This unique table features pinball bumpers and targets, plus a color monitor where you can take on a variety of old-school digital minigame challenges - an endless space scroller, plus car racing, missile defense, a block breaker, and more at incrementing skill levels.
- Listed by Apple in "Best 10 iPad Apps in 2010"
- Apple Design Awards 2010 winner
- 1st place in US top paid apps during the first sales day
"I really can't see pinball on the iPad getting much better than this."
-- David Winograd, TUAW.com
"The experience of holding a pinball table in your hand is great, and with three amazing tables included, you'll have hours of entertainment lined up."
-- Tim Rattray, SlideToPlay.com
"With three tables, reliable physics and controls, and gorgeous graphics, it is a pleasure to recommend."
-- Levi Buchanan, IGN.com
ABOUT THE GAME
Pinball HD Collection - This game will change your idea of Pinball on the iPad. Each table - Wild West, The Deep, Jungle Style, AC/DC, Slayer, Snow, Da Vinci, Missing In Action, Navy Seals and Platoon - are masterpieces. You'll be stunned with the level of realism. This is a REAL Pinball simulator with stunning 3D graphics both with or without 3D glasses.
• Landscape mode - "full table" view
• Portrait mode - "flying-table" view
• In portrait mode slide up or down your both thumbs to toggle camera view from "flying-table" to "full table".
• 10 pinball tables with unique graphics, instructions, missions system, locations and characters
• Landscape mode shows a full table view. The games can be played in either landscape orientation with the button to the left or right of the screen.
• Portrait mode gives you a flying-table view with the camera panning and zooming over the action. This can only be played when holding the iPad with the button on the bottom. If you activate the screen orientation switch, the game only plays in portrait mode.
• A wonderful 3D engine that does true justice to the graphic capabilities of the iPad.
• Realistic physics.
• Built in help for each table. Tap the circled "I" at the bottom right of each table to get a display detailing instructions and descriptions of the features of each table. Make sure to swipe left and right when viewing since the instructions don't fit on one screen.
• Local and global high scores. Swiping right brings up a table of local high scores and further tapping brings up high scores from copies sold throughout
the world. At the end of each game you are prompted to enter your name and have your score included.
• Unique soundtrack with atmospheric music, sound effects and voices.
• Camera tilt brings dimensionality to the games offering a simulated 3D effect where the image changes depending upon how you tilt the iPad. Camera tilt only works in landscape mode.
• Stereoscopic imaging option (requires anaglyph eyeglasses). You can choose between red-cyan, green-magenta or yellow-blue lenses.
HOW TO PLAY
Tapping on a game's fly-over screen shows/hides main menu. Tap on Play button to start game on current table.
Controls in game:
• Tap ANYWHERE on the left side of screen to control the left flipper and ANYWHERE on the right side to control the right flipper.
• Shake your iPad to realistically nudge the pinball table, but not too much or you'll tilt.
• Tap on the "electronic caption" at the top of the screen to pause or resume your game.
Follow us on:
• Twitter - http://twitter.com/Gameprom
• Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/Gameprom
• YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/GamepromCompany
• News blog - http://gameprom.com/blog/
• Company site - http://gameprom.com
– Added On-Demand resources support.
– Updated guide of the Vikings Pinball.
– Other minor fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I would give 5 stars but...
I love pinball, I really do. I've bought 4 tables already and this is so much fun. I have one problem though. I've had to re-download this once already because Platoon and Da Vinci totally glitched out. Platoon one day told me I had to download it again so I tried 17 times but the bar wouldn't even fill up. Then Da Vinci pinball went haywire and just kept clicking all the bumpers and targets on and off at once and the ball wouldn't load. Please fix these problems.
Good game with problems
I really like this game. The gameplay is solid and realistic, while maintaining a level of fun. The board looks good and in general, this is a good pinball game. My problems start with board selection. You only have one board, and have to pay to unlock them. I’d be fine with that, BUT, it’s $30 to unlock all the boards. I’m not paying that. Another one of my complaints are the ads. If you don’t turn off WIFI or Data, you get ads randomly. This would be fine if it was after the game was over, or even in between balls. The Ads pop up while the ball is in play. Then when the ad closes, there is no countdown like there is when you pause the game. You pop back in and it makes it hard to play when spontaneously interrupted. My final complaint is at the end of the game. Every time you play, it asked you to type in a name for your scoreboard. That would be a good feature if it was only when you got a high score, but it’s not. It’s every single game. And if you aren’t on game centre, it’s only your name on the board.
In conclusion, this game is good, but needs some tweaks.
Red planet = fail
I've had this game for quite a while and purchased all the tables, but RedPlanet is the worst alpha version of a game I've played. It randomly freezes, loses balls on the feed at the top and last time, took six restarts of the table to get it work. It's unfortunate to spend money on someone else's bug trials, but I really feel like this is the case. The Tanks table is a rehash of the Navy Seals tables -- don't bother. The pitch on the Pirates table is so high that, like on the Halloween table, if you don't save the ball when it's headed to the chute, there's almost no chance of a table bump to save it. A few tables are great, but I've played the game long enough to give a pretty accurate account.
Update, two years later. Bug still not fixed. Developer? No, they don't answer support emails. They'll take your money, though. Honestly, if I hadn't already paid for it all, I would look elsewhere. This table still isn't fixed. The Mafia table has similar issues where it locks up. It's all flash for your cash. Don't bother.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.