Are you looking for a quick and accurate mushroom identifier? The Picture Mushroom app is right for you!
Simply take or upload a picture of a mushroom, and the Picture Mushroom app will tell you what it is in seconds. The app will offer you several similar species to choose from, and you can find the most exact one by comparing the images. In the scanning result, you can learn lots of useful info including mushroom names, habitats, ways of identifying, and so on. This app will also warn you of some toxic mushrooms so that you can stay away from them to keep safe.
Moreover, the app has many articles about mushrooms, like ways of identifying mushrooms,mushroom-related stories, and more. With the Picture Mushroom app, you can learn the most trending topics in the field.
Additionally, the app allows you to track your foraging sites for your next picking reference. It will recommend some seasonal mushrooms according to your location, and show the distribution map so that you can know what kind of mushrooms to pick and where to find them. You can also manage and share your identified mushroom with the in-app collection.
Whether you like to collect, study, or teach mushrooms, or just want to learn more about the world of mushrooms, Picture Mushroom is the right tool for beginners and advanced mushroom users.
- Fast and accurate ID of numerous species of mushrooms, fungi, and the like
- Full mushroom encyclopedia including all the info you need to know about mushrooms like name, habitat, identification method, toxicity, and more
- High-quality articles for you to know the trending topics in the field of mushroom
- Finely designed and user-friendly interface which allows you to easily identify, learn and share mushrooms
- Keep track of your foraging site for your next picking reference
- Recommend seasonal mushrooms of your place and show a mushroom distribution map
- Easily keep track of the mushrooms you’ve identified in your collection, and share your findings with your friends
About Picture Mushroom Subscription
- Subscription Name: Yearly Premium
- Subscription Duration: 1 year (7 days trial)
- Subscription Description: Users will get a 1-year Picture Mushroom Premium which includes unlimited mushroom IDs, free consulting with experts, numerous mushroom info, and no ads info views.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period
• The account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours before the end of the current period
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
Find out more about Picture Mushroom at:
Join us on our Discord Server:
A few minor bugs have been fixed for smoother user experience.
Ratings and Reviews
So one day my grandma and me were outside and we found these mushrooms and we didn’t know if they were safe or anything because my dog was also also outside and he could reach them with this chain so cause we have to put them on a leash because he runs away and we were outside, and I scanned it and the mushroom it was very very poisonous and it really helped me and my grandma know if it was safe or not because we were originally growing edible mushrooms and we didn’t know if it was toxic or not because it wasn’t in the mushroom the edible mushroom area so it really helped us and we got our dog away from it And we didn’t touch it and then one day I was just gone. We didn’t know what happened to it. It’s just gone. It’s really really really good app you should get it if I could and if I knew how to give it a 4 1/2 stars I would say the only reason I would give it that thing that review is because every mushroom I click on that says it said bullet says do not touch or do not eat. I don’t know why or is it just the curse of this app I don’t know anyways, you should get this app. It’s really good that really helped me and my grandma out to get our dog away from it. It’s a nice app you really should get it. Thank you for reading this.
Very helpful app!
The app has been so interesting in helping me to know the different types of mushrooms popping up in my yard and surrounding area. It gives information and additional pictures of the mushrooms and lets me know the possible effects. This was particularly helpful since my puppy was intent on eating whatever he could get in his mouth! I didn’t want to disturb the mushroom ecology any more than necessary but wanted to get toxic mushrooms out of his way. This helped a lot with identification and knowing what to move. I wish I had enabled offline identification before going to the mountains since I found a lot of mushrooms there but have since enabled it and will give it a try!
Another nice feature of the app is that it saves on date order all the mushrooms you have identified with pictures and information including date and location. Any questions, you can go back and look! I like it a lot!
Good app but far from perfect
For those people saying ‘It’s not free!’ the pop up for the trial will happen every time you open it, but there’s a grey, hard to see ‘cancel’ at the top which lets you use the app for free with no trial. To cancel any subscription if you did accidentally sign up…you go to your phone settings, click your Apple ID at the top, and there’s a tab that says ‘subscriptions’ that allows you to cancel any apps you’ve paid for. You’re welcome.
My issues with the app itself: somehow the heatmap is gone for me. Don’t know if that is not part of the free version anymore or something, but it was very helpful to seeing where in the world the mushroom was. The last few months I’m getting lots of suggestions for mushrooms that are nowhere near where my location is. If you’re gonna use my location data, at least have it help ID things. Also…the camera doesn’t want to focus while the app is open anymore, so I’m having to take photos out of the app and import them.
Otherwise this app is super helpful for getting a ballpark ID on mushrooms and has been very accurate for some of them when I had little to go on. Always take them home and double check with spore prints and a good field guide, especially if you’re gonna eat them.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Next Vision Limited
- 176.5 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Next Vision Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Picture Mushroom Premium $29.99
- Picture Mushroom Premium $29.99
- Picture Mushroom Premium $2.99
- Picture Mushroom Premium $5.99
- Picture Mushroom Premium $14.99
- No Ads $0.99
- Unlock an eBook $9.99
- Unlock an eBook $3.99