piano Motifs are short, they go from around 16 seconds to around 30 seconds.
• Added the ability to set the melody note frequency.
• Added the ability to program 1, 2, 4 or 8 bars for a Motif.
• When returning to the Library after auditioning a Motif, it is now highlighted.
• When auditioning an Arrangement the Section name is displayed.
• Improved random progression generation algorithm.
Ratings and Reviews
A magically inspirational app!
As a guitarist with limited piano/keyboard stills, this app has been a Godsend when it comes to providing new musical phrases, ideas, and even foundations for future songs.
It's like having a top-rated big city session musician at your beck and call!
When I first purchased it, is was really good, but what blew me away was the way he took input from our talented musical forum to transform it into something truly spectacular.
I fully believe that you can not only purchase this app knowing that it will never become "abandon-ware," but that it will consistently incorporate new systems and ideas to ensure it is best in class.
A source of inspiration.
I really like what the dev is doing with this app! I would suggest more scales and time signatures. Great program at an inexpensive price! Keep evolving!
Ok! Love the new updates (80 bars, yes, more variations due to longer evolution times) and thanks for the renaming update!
Keep going, you got something big here. More scales & time signatures as said earlier.
I have a big(?) suggestion. How about shorter notes like 1/16 and 1/32. It will not sound so algo/mechanical. Set up a “tip jar.”
I will contribute to see this grow even more.
Oh yea, I forgot triplets.
I am glad you set up the tip jar as I just tipped you! You deserve it!
Is anyone else hearing audio?
Piano motifs was working fine for me and then I purchased the midi out upgrade and since then I haven’t been to audition any of the sounds? Is it a bug perhaps?
Developer Response ,
Hi tetrahex. When you enable MIDI Out, you need to select a Destination for Melody and Accompaniment. If you don’t, there will be no audio and a warning message will be displayed indicating that no MIDI destinations have been selected. Please contact us at email@example.com so we can promptly help you resolve the issue you’re having.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Fernando Morales
- 12.1 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020-2021 Fernando A Morales
- In-App Purchases
- MIDI Out Connectivity $1.99
- Medium Tip $1.99
- Small Tip $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.