Do you want to know the distance to the South Pole? Do you want to plan your next trip and do you want to know and save which places you want to visit and how much distance lies in between them? Or are you rather interested in the distance between two cities? Then you are on the absolute right track with this app.
PinPoints enables you to measure quickly and easily the distance between two randomly picked points. You can calculate the distance beeline as well as for your car route. This app is the perfect navigation support, which can be from great benefit for the private and the corporate use.
▸ Choose between four location determinations
▹Choose on the map
▸Selection of any number of points
▸Navigation between 2 points
▸Naming of trips
▸Your trip history
▸Visualization of beeline/car route
▸Data in Miles or KM, as needed
▸Easy to use
▸Simple and lucid menu
Selection of any number of points
It doesn't matter how many points you choose, PinPoints calculates every single route between them. At any point you can go back and alter the calculated route.
Multiple location determination
You can choose between three different location determinations: your current location, a random spot on the map, or by choosing an address.
History of your trips
After you have planned and calculated your route you can find it under history and administer or name it there. Beyond that you can change the order of your trips in your History and erase the ones you no longer need.
Naming of trips
You can name your routes/trips and administer them as you wish.
Visualizes beeline or car route on the map
If you choose the desired locations the beeline or car route will be shown immediately.
Data shown in KM or Miles
The measurement can - according to need and location - be shown in Kilometer or Miles.
Simple and lucid menu
It cannot be easier: just a few clicks are between the user and the desired route, which will be shown immediately on the map.
If you have any suggestions, remarks or occurring errors, please send me an email. You will find the address in the app. Thank you!
Please also consider rating the app in the App Store if you like "PinPoints!" You can rate "PinPoints" every time there is a new update. This helps us a lot!
- Add option to create new trip from recent trips view
- Route selection will be saved for trip
- Tutorial can be open again from the setting menu
- Add new point from contact
- Fix Language Bug
- Fix duplicate History Entries Bug after re-editing
Do you always want to be at the latest state of development? Then become a beta tester. Simply send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will invite you to be a part of our beta program. You will be a part of the team and help us to continue to improve the app.
Ratings and Reviews
Very Good app
Its a nice app. I use it to have record of distance and the time it take to reach the destination. You can keep a favorite list to make the trip when you need it. The maps seen to be outdated but you still can pin point the location with the help of other resent map like google.
Problem right from the start
This app looked very worthwhile (although I guess I could do the same thing with one of the GPS apps I have). However....when I put in my location and another whose distance and best route I know very well, pinpoints routed me on a longer route (29 miles instead of 22) that would take me more time.
Thinking that was a blip, I tried it again a half dozen times and it only gave me the best route three times. I KNOW these routes, but if I didn’t know one and entered it in this app, it’s 50-50 that I would be driving more than I needed to.
I won’t comment on the rest of the app except to agree that there MUST be a Help and/or FAQ page. And the how-to video needs to be slowed down a LOT. I hope the next update will include greatly improved routing. I’d like this program to work.
OK but needs work
Does a fairly good job of calculating distances, but needs work.
1) Distances shown in miles have shorter distances shown in meters, not feet.
2) Once a pin is set, it can't be moved. You can put a pin down and move it around, but once you tap the + to set it, you can't move it. You can't even see it (#3).
3) You can't see your pins on the map. Set your start, add a pin, then go to add another pin and the previous pins are hidden.
4) Once you set a pin, when you go to set the next pin the view zooms out to the North American continent, so you have to pinch/zoom in several times to get back to where you can see the next point for your pin. This isn't a problem if you are calculating distances between cities in the US, for example, but a real pain if you are trying to find the distance of a local hike or on another continent.
If you can live with these shortocmings, it will do the job.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.