Re-discover India with Pinakin.
Incredible India? Yes. Why? You will know more with our audio guided tours.
India is a country with over 5000 years of history, and with places and buildings that are over thousands of years old. What’s the point in just going around the place, staring at sculptures and buildings without knowing the background? The highly evolved forms of art and architecture, the social structure, the culture, and traditions, are very tightly interwoven in the Indian fabric of life, and all of this we have beautifully woven as stories in our audio guided tours.
At this time, we are focused on providing audio guided tours for 2 south Indian states; Tamil Nadu and Karnataka.
Pinakin is an Audio guide for every Indian and every foreign tourist visiting South India. We are sure, once you use our app, your ‘photographic memories’ will become ‘information memories’ that stays with you for a lifetime, with stories to tell your friends and family on what you know about Incredible India!
What’s in it?
• Audio content designed to keep you engaged for 1.5 hours to 2 hours.
• There are interesting stories, some amazing facts, interesting trivia
• Information about the place, the history, ticket prices, parking details, dress code etc
The first in India to provide an audio guide with local Indian languages.
Language is a very key part in India and knowing about your local place in your language is the best way to look at things.
Our current version is designed to work OFFLINE mode. Once downloaded, you don’t have to worry about network and connectivity.
This mode is useful for foreigners who visit India as they can download this at home before they travel and not have to worry about international roaming or WiFi availability at hotels.
Information about the places like timing, ticket prices, dress ethics, restaurants etc helps you plan your trip better.
What we have also given is the History, Legend and some details about the places as well for those who want to read a bit more before reaching the place.
Well researched and curated. The format of content delivery is designed in a way to connect with a teenager as well as senior citizens.
Every effort as been made to give information in a way that every visitor using our app will have a memorable trip.
In this version of Pinakin, we've improved the performance and fixed some bugs. The better performance will be noticeable.
Please give us feedback to help us improve. If you face any issues, please shake your device and tap "Send”.
Or send mail to email@example.com.
Ratings and Reviews
Limited content, basic UI
The app has very limited content currently.
The user interface is very basic that behaves in unexpected ways: tapping an item on the list downloads the studio. I was expecting it to go to an information page on the place. There is a download icon. I would expect that only tapping that would download the audio.
If you cancel a download, it downloads it anyway.
Hopefully they have a plan to make the list searchable or position the list by geographic area, otherwise a single list of all venues will be unable.
The sign in process is also not user friendly. It wants to send an OTP to your email or phone. That didn't work initially, either one. If you tap to resend the OTP, it goes back and asks you to enter your phone number (or email again). It should verify the info and not make you enter it again unless you say it is incorrect.
I question the need for an OTP. This isn't a banking app. There should be other ways to secure your server that doesn't inconvenience your users.
Interesting concept that needs a better user interface.
Developer Response ,
Firstly, thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate you taking time out and giving us valuable feedback. We have taken some of your comments for our improving the user experience.
A few quick points.
1) Yes. The UI was basic as it was our initial attempt. Now, we have upgraded the UI and have released a new version. Please update your app and let us know your feedback on this version.
2) The 'info & history' pages can now be accessed without downloading.
3) Cancel download is something that is still not active yet and we will put this in our new release in the next few weeks.
4) We have a new feature called "nearby" that helps in giving you any nearby places that we have covered. Please do remember, this will work only when you are in India as the range we have given is 50Km radius.
5) OTP - Our new version allows FB, G+ and email address verification as well.
6) Limited content - As of now, our focus is on 2 states in India. TamilNadu and Karnataka. We intend to cover these fully, before moving on to other states. Our research shows that tourists rarely do entire India. Hence a focus on just south India for now. We are actively developing another 22 sites and these will all be active in the next 3 to 5 months. Our goal is to give high quality content that will make your visit memorable. A content that will make you re-discover India .. the incredible India.
This new UI has been designed to allow video inputs as well. Our first task was to migrate our current users to new platform. Now we are working on getting more new features implemented.
Thanks again for taking time out and giving us the feedback. We request you to update the app and have a look.
Unable to obtain one time password and login
Unregistered use of this app should be allowed until the developer fixes OTP SMS delivery. As a tourist from the US I am amazed at the many missed opportunities to improve tourism infrastructure, services, and e-services. I’ll just add this one to the list of things I cannot use despite having a local phone number iPhone 10.
Next time, just charge a few bucks/ rupees and let people pay for the service without registration.
- Aseuro Technologies Private Limited
- 37.7 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Aseuro Technologies Private Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Pinakin Prime Plan $10.99
- Single Download $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.