PilotFAR / AIM is the premier aviation reference app for the iPad and iPhone/iPod Touch. This new release is free to download and preview. If you enjoy the app you can purchase the FAA regulations on a per-update basis, OR as an automatic subscription.
Here's what Aviation Speaker/Trainer Rod Machado has to say about our apps:
"I had a chance to download the PilotFAR/AIM, PilotE6B/WX and PilotPrep apps and have been exploring them. What fantastic apps they are! The FAR/AIM is just too darn easy to use. When I’m looking for information, I need the ability to perform a quick search and the PilotFAR/AIM app makes this incredibly easy to do. Instead of slugging through hundreds of pages of FAR/AIM info, I simply type a word in the search window, and retrieve the info. And I can even email an AIM or FAR excerpt to myself or a fellow CFI. I really like it. "
Check out our plethora of reviews - they’re all from real pilots, students, and instructors who use our products every day. We’re pilots ourselves so we understand the type of products you want and need.
PilotFAR / AIM features:
- Text highlighting. Highlight text in the regulations or AIM that you want to stand out.
- Fully offline access to all included FARs, the AIM, and PCG.
- Full text search. Find the regulations you’re looking for quickly by entering words or search terms.
- Formatted and optimized for the small screen. All topics are specially formatted for the iPhone / iPod Touch screen and include all text and graphics.
- FAR sections and paragraphs are nicely indented for easy reading.
- Customization. Customize the FAR Table of Contents to include only the regulations you need.
- Bookmarks. Bookmark your most frequently accessed entries for easy access. Organize bookmarks into folders if you have a lot.
- Email entries. Are you an instructor? Send your students the FAR or AIM entries they need to brush up on.
- Cross-reference hyperlinks. When a regulation, AIM, or PCG entry references another, just tap to follow the link.
- And much more! We listen to customer feedback and strive to incorporate the features you ask for!
We respond to all support and feedback emails. In fact we encourage feedback and have a feedback feature built right into PilotFAR / AIM! Or email email@example.com.
- Updated with the latest FAR and AIM content!
- Minor user-reported bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Pros and Cons
This app has a nice search engine (when it works) and will find areas of interest with just a few words. The words don't even need to be in order. The problem is that when you search for 10,000 feet - it will see the comma as a separator and search for any passage that contains "10", "000", or "feet"
There is no way to know what's changed in the regulations. When it updates, you get no feedback as to where to locate changes. This means you need to read the entire regulation on a regular basis and try to memorize passages, so you can recongize the changes
The app will try to update in flight. It doesn't check for a connection to the server before suggesting you update.
It asks you if you would recommend the app. I always answer no. If I want to recommend an app, that's my business and not the developers.
My fav FAR/AIM app
The app regularly asks me (once per quarter maybe?) if I want to check for updates. No, it doesn't tell you what's changed, unfortunately, but no app I've used does. However, the bookmarking & highlighting features are the best out there. You can create as many bookmarks as you want, create bookmark folders, and easily organize and rearrange bookmarks. Highlighting is a great feature, but what makes it the best in this app is the ability to easily unhighlight, and it saves your highlights even if the section has updates. Also, the subscription is valid across multiple devices. I use only one subscription for my iPhone, work iPad, and personal iPad. Furthermore, I am paranoid about data loss and appreciate the ability to backup my bookmark & highlighting data to my DropBox. This also allows the ability to transfer bookmarks & highlights between devices. Yes, it's a recurring subscription and not a one-time fee, but it's less than buying a paper copy every year and for me it's totally worth for the extra features.
Best of the FAR/AIMs!
I’ve been using Pilot FAR/AIM (also includes Pilot Controller Glossary) for probably 7 years (or more). I have NEVER had a problem with it. I spend no more than 30 seconds using keywords to find a subject matter I need refreshing, to answer a question I might have, or to settle a FAR/AIM/PCG argument I’m having with a fellow colleague. All pilots believe they’re 100% right on all topics all the time, until proven wrong. So is it wrong to always be happy to to prove I’m right? Thanks for making this app so easy for me to prove I’m a know-it-all!
By the way, our EFBs at work unfortunately have a similar product made by Lawstack...and it’s horrible. Buy this FAR/AIM app instead :)
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- CoDeveloper LLC
- 100.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2019 CoDeveloper
- In-App Purchases
- FAR / AIM $6.99
- FAR / AIM $5.99
- FAR / AIM $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.