Talking visual story creator
Everyone loves to tell fun, engaging, and imaginative stories. Go ahead and make a social story or visual schedule for a child with autism or a slide show of holiday pictures for your friends - Pictello makes it a breeze to create and share! Whether you use the included natural-sounding Text to Speech voices, or record your own voice, Pictello is the perfect tool for visual storytelling.
Each page in a Pictello story consists of a photo or video and some text, which can be read aloud by a Text to Speech voice or your own recorded audio.
Develop literacy skills
- Support reading with word-by-word text highlighting
- Develop writing and spelling with built-in word prediction and Speak as You Type
- Create stories to teach academic and social skills
- Import free early literacy and adapted academic books from Tar Heel Reader
Create and playback with ease
- Let students use the wizard to create stories
- Play stories page by page or as a slideshow
- Use Text to Speech voices to read the story
- Turn on switch access for story playback
- Add your own photos
- Include short video clips
- Record your own voice or sound
Share your stories
- Share with other Pictello users through our free sharing server
- Use Dropbox to exchange stories
- Export to PDF or print to share with non-Pictello users
Speak your language
- Pick English, Spanish, German, French, Italian or Dutch for the user interface
- Select from over 110 free Text to Speech voices in 29 languages
- Use genuine American, British, Australian, American-Spanish, Swedish, French, Italian, German, Norwegian and Swedish children's voices
- Create interest with fun character and specialty voices
Customize to fit your needs
- Pick between Wizard or Expert creation modes
- Swipe or automatically turn pages
- Adjust speech rate and pronunciations
Read more at www.assistiveware.com/products/pictello
Educational institutions can get a 50% discount if they purchase 20 or more licenses through Apple’s Volume Licensing Program for Education.
We've added two new Northern English child voices—Alfie and Amy. Try them out.
Ratings and Reviews
Autistic children growing up
I am an autistic woman who was originally nonverbal and forced to speak in different therapies. They would drill me to repeat different phrases but I felt like I was saying nothing because I was just repeating what other people wanted me to say. I use all of the different assistiveware apps in different communication situations. They listened to autistic people and converted our natural dialect and communications into apps that really work for us. For the first time since I was seven years old, I finally found my authentic autistic voice. I am myself again. Thank you autistic community and thank you assistiveware.
Pictillo has allowed me to accommodate myself as an adult by letting make my own visual schedule like my teachers used to do for me as a little girl. My anxiety and fixation has reduced so much.
I’ve been using for years!
I love this app. Very easy to use. I’ve made multiple social stories from potty training to playing on the playground- I love it! I also make a lot of “my favorites” stories. Recently I started having my son use it to make books for his drawings. Easy to use. Thank you!!!
Developer Response ,
Hi FloridaGurlAtHeart, we are thrilled to hear about your love of Pictello and the different ways you use the app! Thank you for reaching out to us and your positive review! If you have not done so already, please feel free to look at our Pictello Help section (www.assistiveware.com/support/pictello) and Learn AAC section (www.assistiveware.com/learn-aac) for helpful information on using the app and implementing AAC into your daily family life. Please feel free to contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you ever have questions about the app. We are always happy to lend a helping hand. :-)
Just when I thought it couldn't get any better!
We were already so in love with this app…and then it happened, now you can add videos! We love it because it is so easy to use for myself and for my very highly impacted, nonverbal 11 yr old with autism. She never had any interest before of looking at pictures of her family or of social stories, I just don't think she saw the need. Now, after putting family albums and some motivating stories about her fav foods, she's hooked!:) I thought she'd only want to look at certain ones, but she goes through them all, over and over, even the social stories, like Going to the Dentist! I'm amazed at her response and so pleased! But now, with videos, when I added videos of her bowling to her story about her very first time bowling and of her playing in the water at the beach, I can't even describe her face! She grinned from ear to ear and then was just giddy! Now, that is priceless!!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- AssistiveWare B.V.
- 799.8 MB
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2023 AssistiveWare B.V.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.