Welcome to Pitch Cast!
Coaches and players at every level of baseball and softball track pitches in bullpens and games. This practice is valuable for tracking progress and identifying both strong and weak points, but why do we track on paper?
Forget paper. Leave your pencil, and calculator at home. Get more complete stats and progress markers faster and more accurately with Pitch Cast! The more you know about your tendencies, the better prepared you'll be in a game.
Track your games and bullpens with Pitch Cast. Just select a pitch type, place it in the strike zone, finalize with a couple of options, and repeat. When you're finished, you'll be able to see all kinds of stats.
- Continue recording bullpens where you left off!
- Pitch Frequency, Strike Percentage, and Hit Spot Percentage for each pitch type
- Pitch List, Zone Chart, and Session Notes
- Pitch Count Warning
Games ($10 one-time payment, unlimited games for any pitcher)
- Detailed Game Tracking interface, including batter substitutions, in game stats, and at bat reviews and pitch list for each batter
- Detailed Pitcher Totals and interactive graphs to track progress over the season
- First Pitch Strike Percentage, Strike Percentage, and Hit Spot Percentage for each pitch type
- Pitch Count Warning
- Pitch Frequency, Innings Pitched, Pitchers per Inning Pitched, Batters Faced, Pitches Per Batter Faced, Walks, Strikeouts, Balls in Play, Hits, WHIP, BABIL
- Hit Spray Chart, Zone Chart, Pitch List, Session Notes, and Hit Heat Maps
- See statistical breakdowns per pitch by batter's count
- Review individual at bats (with zone chart, results, and pitch list) to prepare to face them again, and filter the at bats list to get a general breakdown of the game
- Share sessions and games instantly via email and in-app
- Unlimited Teams, Pitchers, and Games
Knowledge is power. Play smarter, get better faster.
- Fixed issue causing crashes when viewing old game or bullpen sessions
- Added support for custom pitch types in cumulative stats
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great concept... Needs work
Cannot edit a bullpen when you accidentally hit "finish" (even though it says you can) which is right next to "next" meaning next pitch. Either need to move the "finish" button away from "next" or ask are you sure you want to finish? Would like to see a text stats function rather than strictly email. Otherwise pretty good.
Great tool, needs upgrades
This is absolutely awesome but it needs some work. I cannot continue a session if I accidentally finish and can’t make any edits to pre existing info.
Would be great if the sharing options would allow me to store contact information on each player.
Love the tools it provides, just needs some software updates
Need softball update
I like the app and the way I can record and analyze pitches; however, I don’t have an option to bat more than 9 which I do have for 12u softball. I am unable to look at previous batters information because the program goes back to batter 1 after 9. Definitely a 5 star program if softball accommodations can be made.
- Jan Timpe
- 17.6 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2016 Jan Timpe and Andrew Lamkin
- In-App Purchases
- Pitch Cast Game Mode $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.