Sleep trouble? Sleep better with Pillow, your smart sleep assistant. Pillow can analyze your sleep cycles automatically using your Apple Watch, or you can use Pillow without an Apple Watch by placing your iPhone or iPad on the mattress near your pillow.
Use Pillow’s as a smart alarm clock to wake up at the lightest possible sleep stage and start your day refreshed and relaxed. Record important audio events such as snoring, sleep apnea and sleep talking. Explore trends about your sleep and compare your sleep quality with ten Apple Health metrics that affect sleep.
Pillow has been featured multiple times on the press: The New York Times, Forbes, The Guardian, BuzzFeed, The Washington Post, TechCrunch, MacStories and has been rated by many as one of the best sleep tracking app for the Apple Watch and iPhone.
Join the millions that have discovered the life-changing benefits of great sleep!
TRACK YOUR SLEEP AUTOMATICALLY
- Just wear your Apple Watch during sleep. Pillow will automatically detect and analyze your sleep
- View last night’s report right on your Apple Watch, along with the heart rate analysis for the night
- Switch between manual and automatic mode anytime.
SLEEP & HEART RATE ANALYSIS
- View your heart rate graph overlaid on top of your sleep analysis graph and
- Advanced sleep analysis algorithm, based on the latest scientific findings in sleep research.
- Sleep stage diagram (Awake, REM, Light Sleep, Deep Sleep) and sleep session trends.
- Heart rate analysis requires Apple Watch)
COMPARE YOUR SLEEP QUALITY WITH APPLE HEALTH
- Pillow updates Apple Health’s Sleep category automatically
- Compare your sleep quality with many Apple Health categories that affect sleep.
LISTEN TO IMPORTANT AUDIO EVENTS DURING SLEEP
- Records sounds during your sleep
- Play, export or delete any audio recording.
- Smart audio recording algorithm discards noise.
*This feature is not available in automatic sleep tracking mode.
- Personalized experiments & recommendations.
- Regularly updated with the latest scientific research and sleep-related facts.
- Pillow analyzes your sleep cycles and suggests the best time to go to bed.
DETAILED SLEEP HISTORY AND SLEEP TRENDS
- Explore your sleep history with Week, Month, Year and All Time overviews.
BACKUP AND SYNCHRONIZE
- Synchronize and backup your sleep data and audio recordings between your devices.
3 NAP MODES
- Powernap, recovery and full cycle nap
MOOD REPORTING & SLEEP NOTES
- Track your mood when you wake up
- Add your notes to every sleep session and discover how they affect your sleep quality
SLEEP AID MELODIES AND WAKE UP SOUNDS
- Carefully selected wake up sounds
- Select any song from your iTunes library to use as an alarm.
- Sleep aid melodies and soundscapes.
- Unlimited sleep history
- Sleep trends
- Sleep notes
- Heart rate analysis
- Listen to your sound recordings
- 3 napmodes
- Access to all wake-up melodies & sleep aid sounds
- Snooze lab: Personalised sleep tips
- Compare your sleep quality with Apple Health metrics
- Wakeup melodies from your iTunes library
- Runkeeper integration
- Database export in CSV format
Your payment will be charged to your iTunes Account as soon as you confirm your purchase. You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal from your Account Settings after the purchase. Your subscription will renew automatically, unless you turn off auto-renew at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. The cost of renewal will be charged to your account in the 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. When canceling a subscription, your subscription will stay active until the end of the period. Auto-renewal will be disabled, but the current subscription will not be refunded. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when purchasing a subscription.
