Pix4Dcapture turns your consumer drone into a professional drone mapping tool. A free companion to Pix4D photogrammetry software, Pix4Dcapture is the perfect tool to automatically capture image data - RGB, multispectral, thermal - for optimal 3D models and maps.
Process post-flight images easily on the cloud or desktop applications, producing georeferenced maps and models that are tailored to many industry needs.
Currently, the app supports and was tested for the following drones:
- Phantom 4 Pro V2
- Phantom 4 Pro
- Phantom 4
- Mavic Air
- Mavic Pro
- Mavic 2 Pro
- Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual (Only RGB Images)
- Inspire 1 (Pro)
- Inspire 2
- Matrice 200, 210, 210 RTK
- Matrice 100
- Matrice 600
- Phantom 3 Professional
- Phantom 3 Advanced
- Phantom 3 Standard
- Anafi with Skycontroller 3
- Anafi Thermal with Skycontroller 3 (RGB + Thermal Images)
- Bebop 2 with Skycontroller 2
- Disco-Pro AG with Skycontroller 2
- Bluegrass with Skycontroller 2
Features and benefits:
• Fully automated drone mapping
• Drone telemetry and camera live feed during the image acquisition
• Different flight plans for different needs
- Polygon Mission for general mapping
- Grid Mission for general mapping
- Double Grid Mission for better 3D model reconstruction
- Circular Mission for point-of-interest 3D model reconstruction
- Free Flight Mission for vertical object mapping with manual flight control
• Flight parameters for each mission - front & side image overlap, camera angle, altitude, GSD, flight speed - can be adjusted based on the requirements of the area.
• Save or duplicate missions to fly the same area of interest several times
• Store the basemap with your flight plan using offline maps
• Change street/satellite basemap provider
• Seamless workflow with Pix4D’s processing software
• Automated image transfer from drone-to-device
• Upload images directly from the device to Pix4D software in the cloud for processing
Post-flight processing & analysis using Pix4D’s software on cloud or desktop:
• Achieve survey-grade results from lightweight and compact cameras to large-frame metric cameras
• Usage of Ground Control Points (GCPs) for improving the relative and absolute accuracy of the model
• Generate and modify
- Point clouds
- Digital elevation models (DSM/DTM)
- Index maps (e.g. NDVI)
- And more
• Measure distances, surfaces, and volumes
Ensure you have the latest firmware installed and the app is up to date.
The app follows the flight plan and does not avoid obstacles automatically.
Pix4D accepts no liability for damage, injuries or legalities from the misuse of this app. Use only in safe environments.
• Fixed issue with DJI drones and missions larger than 99 waypoints where drone would not resume mission from correct location.
• Fixed overlap calculation for DJI Zenmuse X5S
• Updated to latest DJI SDK
• Reduced minimum speed for DJI drones
• Added page for third party acknowledgments in the about section
• Improved support for Zenmuse Z3, Z30 and XT2-Thermal Cameras
• Improved support for DJI M200 Series V2
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great App - Except with M2E
This is a great App and has been exceptional helpful for ease of use with Pix4Dmapper. Unfortunately, Pix4Dcapture does not support the Mavic 2 Enterprise which our department now has a fleet of. We have had to resort to using other Apps and free-flying which has created inconsistent mapping images to import into Pix4Dmapper, which creates problems in and of itself. Please consider adding Mavic 2 Enterprise to the Pix4Dcapture fleet of usable drones. Thank you.
Lack of attention
This app has the ability to be so much more than it currently is if Pix4d would put forth the effort to update and advance it. Only thing that I can think of is, since it’s free and they don’t make money off of it they just do not care! Mavic 2 Pro STILL does not so the live photo preview. Just a black screen. Since one field they market their product to is law enforcement for crash scenes and not all crashes occur during the day, if love to see an option to have the drone pause at each photo for a pre-set amount of seconds or until a preprogrammed function button is press to assist with night captures.
Speaking of the Mavic 2 Pro, how much longer do we have to wait for you guys to fix the EXIF data issues?!?
Solid app, improving quickly, some missing features
Have used this a few times, and is performing well now after some hiccups.
A key tip, buried in the training videos, is to start your DJI drone, launch the DJI app to verify that all is good, then STOP the DJI app completely. This solved all issues with freezes and no images for me.
They seem to be working to add features: the much requested mission pre-planning is now available on IOS. Still missing is multi-battery flights, though the project merge feature in the desktop app helps with this
- Pix4D SA (Pix4D AG) (Pix4D Ltd)
- 147.3 MB
Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE (1st generation), iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPad Air, iPad Air Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11‑inch), iPad Pro (11‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (7th generation), iPad (7th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (11‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (11‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (4th generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (4th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Pix4D
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.