Coloring has been shown to reduce stress and anxiety. Just 5-10 minutes of coloring can provide the same benefits as meditation, and help you practice mindfulness, live in the moment, enhance concentration, and encourage your creative side.
So take a break and relax with Pigment, the ultimate coloring app, with the most pages to choose from including exclusive Disney content. You can choose to "tap and fill," or immerse yourself in Pigment's unique coloring experience that lets you color like you would on paper, with 24 different pencils, markers and brushes. Get creative with the watercolor and pastel tools, use markers, colored pencils, and even oil paint!
Pigment also gives you an unlimited number of colors using the color wheel and innovative shade control slider. You can also create and save your own custom color palettes or choose from the curated ones provided.
You can import your own images, draw and paint right in the app, or choose from the large collection of professionally-drawn illustrations including flowers, mermaids, people, animals, landscapes, mandalas, and so much more!
For the more advanced colorists, you can choose from Freehand, Automatic, or Advanced mode, giving you even greater control.
Want to share your creations with friends and family? You can save your finished pages, share them to social media, email or text them, and even print them out right from Pigment!
* The largest artwork collection available in an app with over 4,000 professionally illustrated pages including exclusive Disney content to color. New pages added daily!
* Pigment is the only coloring book app that simulates pencil, markers, and paintbrush strokes for a realistic coloring experience.
* 24 kinds of coloring tools — including Colored Pencil, Marker, Paint Brush, Glitter, Pastel, Sand, Airbrush, Watercolor, Wood Grain, Blender, Circle Brush, Plasma, Splatter, Oil, Metallic Fill, Pattern Fill, Fade, Bloom and more!
* Pigment offers "tap-to-fill" and traditional coloring modes.
* Unlimited number of colors using the color wheel, innovative shade control slider, and professionally curated palettes. Create and save your own custom color palettes!
* Subscribe to Premium Access for unlimited access to the entire library, premium brushes, and exclusive color palettes.
* Get inspiration from the Pigment Gallery, where you can share your own work, and see pages colored by other users.
* Share your finished coloring pages by email, text, Facebook, Instagram, other social networks and in the Pigment Gallery.
* AirPrint your finished coloring pages.
* Fully supports finger, Apple Pencil, and third-party stylus inputs.
* Adjust pressure, direction, and size of stroke using the Apple Pencil.
Some screenshots feature work by Cindy Primeau, Elaine Durham and Angela Zeman.
You can get Premium Access for free for 7-days with a free trial. After the free trial you will be automatically renewed to the weekly subscription which you can cancel at any time. The paid subscription costs $4.99 USD per week for the weekly plan, $9.99 USD per month for the monthly plan, and $59.99 USD per year (58% discount off the monthly plan) for the yearly plan. Prices are subject to change. Premium Access automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. You may manage Premium Access subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when you purchase a Premium Access subscription.
This version of Pigment includes three fun new brushes, a more dynamic home page, and interface and performance enhancements.
- Three new brushes have been added to our brush collection! Subscribers now have access to the “Technical Pen,” “Laser,” and “Halftone” brushes.
- Brushes work beautifully with Apple Pencil and Apple Pencil 2.
- The Home Page includes new ways to view and interact with content, including Featured Work, Editors' Picks, and Artist Interviews.
- You can now easily swipe back and forth when viewing projects, posts and pages in full-screen mode.
- Brush Transparency and Size adjustments are now easier to control.
- Improved application and page loading times.
- Additional bug fixes and performance enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
Love this app!
This is a great app for anyone old or young! I think this is one of the best apps I've found. I like that you can actually color instead of just point and click. You can choose to do automatic where you don't have to worry about going outside lines. This is great for when you are in the car or you can do free hand and it's just like coloring on paper. There is a cost if you want to have access to all the colors and types of ink/styles, but I think it is worth it. It gives me the satisfaction of coloring/relaxing yet lets me save a ton of money on all the gel pens and colored pencils I go through. It's also mu.) better on my eyes because you can enlarge and turn to whatever angle you want. I had gotten so that I needed to wear reading glasses because some of these coloring books have such small detail. Lastly the best part is that I can upload pics from my favorite coloring books and do them over and over again. Plus if I make a mistake or choose a color that I don't care for I can just erase. If you like to color as much as I do, You have got to get this app. Especially if you have the IPad Pro and pencil... it's a dream. The only thing I wish were different would be the glitter option. I love to use glitter pens IRL so I wish this. Would sparkle and stand out more, but I still like to use it. Hope this helps anyone considering paying for this app.
Best Coloring App
No contest, hands down, the best coloring app out there if you want a real coloring book experience without hauling your coloring books and tools around with you. I’ve tried a bunch. Tap and color isn’t coloring - for me, anyway. It’s cool for my 3 year old granddaughter so it’s nice to have that option, but Pigment really makes use of the apple pencil, it feel like coloring. I debated for months whether to purchase this app for the year. I went through the 7 stages and was hung up on anger for quite some time. The free version actually does give you a lot to do - all you need really if you are just using it for stress relief or to pass timed. I LOVE being able to import my granddaughters coloring book pages. That way, we can take the best of them with us! You are limited to the number of images you can import with the free version so that finally pushed me over the edge. I understand those who think this is a high cost app - I’d never pay 10/mo. But 5? I talked myself into it. Honestly, for how much you get with the premium, I don't regret paying. I’ve paid much more for much less. I use this app every day and now I can use any coloring page I want, use any coloring medium, import to my heart’s content and even create my own color palettes. Super in my book - both free and premium.
Incredible and worth every penny!
This app gets my first review out of the hundreds I have downloaded over the past 10 years. I recently upgraded my iPad Air 2 to the new Pro 10.5 and after some easy convincing to myself, purchased the Apple Pencil, (After not having success with Wacom and Adonit pens). Please note that I sampled the majority of coloring books in the App Store and none come close to Pigment. I am not an artist by a long shot and lack the practice and skill to draw/sketch freehand. I was intimidated at first being new to coloring apps but quickly caught on to the well designed interface, different brushes/fills/colors and basic controls. On my 2nd day, I was creating the most amazing drawings and already posting to their gallery. I’m not sure the experience on older IPad models and different stylus but my current setup is near flawless, has no lag and is precise. I am in love with this app and not only is it satisfying to bring a drawing to life, but also provides me with a therapeutic comfort at the end of the day.
For those complaining about the price, it’s worth packing a lunch to work a few times a month, (or whatever method you chose), to offset the cost. That’s what I’m doing! I’m so happy with this app and know that it will offer me a sense of satisfaction for a long time to come.
- Pixite Inc.
- 183.5 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Pixite LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Access $2.99
- Premium Access $3.99
- Premium Access $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.