iPad teleprompting app, picoPrompt, transforms an iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch, into a self contained professional speech prompter. Many unique features make it suitable for use in the most challenging situations such as live news or as a general production tool, now with configurable VideoSelfie features and script print and email facility.
A wired hand control option iScroll/iGlue - a certified MFi accessory - provides a 'plug in and go' serial control - no setting up, no batteries - quick and secure. The i-Scroll hand control hardware is available direct from www.telepromptingtechniques.com or authorised distributors.
Using WinPlus, Autoscript's popular newsroom prompter, or an FTP site, scripts and updates can be sent automatically to a remote picoPrompt unit, anywhere.
Features include picoSmartStart which calls in a script from an FTP site, ready to prompt, with three button touches and AutoUpdate which will update the script at the press of a button.
Great for video Selfies use PiP - Picture in Prompting - which overlays the FaceTime video output in a small window in the prompt display. Now with on screen button to start recording and Pause to stop/save to camera roll. Drag the text faster or slower on screen to adjust the scroll rate. Alternatively use an iScroll hand control to provide remote functions. The saved video can be emailed direct to a destination such as YouTube
Text can be acquired from files stored on an FTP server, copy, or cut and paste, from a web browser, e-mail, or web file storage facility such as Drop Box, using picoServe, peer to peer from a PC or a local WiFi hotspot. Text can also be created and edited using the on-board editor.
As an ultra portable and simple to use prompter, picoPrompt is suitable for all situations including news and documentaries, interviews, general studio production, commercials, public speaking, video conferencing, YouTube videos, podcasts and amateur productions.
Special attention has been paid to provide features such as the speed at which scripts can be loaded and subsequently displayed. Scripts or stories can be saved into a rundown which can be re-ordered at any time and text changes can be quickly made using SmartEdit and the on-board editor. Multiple languages, fonts, font sizes, foreground and background colours are supported in addition to left, right and centre justification.
As an alternative to the hardware controller, iScroll, an associated free issue app picoScroll, with auto connection, can be used to control the scroll speed using WiFi or Bluetooth.
For short presentations, where a controller may not be necessary, picoPrompt has a facility to set a fixed reading speed and then, when triggered, count down to start scrolling automatically at the set speed and from the nominated start point.
Summary of picoPrompt features:
* iScroll, a wired hand control option for reliable speed control
* Newsroom interface
* On Camera Mode double flip feature for edits
* picoSmartStart for super quick script loading
* AutoUpdate for remote script changes
* PiP Picture in Prompting video overlay
* Remote smooth scrolling speed control using Bluetooth or WiFi
* Free PC server App for peer to peer script acquisition
* Operates in Portrait or Landscape
* Mix fonts, sizes and colours
* Map downloaded fonts
* International languages supported including right to left format
* Story Run Order with re-order facility
* Script transfer and sync between i/devices via Bluetooth or WiFi
* Macro feature to predefine editing features
* Jump to/back markers
* Mirror mode
* Adjustable cue marker
* Loop mode
* Automatic flip with orientation change
* Set start point
* Auto start option with visible countdown
* Touch screen speed control for quick and accurate positioning
* Orientation lock
* Two configurable FTP connections
* Swipe gesture Next and Previous pages
* Simultaneous two finger tap to load from Paste for instant Prompting
* SmartEdit for immediate text editing
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
iPad Pro iOS 10 display issues resolved
iPad Pro iOS 10 reformatting error on orientation change resolved
The developer, Teleprompting Techniques Limited, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Teleprompting Techniques Ltd
- 6 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Teleprompting Techniques Limited
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.