PiBar gives you all the tools you need to manage your Pi-hole(s) right from your macOS menu bar.
• Display DNS query stats in your macOS menu bar
• Supports multiple Pi-holes (inc. quadruple failover setups!)
• Toggle your Pi-hole(s) on/off from the menu or anywhere via Cmd+Option+Shift+P keyboard shortcut
• Displays warnings if any or all of your Pi-holes are inaccessible or disabled
• No capital "h" in the word "hole" in the app or in the code
• Beautiful app icon
• Supports macOS 10.12 (Sierra) and later
How to get started:
1. Launch PiBar
2. Click on the PiBar icon in your menu bar and go to Preferences
3. Click Add to add your Pi-hole details
4. Click Test, if the test is successful, click "Save & Close"
5. Add more Pi-holes if you have them :)
6. Adjust your menu bar display preferences
7. Close the Preferences window and enjoy!
• Updated to work with latest version of Pi-hole / AdminLTE 5.18
• Launch at Login support removed from Preferences as it no longer supports macOS 10.12
Ratings and Reviews
If you run a pi-hole, this is a must-have
I didn't realize I needed this app until I tried it. It does exactly what a menubar app should: Stays out the way while offering a quick status check and providing access to the most-used features of the pi-hole. Forget logging in and navigating through the admin menu: Unblocking problem sites (temporarily or prmanently) is now instantaneous.
pretty neat while it worked
I was using this for a while, and then catalina had an update that broke it, it was fixed by the developer, but now mine doesn't work the same anymore.
I was using this along side my VPN, with local lan access allowed by my VPN software (proton), but ever since that fix a while back it no longer works when I have my VPN software running, regardless of local LAN access and sometimes I can't get it to work at all even with the VPN off.
Although my last review was accurate, the developer did respond today to my GitHub contact and also responded here, so I will update my review accordingly. Thanks to the dev for updating the app.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Brad Root
- 6.3 MB
- Requires macOS 10.12 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Brad Root
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.