Join forces with Pirate Jack. He needs your help to solve eight problems and find the hidden treasure. Use the map to work your way through the obstacles one by one and in the right order. Apply your maths and literacy skills to make sure you collect the correct item before tackling the next obstacle. For example, you’ll need to order a set of words from coldest to hottest to find a lantern before you can explore a dark cave. Use different strategies to solve the clues, and you’ll find the booty.
Key learning objectives:
- Students analyse problems by using a range of strategies, including interpreting clues, intuition, and trial and error.
- Students solve problems by using literacy and numeracy skills.
- Provides opportunities for students to solve problems using their literacy and numeracy skills within the context of a pirate treasure map.
- Encourages the use of trial and error to discover the correct sequence of problem solving.
- Includes a variety of problem types which focus on, for example, spelling, shapes, visual cues, word knowledge, addition of numbers and time.
Bugfix: Button over copyright message removed.
Ratings and Reviews
OK but could be better!
I have played this game three times and I see NO DIFFERENCE in the game at all. is there a way to get to the eight other levels? All the challenges are the same. Great ideas for the puzzles but they didn't change & there was no menu or levels. I don't see how there are eight challenges.
Fun and Engaging App
Great app to work on listening skills and following directions. Engaging and well designed. My K-2 language impaired students love this app. It would be great if you would either come up with a sequel or additional activities with the original. The kids want more.
My 7 yr old son loved this game! But, it is too short lived, it really needs more levels and variety!
- Education Services Australia Ltd.
- 34.5 MB
Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- © Education Services Australia 2010 (except where otherwise indicated).
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.