Pip 3 gives you blazingly fast, true random dice rolls, for role-playing games like D&D® or Fate™, and tabletop games like the Yahtzee® dice game.
It features an intuitive interface that gets out of the way, and lets you roll, touch, and organize your dice with ease, plus improved startup times, unobtrusive sound effects, and better energy efficiency, so you can use the app longer than ever.
INTERACTING WITH DICE
- Shake the device or double-tap any empty space in the page to roll.
- Tap a die to lock it, tap it again to unlock it. Locked dice will not roll. Tap any empty space to unlock them all.
- Move dice around with your finger or fling them against each other.
- Tilt your device right or left to slide dice on the page.
ADDING AND DELETING DICE
- Slide the tab on the right side of the screen to access a tray with different types of dice, including classic role-playing and Fate/Fudge Dice™. Drag them out of the tray to add them to the page. You can have any combination of up to 20 dice on a page.
- While the tray is open, choose from a selection of eight vibrant colors on the left side of the screen.
- To delete dice from the page drag them back into the open tray.
- Close the tray by sliding the tab back towards the right.
GROUPING DICE INTO PAGES
- Create up to 20 pages to save different dice combinations on each one of them. To create a new page, with the tray closed slide left from an empty space on the last page.
- Move between pages by sliding right or left from any empty space while the tray is closed.
- Delete a page by deleting all the dice on it, and then moving to a different page.
- Pip doesn't feature dice formulas, logs, or automatic dice roll result calculations.
- Pip is not a game on its own! It is a physics-based dice simulation for games you already own.
* DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS® and D&D® are trademarks of Wizards of the Coast LLC, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., in the United States and other countries. PIP is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Wizards of the Coast LLC.
** YAHTZEE® is a trademark of Hasbro, Inc. in the United States and other countries. PIP is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Hasbro.
*** FATE™ and FATE DICE™ are trademarks of Evil Hat Productions LLC, in the United States and other countries. PIP is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Evil Hat Productions, LLC.
3.0.1 is the Slimmer, Cat-Proof Update:
- Fixed a crash found by Holden the Cat, happening when furiously trying to add more d10s after the page is already full.
- Fixed a crash found by Pip's Old Guard, happening by the rust of Pip 2.0 still on their devices.
- Pip 3.0.1 is between 16% and 40% the size of version 3.0, depending on your device.
- Locked state of dice is now saved when you exit the app.
- Fixed shadows not showing up correctly in older devices.
- Fixed tray sensitivity, causing it to sometimes not opening but still making the sound as if it did.
- Fixed an issue that would make dice go under the tray when opening app.
- When device enters Low Power mode, Pip renders at 30 frames per second instead of 60 to save battery.
- Walls are now sloped in so dice are never rendered outside the screen.
- Dice are thrown with a more random strength when double tapping.
- Rendering reflections faster.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
If you roll dice, you need this app
Now, nothing's going to replace the feel of real dice in your hand, but this is damned close and a lot more convenient. As a GM, I can set a screen of dice for each monster before we start, then never mix up which ones I'm using.
As a player, having a set for your favorite weapon combinations and spells is just as nice. One screen for full attacks, one for when you're enlarged, and so on. And it means you can play on the comfy chair away from the table. Just sayin'
Our only complaint? My wife and I don't have an excuse to spend $20 on dice every year at GenCon anymore. Our decade-long dice addiction slain by a single app. It's honestly a little sad, but we're dealing with it.
Simple and Functional
So I have had this for many of years he was great at the beginning because he gave me exactly what I needed and after wow so many updates later it wasn’t as functional I had never really had a complaint about anything but just something I felt that I had to complain about because I really like this app so I emailed them and I finally got an email today saying hey it works now so here I am re-writing a review if I did one from the beginning I will say if I were to nit pick I would say a lot more customization would be great but for sure a must get
Handsdown the BEST dice app!!!
Wow! If you are looking for a complete, authentic and easy to use dice app don't look any further. I would never have expected to get this excited about a dice app. I already had a free one that was pretty good but it didn't have a variety of dice. So I downloaded this one just to have the full spectrum of gamimg dice. And I am Wowed. No way to explain it so just buy it! Thank you for such a GREAT app!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.