Our famous Pilots “Free Flight” Atlas. Founded in 1998 as an App for iPhone and iPad.
Detailed mapping with selectable aeronautical overlays.
Create your charts with the information you choose. Add positions and notes and share with friends and colleagues.
Now increased functionality and global coverage to offer you an enhanced solution with just the right mix of land and sky with custom tailored charts and information.
Create your own map style, many different map layers and different databases (aeronautical / navigation-aids and Points of Interest´s etc.). Insert, store and/ or edit your flight planed route by using ICAO/ IATA-codes, waypoints, VOR´s NDB´s or Lat/ Long. Find positions with a separate Lat/ Long finder.
Insert and save your destination favorites, create trips, waypoints or notes directly on the map. Implement screen shots from your online-map into the offline-map.
- Contour level by color (meter + feet).
- 120,000 Waypoints (three different types)
- 22,000 Airports (three different types)
- 75,000 Nav-aid´s (VOR-DME, NDB, TACAN, VORTAC, ILS-DME)
- 10,000 POI´s ( points of interest)
- FIR Boundaries
- Special Use Airspace areas (SUAs)
- ADS-B GDL90, SBS1 and online
- topographical maps
- Trip planning (by Waypoints, VOR´s, airports, NDB´s, ICAO/ IATA codes or Lat/ Long).
- Share, copy, invert or export your trip, delete/ edit single trip-points or whole trips. The whole triplength is shown and also the distance between single trip-points.
- Show all your trips (or select your specials) in the map by different colors.
- many different charts on board: planning chart, offline OSM maps and online MapBox maps, NASA Satellite today and yesterday and NASA City Lights.
- Airports, Runway length, elevation, ICAO/ IATA, airport-name, city-name, Lat/ Long, frequencies, magnetic variation and much more
- Create range-circles around airports
- METAR + TAF are available by clicking on the airport-icon and you can create/edit your own weather-list (along your trip/route).
- connect an external GPS
- delete and re-download the areas you need whenever you like.
Captains Corner reference stuff:
- Aviation Converter / Calculator: (temp., mass, area, volume, energy, speed power, pressure, length, force..)
- Weather symbols
- VOLMET table
- SNOWTAM decoder (Notam + Metar)
- MEATAR decoder
- Aircraft country table (Capital city, reg.-code, ISO-code, dialing-prefix, time zone)
- ICAO prefix table
- Thumb rules
- Volcano warning
- Aeronautical abbreviations
- Morse codes
- Airport category
- Operating minima
- Operating minima CAT I + II
- Climb rate
- Jet fuel calculator
- Airport directory
- Nav-aid directory
- Waypoint directory
- Points of interest (POI) directory
- TAF decoder
- IATA delay codes
- Dangerous goods
- Military Interception signalling
- Military MEATAR color codes
- ACARS frequencies
- Airline ICAO-codes
- Flag Gallery worldwide
- Wind chill calculator
Additional weather-overlay as an InApp-Subscription: 1-month free trial.
The Weather-Layer is an yearly auto renewing in-App- Subscription for 3.99 USD with 30 days free trial.
Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- Own Airplane rotates when you rotate the map
- Optimized ADS-B
- Bugfix preventing app crashes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Unusable and no support
I have an old paper version that I found useful (I am an Airline pilot) so I decided to give the electronic one a go. I went as far as purchasing one area (14$) to evaluate the product.
Maps don’t download, I went on the website and emailed the Company but, after more than a week, got no reply.
So far it’s a totally negative experience
App freezes all the time
This app is pretty useless as it freezes all the times. You have to close it completely, restart and pray that it will work for a few minutes...
Used to love this app
Used it all the time
With the latest updates
It is almost worthless to me
Sorry but I don’t like anymore
- absolutezero multimedia GmbH
- 646.1 MB
Requires iOS 12.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 absoluteZero multimedia GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- North America $31.99
- Europe $31.99
- Asia $31.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.