Pill Reminder is an easy-to-use and reliable app that helps you remember to take your medications at the right time. It allows you to create any type of recurring reminders (every X hours, specific times, daily, weekly, monthly, every X days, etc). It tracks the remaining quantity of each medication and shows a refill alert when running low.
It has everything you need:
• Reschedule Medications
• Refill Reminders
• PRN (as needed) Medications
• Reminders for Medical Appointments
• Email Reports to your Doctor
• Multiple User Support
By remembering to take all of your medications at the right time, you are taking control of your own health.
• Repeat every X hours (e.g. From 8 AM to 8 PM, every 4 hours)
• Repeat at specific times (e.g. 9:15 AM, 1:30 PM, 8:50 PM)
• Repeat every half hour (e.g. From 10 AM to 2 PM, every 30 minutes)
• Repeat on selected days of the week (e.g. Every week only on Mondays and Fridays)
• Repeat every X days, weeks or months (e.g. Every 3 days, Every 2 weeks)
• Repeat daily for 21 days and then take 7 days off (Birth Control)
• User friendly interface
• If you took your medication early or late, you can reschedule the next doses in that day
• Get alerts to refill your prescriptions before they run out
• Can be used with any medication, supplement, vitamin, or birth control that follows a regular schedule
• Swipe from right to left to mark a medication as "Taken" directly from the lock screen or notification banner
• Ability to add PRN (as needed) medications
• Keep track of the medications you have to take throughout the day
• Pre-Alarms: Be notified prior to the actual time
• Auto-Snooze: Automatically repeat the alarm up to 5 times at regular intervals (e.g. 1 min, 10 mins, 30 mins) until you take action
• Add notes, time and dose taken for reference
• Mark medications as Taken or Not Taken
• Get alerts when medications are about to expire
• Email your medication list or administration history to your doctor
• Add reminders for medical appointments
• Add photos to each medication for easy identification
• Multiple user support. Add medications for yourself, family members, or others you care for
• Ability to search the FDA Drug Database for your medications (Available in the US only)
• Has a calendar to view all reminders by month
• Backup and restore all data on the same device or multiple devices
• 32 built-in alarm sounds
• VoiceOver accessibility support
• Notifications are local, you don't require internet
• App doesn't need to be open to receive notifications
• Universal App, full native support for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
• In the free version, you can add unlimited medications but only 2 reminders
• Full version with unlimited reminders is available as an In-App Purchase
• Added support for the new iPad Pro
Ratings and Reviews
My Family Keeper
Thank you for this app! I have been using it for approximately six months. With aging parents and aging siblings I found myself challenged with assisting them to document and track each persons medication and more. I am NOT in the medical field but found this to be helpful for me and others who find themselves assisting do In-home care by default. I now have the ability to quickly present a list of meds to paramedics, emergency room attendants and to compare or dispute with the doctors when they don’t have a system of their own to list my family members medication or they just screw up and over medicate. Just recently, my sibling was carted off to the ER room by the paramedics. I was able to bring up the app and share with them and the hospital nurse (who does not have their meds list) all meds they were taking. They were impressed with the app as I have been. I am learning other features of the app and wish there was a way to track and restore previous medications (changed by the doctor) for historical purposes. Maybe that feature is there and I just missed it. This will allow more discussion with the physicians on what changed, why and why a med is being repeated. The app has been my saver many times. I will continue to share it with other persons who find themselves interested in tracking medication, appointments,etc. Great application.
Best reminder yet
I have had a handful of prescription reminder over the last 8 or so years. Some failed to work after Apple updated their OS, which is the reason I purchased the full version of this APP. For me, the APP does exactly what I needed and then some. I recently had a full knee replacement so keeping on top of the pain is critical for me. The reminders are outstanding for this and being able to see the daily history is a great help. After using the APP for about a week, it dawned on me that the reminder system would also work for keeping track of my daily exercises. I treat the exercise like medication and I use the instruction box to input the instruction from the Physical Therapist. I use the notes box to track my progress. Since I just stated, I am not sure how many characters are allowed in this boxes.
The only thing that I word like to see in a future release is an automated syncing to all of my devices like I see in other APPs. There is a feature in the APP that accomplishes the same thing, but it is a manual process, which you must remember to do.
I have been using PR for about a week. I love how it displays your medication. Easy to check off when you take the medicine. Easy to add new medicine or edit current ones. Had some trial and error putting in PRN meds but was able to master this quickly. Then medication list function is nice if you want to give a list to your medical provider.
The appointment section is very handy to have it in one app.
I have not used the refill function but I thought it would be handy with a new Rx when you have all of the info on the new bottle.
The “send backup to email” is very handy and easy to use. I use with my iPad and iPhone to update the other device. Just send the email from your iPad to your iPhone or vice versa. Click the attachment in the body of the email and it opens up a choice, just select Pill Reminder and it updates your delinquent device. The app would have received a 5 Star if it had a sync function. I hope that will come later in an update.
The only thing that could use some improvement is Selecting the icon for the pill or tablet. The list is short but guess copyright laws prevent them from giving more details. You can always take a picture of your own pills and use that photo.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Sergio Licea
- 17.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2011-2019 Sergio Licea
- In-App Purchases
- Full Version $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.