Our famous Pilots “Free Flight” Atlas. Founded in 1998 as an App for iPhone and iPad.
Detailed mapping with selectable aeronautical overlays.
Create your charts with the information you choose. Add positions and notes and share with friends and colleagues.
Now increased functionality and global coverage to offer you an enhanced solution with just the right mix of land and sky with custom tailored charts and information.
Create your own map style, many different map layers and different databases (aeronautical / navigation-aids and Points of Interest´s etc.). Insert, store and/ or edit your flight planed route by using ICAO/ IATA-codes, waypoints, VOR´s NDB´s or Lat/ Long. Find positions with a separate Lat/ Long finder.
Insert and save your destination favorites, create trips, waypoints or notes directly on the map. Implement screen shots from your online-map into the offline-map.
- Contour level by color (meter + feet).
- 185,000 Waypoints
- 72,000 Airports
- 75,000 Nav-aid´s (VOR-DME, NDB, TACAN, VORTAC, ILS-DME)
- 10,000 POI´s ( points of interest)
- FIR Boundaries
- Special Use Airspace areas (SUAs)
- ADS-B GDL90, SBS1 and online
- topographical maps
- Trip planning (by Waypoints, VOR´s, airports, NDB´s, ICAO/ IATA codes or Lat/ Long).
- Share, copy, invert or export your trip, delete/ edit single trip-points or whole trips. The whole triplength is shown and also the distance between single trip-points.
- Show all your trips (or select your specials) in the map by different colors.
- many different charts on board: planning chart, offline OSM maps and online MapBox maps, NASA Satellite today and yesterday and NASA City Lights.
- Airports, Runway length, elevation, ICAO/ IATA, airport-name, city-name, Lat/ Long, frequencies, magnetic variation and much more
- Create range-circles around airports
- METAR + TAF are available by clicking on the airport-icon and you can create/edit your own weather-list (along your trip/route).
- connect an external GPS
- delete and re-download the areas you need whenever you like.
Captains Corner reference stuff:
- Aviation Converter / Calculator: (temp., mass, area, volume, energy, speed power, pressure, length, force..)
- Weather symbols
- VOLMET table
- SNOWTAM decoder (Notam + Metar)
- MEATAR decoder
- Aircraft country table (Capital city, reg.-code, ISO-code, dialing-prefix, time zone)
- ICAO prefix table
- Thumb rules
- Volcano warning
- Aeronautical abbreviations
- Morse codes
- Airport category
- Operating minima
- Operating minima CAT I + II
- Climb rate
- Jet fuel calculator
- Airport directory
- Nav-aid directory
- Waypoint directory
- Points of interest (POI) directory
- TAF decoder
- IATA delay codes
- Dangerous goods
- Military Interception signalling
- Military MEATAR color codes
- ACARS frequencies
- Airline ICAO-codes
- Flag Gallery worldwide
- Wind chill calculator
Additional weather-overlay as an InApp-Subscription: 1-month free trial.
The Weather-Layer is an yearly auto renewing in-App- Subscription for 3.99 USD with 30 days free trial.
Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
This is a maintenance release.
Find some minor database updates and a rarely hit bugfix.
Ratings and Reviews
Metric elevations and few mountains. Bummer.
There are few landmark mountains listed and those that are are in meters. Other than that the rivers and roads are labeled nicely and there are nice shortcut math features and calculators. Standard elevations and more landmarks would be nice in offline map.
Unusable and no support
I have an old paper version that I found useful (I am an Airline pilot) so I decided to give the electronic one a go. I went as far as purchasing one area (14$) to evaluate the product.
Maps don’t download, I went on the website and emailed the Company but, after more than a week, got no reply.
So far it’s a totally negative experience
App freezes all the time
This app is pretty useless as it freezes all the times. You have to close it completely, restart and pray that it will work for a few minutes...
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- absolutezero multimedia GmbH
- 674.7 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.1.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © (c) absoluteZero multimedia GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- Weather Layer $6.49
- Monthly World Subscription $3.99
- Yearly World Subscription $44.99
- North America $20.99
- One Area Subscription $12.99
- Whole World $49.99
- Two Areas Subscription $22.99
- Asia $20.99
- Upgrade from two area to world $32.99
- Europe $20.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.