Pins translates Pinboard's no-frills, minimalistic, yet fast experience to your Mac. Get the most out of your bookmarks, with a quick, modern and comprehensive app.
+ Access all your bookmarks, with instant search, and filter by tag, sharing status, read status and more.
+ Keyboard shortcuts make it easy to find what you need without reaching out for your mouse.
+ Rename and delete Tags: just right-click any tag in the sidebar.
+ Read and edit all your notes.
+ View bookmarks in a text-optimized readability mode for a comfortable reading experience.
Need to access your bookmarks on the move? Pins is also available for your iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch!
This is a big update. Thanks for all your feedback and suggestions!
- New look! It is now much easier to access all your tags, and navigate between your unread, private and public bookmarks. And, of course, here's the obligatory new icon announcement :)
- Keyboard shortcuts make it much easier to find what you’re looking for, without having to reach out for your mouse.
- Search: you can now search by title, tag, description or URL.
- Rename and delete tags: just right-click on any tag in the sidebar.
- New fonts. You’ll love reading your articles in the text-optimised readability view.
- Performance improvements and bug fixes. (You didn’t expect release notes without these, did you?)
Ratings and Reviews
I like it
I like the minimalist approach. No distractions. No sharing on Facebook or distractions.It’s simple no frills. I love it so far. I haven’t had any issues with syncing. Changes I make in this app are made to my pinboard bookmars (on the website) almost immediately.
One thing I really dislike is that there’s no obvious way to exit fullscreen. As long as you don’t do that, you’re golden.
Functional and useful
I’m surprised this app doesn’t get more reviews. It’s a fairly fast and responsive application that provides easy access to pinboard bookmarks. I like the minimalist design and the well-executed set of basic tasks. The most important for me was to have quick access to filtering my bookmarks with my existing tags, which the app does delightfully. I hope the developer continues improving this quite useful app.
Does not sync properly
The synchronization feature in this app does not work. I removed some bookmarks using the web application and the same bookmarks still appear in the app. Not good...
The developer, Arvindh Sukumar, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Arvindh Sukumar
- 3.3 MB
- Requires macOS 10.9 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2014, Arvindh Sukumar
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.