Design your game art on the move with Pixel Art Pro.
If you are a game artist or just want to create some cool animations to share with your friends - this is the app for you.
With the following features you may find you don't even want to use your desktop art package to create your game art - after all it is easier to draw on a touch screen than it is with a mouse!
- Choose the size of your pixel canvas up to 256 pixel square - (Sizes do not have to be square, for example you could have a character which is 96 pixels high and 64 pixels wide).
- Hide/Show grid lines
- Pinch to zoom
- Drag with TWO fingers to Pan
- Choose from a large colour palette or add your own custom colour with the colour picker. Your custom palette will be stored along with your project
- Freehand (pixel plotting)
- Draw Lines
- Draw Circles
- Flood fill
- Cut or copy regions
- Rotate 90% clockwise or anticlockwise
- Flip horizontally or vertically
- Undo/redo on a per layer basis
- Create, move, delete or copy Frames.
- Create, move, delete layers - (long press to rename).
- Hide/Show layers
- Lock/Unlock layers
- Choose your own background colour for preview.
- Playback animations
- Adjust frame rate
- Import existing tile maps via Photos extension.
- Export as a tile map for your game or as an animated gif.
Icons used by the app were obtained from https://icons8.com
Artwork used in the screen shots was obtained from http://opengameart.org/content/fumiko-complete-charset
Many thanks to the artists for the hard work and making it public domain
Fixing the colour editor so that it fits iPhone 5 screen better. Also added some conditional build flags so that it will still work on older 9.0 version of iOS but without local notifications or iMessage support.
Ratings and Reviews
Amazing But needs work
I’ve been using this app for about a month now and I’m OBSESSED. Although, I wish you Could Turn your GIFs into Video. And there is a Glitch when You export PNG files, It deletes the work you Have done, Thanks for reading this, And Can you Add something that Can Maximize the size of the eraser. I usually do the highest setting, And this app Is Breathtaking. Thank you, And have a good Day <3
Developer Response ,
Hi Princesskittykatkit, glad you like it. Sorry to hear about deleting work with png export. I can’t reproduce the problem. But there is one thing in that if you export to animated png format when you look at it in your photo’s app it looks stationary. This is a limitation of the photo’s app, if you select it and send it as a text message or email to yourself you will see it is in fact animated. If you mean it deletes your actual project, I don’t know. Please feel free to contact me on email@example.com to explain in more detail so I can fix it. Regards, Dan
I like this app not a lot like it but we need or I need to be able tint the color of each layer like I need this layer to be more see trough so it’ll look better or mini files you can open
in the middle of painting and take that small part of armor or whatever
and add it to it or reference pictures
but other then that this app is a must
Great for free
This works great for sketching out sprites.
For a simple animation sprite editor; fast and strait forward.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for informing about the iPhone 5 ok button on the on colour picker. I've just updated it so that it has less sliders on the screen at once with a selector to choose between RGB or HSV. I've just submitted the new version 1.6, it should be available soon - Cheers, Dan
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.