Pickleball Score Keeper is the first Pickleball app designed for Apple Watch. It turns your Apple Watch into a simple and easy-to-use score tracking device. All matches are stored on your iPhone and key statistics give you insights on how to improve your game.
- Keep track of all your matches (with or without an Apple Watch)
- Singles and doubles match modes
- Identify teammates and opponents
- Track your unforced errors
- Service statistics
- Player database to keep notes on opponent strengths and weaknesses
- Follow live matches point by point
- Integrates with Health app (steps taken, running distance, maximum heart rate, calories burned) to help you gain insight into your Pickleball workouts as well as to monitor how hard your opponents make you work
How to use the Watch app:
It is so simple. Just start the app from your Apple Watch.
- Select game setup (i.e.: Doubles, Game to 11, Win by 2)
- Swipe towards you when you win a rally.
- Swipe away from you when you lose a rally.
- Swipe right to record an unforced error.
- Swipe left to undo.
- Press down on the watch face to end session or restart a game.
TIP! Swipe from the middle of the watch, not the edge.
Scores are spoken aloud and gentle vibrations allow you to continue play without looking at your watch.
Player positions and current server are shown on the watch face in case you lose track.
The watch is by default set to wake on wrist raise. If Pickleball Score Keeper does not open on Wrist Raise gesture during a match, please do the following from the watch home screen:
1. Tap Settings > tap General > tap Wake Screen
2. Make sure that "Wake Screen on Wrist Raise" is turned on.
3. Scroll down to "Resume to: Previous Activity" and checkmark.
Please don’t be shy to use the Feedback button on the Pickleball Score Keeper iPhone app to contact us with ideas and suggestion. We welcome your feedback.
Cosmetic update to resize for the newest Apple Watch
Ratings and Reviews
Just what I was looking for!
I get so involved in rallies I sometimes forget the score. (My memory is not what it used to be lol) I just wanted a simple app so I could keep score and check it when I wanted to make sure. This app surpasses my expectations. Not only does it keep score, but it shows who should be serving and from which side of the court. This has ended some confusion as sometimes everyone playing has a brain fart and misremembers. It took a bit to get used to entering the score, but it is actually pretty simple. A swipe up for your opponent and a swipe down for you. There is an easy undo swipe if you make a mistake and it will go back as far as you need to go. You can also enter unforced errors if you wish to keep track of that. The cost is very reasonable too. I didn’t mind paying for it. Now I can concentrate on the game and not the score. There is more to the app than I listed here. I’m still learning what all it can do. Go ahead and give it a shot. To me, it’s a game changer.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the great review. I’m glad it’s working out well for you. Happy pickling!
A few months ago I didn’t find any score apps that worked for the Apple Watch, but now there is this one, and it works great. I’d envisioned an interface where you tap on a quadrant to record points or turnovers, but the swiping method here is much better. Other than more stats just for fun sakes, I’m not sure what could be better. Perhaps a manual edit button to change the score and player position, in case you get off somehow and need more than an undo. Also, perhaps at least allow for a tap and hold to select edit player on the watch, and then select an opposing player and have the crown scroll through the alphabet. This way, instead of A and B for the opposite side, I could change it to Y and W, denoting the yellow shirt and white shirt opponents. Otherwise, I’m not sure I personally would recognize when they go out of position, not remembering who is A and who is B.
Well designed and easy to use
I bought this yesterday and used it this morning. After a very small learning curve it is easy to use with a nice clear display. Only takes under a second to record a rally win or lost so is not at all disruptive to the game. I need reading glasses to read close up , but had no problems with the display on my watch without them. I probably won’t use all the features, but at $3 you have nothing to lose. I did find one small bug that will be easy to fix. On my iPhone (with the default font enlarged) the results list is too squashed to read well
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- codeDependent Software Incorporated
- 27 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © codeDependentSoftware
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.