Here's how it works:
1. PicYourMoment/ROOMforthought sends you a notification at an unexpected moment every day.
2. Open the notification to see the animation.
3. Your device's camera than opens automatically. You'll get 3 seconds to focus.
4. The photo is taken automatically.
5. You can choose from a number of filters and add a comment and/or location.
6. Your photo is saved in the app. If you wish you can also save the photo to your camera roll/gallery. In the app you have the option to share your photo outside the app and on social media.
7. If you photo is intended for your eyes only, you can set your photo to private.
8. For your own photos go to 'My PYM album'.
9. You can find other people's public photos in the Public Album, but only for a moment.
10. In your Extra albums you can create additional albums with your PYM-photos and invite others to join so you can really share an album in the making.
11. And…..you can Pic One Extra Moment per day without notification. It lets you capture that other moment of life in serendipity. In the PYM app menu go to 'Account Settings' and switch it on
© PicYourMoment 2018
- From now on you'll get a notification in the app when a new version of the app is available in the App Store.
- Bug fixes and stability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Love the idea, but the app can improve
I love the idea of this app, and I use it everyday! There are some flaws, though. I wish there were a way to click on a photo and scroll through all of them. Also, I dislike the whole counting down thing when you take a photo and it takes it itself. I think after the animation, it should go automatically to a camera, but you can click a button when you want to take it. Additionally, I recommend adding different filters and ways of editing the photo. I absolutely love the idea, though!
i am very disappointed in this app. i took a photo everyday but when a year went by, it wouldn’t show the photo. i was expecting it to show you the picture that you took one year ago that day. also, you have to wait until a specific time to take the picture. when it’s finally ready to take the picture, it’s night. i really wish you could start to take the picture earlier. don’t waste your time on this app.
Developer Response ,
Sorry to hear that.
The concept of the PYM-app is 'one photo at a random moment every day.'
The daily notification you receive to take that photo should pop-up somewhere between 08:00 and 21:00.
You mention that you only get this notification at night so that is odd.
Could you send us a supportmail from within the app (Menu->’Feedback and support''), with that we have all the relevant info.
You can see the info you share in your mail. It shows Type of phone, OS version, Appversion and anonymous device id.
love this but I request a fix
I love love love this app I downloaded it January 1st 2015 and I've done my best to take a picture every day and around may or June 2015 I decided i would use the comment section to journal my day and sometimes a lot goes on in my day and it would take up a lot of room and so I would be able to scroll and read ALL of what I wrote but I noticed after keeping up with the updates that I can't do that anymore when I click to read old captions it just cuts off what I wrote at the beginning so I know it's like a needle in a haystack to fix this one small request when most people don't even use the caption area but I would appreciate it so I can look back on old memories and reflect my past because that IS what the app is about after all:) thank you!! -regards j
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.