PIX11 in New York delivers relevant local, community and national news, including up-to-the minute weather information, breaking news, and alerts throughout the day.
When you open our app, you'll know what's going on right now and what's important to your local area.
We've improved the experience with an intuitive layout and simplified navigation. News, weather and video are just a tap away.
Our favorite feature is the weather section. Not only do we deliver hourly and daily forecasts, we give you the most updated severe weather information in an instant.
• Breaking news alerts and stories
• Live streaming video
• Fast and easy to use
• Hourly and daily weather forecasts from your trusted local weather team
• We are excited to offer a Premium ad-free experience for purchase within the app for $1.99/month or $10.99/year for iPhone and iPad devices only (Apple TV not included). The subscription removes all in-app ads, including pre-roll video. Linked content displayed in a web-view is not included. Thanks for supporting local journalism!
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
We're committed to continually improving our user experience, so please let us know how we're doing by leaving a review in the App Store.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in version 6.30:
• Added ability to pinch and zoom in on images in news stories.
• Additional performance improvements to give you an improved news experience on iOS 13.
• Note: This is an OS upgrade to iOS 13, and this app update only supports iOS 13 and iOS 12.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Similar, but leaves off the “sponsored” posts or maybe locates them somewhere else. Whatever, it’s much better without them every third post.
Best NYC news app
It’s the most thorough and up-to-date of the NYC news apps. Plus, much better grammar! I’ve had no technical issues at all.
Bait and switch
When you click on a headline banner from your home screen about a particular story it takes you to the pix 11 application. They then show you a bunch of advertisements and never show you the headline story you were seeking. That’s BS, a waste of time, I’ve had enough. #DELETE
- E.W. Scripps Company
- 38.1 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © The E.W. Scripps Company
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Subscription - Annual $10.99
- Premium Subscription - Monthly $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.