Pill Reminder is an easy-to-use and reliable app that helps you remember to take your medications at the right time. It allows you to create any type of recurring reminders (every X hours, specific times, daily, weekly, monthly, every X days, etc). It tracks the remaining quantity of each medication and shows a refill alert when running low.
It has everything you need:
• Mark Medications as Taken or Missed
• Reschedule Medications
• Refill Reminders
• PRN (as needed) Medications
• Reminders for Medical Appointments
• Email Reports to your Doctor
• Multiple User Support
By remembering to take all of your medications at the right time, you are taking control of your own health.
• Repeat every X hours (e.g. From 8 AM to 8 PM, every 4 hours)
• Repeat at specific times (e.g. 9:15 AM, 1:30 PM, 8:50 PM)
• Repeat every half hour (e.g. From 10 AM to 2 PM, every 30 minutes)
• Repeat on selected days of the week (e.g. Every week only on Mondays and Fridays)
• Repeat every X days, weeks or months (e.g. Every 3 days, Every 2 weeks)
• Repeat daily for 21 days and then take 7 days off (Birth Control)
• User friendly interface
• If you took your medication early or late, you can reschedule the next doses in that day
• Get alerts to refill your prescriptions before they run out
• Can be used with any medication, supplement, vitamin, or birth control that follows a regular schedule
• Swipe from right to left to mark a medication as "Taken" directly from the lock screen or notification banner
• Ability to add PRN (as needed) medications
• Keep track of the medications you have to take throughout the day
• Pre-Alarms: Be notified prior to the actual time
• Auto-Snooze: Automatically repeat the alarm up to 5 times at regular intervals (e.g. 1 min, 10 mins, 30 mins) until you take action
• Add notes, time and dose taken for reference
• Mark medications as Taken or Not Taken
• Get alerts when medications are about to expire
• Email your medication list or administration history to your doctor
• Add reminders for medical appointments
• Add photos to each medication for easy identification
• Multiple user support. Add medications for yourself, family members, or others you care for
• Ability to search the FDA Drug Database for your medications (Available in the US only)
• Has a calendar to view all reminders by month
• Backup and restore all data on the same device or multiple devices
• 33 built-in alarm sounds
• VoiceOver accessibility support
• Dark Mode (Available in iOS 13 and later)
• Automatically adjusts to the font size selected on the device
• Notifications are local. No internet connection required
• App doesn't need to be open to receive notifications
• Universal App, full native support for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
• In the free version, you can add unlimited medications but only 2 reminders
• Full version with unlimited reminders is available as an In-App Purchase
• One-Time payment. No monthly or annual fees
• Added support for iOS 17
Ratings and Reviews
This pill reminder app has everything I’ve been looking for in terms of features. I can enter every little detail about how to take my meds because sometimes my doctor gives me different instructions than the ones listed on the label. I also like that I can see the side effects for each medication at a glance rather than having to look them up on the internet all over again if I can’t remember what I found the first time I looked them up. I also like that I can tell the app how many pills I have in total of a particular med and it’ll actually remind me in advance when I need to go buy more so I don’t run out. Finally, my absolute favorite feature is that I’ve can record the meds I’ve taken “as needed” so I can keep track of how many times I’ve had certain symptoms. And best of all, I can “end” a meditation without having to delete it and lose its history! Most other apps out there assume you’ll have to take a medication until the end of time!
Update: I was notified that there was a new replacement app for this and I tried it, even paid for it. Unfortunately I didn’t like it as much as this one. I can see some people liking it though, because they can just enter their meds and go. The new app took away all the detailed information *this* app provides (which is what I like most about it). So I eventually just ended up deleting the other one and coming back to this one.
My Family Keeper
Thank you for this app! I have been using it for approximately six months. With aging parents and aging siblings I found myself challenged with assisting them to document and track each persons medication and more. I am NOT in the medical field but found this to be helpful for me and others who find themselves assisting do In-home care by default. I now have the ability to quickly present a list of meds to paramedics, emergency room attendants and to compare or dispute with the doctors when they don’t have a system of their own to list my family members medication or they just screw up and over medicate. Just recently, my sibling was carted off to the ER room by the paramedics. I was able to bring up the app and share with them and the hospital nurse (who does not have their meds list) all meds they were taking. They were impressed with the app as I have been. I am learning other features of the app and wish there was a way to track and restore previous medications (changed by the doctor) for historical purposes. Maybe that feature is there and I just missed it. This will allow more discussion with the physicians on what changed, why and why a med is being repeated. The app has been my saver many times. I will continue to share it with other persons who find themselves interested in tracking medication, appointments,etc. Great application.
I have reviewed this app before when I first got it. It is now been at least three years that I’ve been using it every day. And it is still absolutely awesome!! Every time I meet somebody, i.e. like in the doctors office or nurses, etc.– I tell them about this for themselves or their patients who have trouble remembering to take meds. I often get a smile when my phone in public reminds me “you’ve got meds to take“. ;)
I agree with one of the other reviewers that it would be great to have a way to remove a medication without removing all of its history. As a workaround until this could be figured out, WHAT I DO is change the name of the medication by putting DISCONTINUED (In front of the name of the medication) and putting it at the bottom of the list. I then take out all reminders and information so it doesn’t show up. Then I use the NOTES section to have a record of why this medication was stopped and any notes about it that a relative for the future.
But it would be nice to have an “archived meds” section for this purpose. This could even be added to the paid for app as an incentive to have people purchase this app. Honestly, I normally never purchased apps and just put up with the commercials. But this app has by far been the best couple dollars I’ve ever spent.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Sergio Licea
- 15.4 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2011-2023 Sergio Licea
- In-App Purchases
- Full Version $1.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.