- Fixed an issue with automatic mode not syncing sessions to Runkeeper
- Fixed an appearance issue with the subscriptions screen that could truncate prices for certain localizations
- Fixed a crash, affecting certain users when starting a sleep session with Siri
Ratings and Reviews
I like the app despite its inaccuracies
I like this app and find that it is helpful with my current goal of trying to get more sleep so I can be more clear and productive every day. I purchased the Premium version because I wanted to hear what noises I could possibly be making at night. The sound recording seems to work only intermittently, despite the fact that the phone is about a foot from my head and the mic sensitivity is on high. It also will sometimes record several notes a minute, for about 10-15 minutes, and those notes end up being empty when I've gone to listen. Also, despite the fact that in my "notes" I put "read" almost every night and "ate late" only once or twice, it says that I ate late about 36% of the time and read 11% of the time - even after I went in and put "read" on almost every night to see if it had an affect - that part of the app does not work. Also, the sleep aid music worked before I paid for the app when I was going to sleep. Now if only works when I'm not using my watch. It does work for naps on my watch, just not when I'm going to bed at night. (I do wonder how it can tell the differences between light, deep and REM sleep.)
Developer Response ,
Hello! Thank you for reaching out. We're really glad you enjoy Pillow. Regarding the audio recordings, please note that Pillow cannot record any audio while a sleep aid is playing either from Pillow or another app and this could explain why sometimes you are not getting any audio recordings. If you believe that's not the case, please contact our support team to investigate further. Also, the percentage value in the sleep notes indicates how much your sleep quality was affected, not the frequency of each note. Regarding the sleep-aid music, it should always play regardless of whether you use the Apple Watch. Can you please contact our support team and let us know more about this issue? Lastly, to learn more about how Pillow's sleep analysis algorithm works, please check an article that we posted about this on our blog on the following link: https://neybox.com/visualising-sleep-in-pillow/ . To contact support: Open Pillow on your iPhone > Tap on the Settings icon > Select 'Helpdesk'.
Love it so far!
I’ve only been using this with my Apple Watch for a couple weeks now so I’m still learning. I can’t remember what I didn’t have before I upgraded but I feel like the free version was quite basic. I’ve never paid for an app upfront and it was pricey but well worth it.
My only issue (although I thing this is my body and terrible sleep patterns rather than the app itself) is that for a few days, the alarm would go off early, while I was in a light sleep mode, and I’d wake up feeling so refreshed. Since then though, it doesn’t go off until the exact alarm time and the analysis shows I’d been in rem sleep for an hour prior to my alarm. So I’m not as refreshed and then just keep hitting snooze. (The snooze times are a whole different issue that I don’t understand but I shouldn’t snooze anyways so that’s on me!)
If I’m in rem cycle during that 30 minute window, obviously my watch vibration won’t go off until the actual alarm time but I would love an option to set a specific time range that it can wake me earlier instead of just 30 minutes. If I could wake up better at 5:15 than I would at 7, I’d be great with waking up much earlier.
This may be an option I just haven’t found yet but if it isn’t, that would be an awesome addition to a future update.
Love this app!
Okay, I’m going to start off by saying that I love the app. It works wonderfully, and the technology seems to be greatly engineered to check when I really am sleeping and when I wake up. The audio recordings are great, they’ve caught me saying some hilarious things in my sleep.
I do have some suggestions. I understand that the feature where you can either shake the phone or hold the button for three seconds are meant to make sure people are really awake and getting up. Well, I happen to be a pretty light sleeper, and I get up very well, and I own the full version of the app but I’ve noticed that there is no option to just tap to disable the alarm. I’d like this feature to be implemented if it’s not too much to ask.
Also, I think it may be cool to have a dream journal added. Like when you wake up, there may be a notepad there for you to begin typing out what you dreamt, and it keeps track of the night you dreamt it and stores it somewhere. There should also be an option to click a button that says, “I don’t remember what I dreamt.” And to go back and begin a journal entry if you didn’t remember it at first but now do/didn’t have the time to type it then.
Thank you for your time!
- Neybox Digital Ltd.
- 263.3 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 11.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Czech, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Neybox Digital
- In-App Purchases
- Pillow Premium $4.99
- Yearly Premium Features $27.99
- Monthly Premium Features $4.49
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.