Design your game art on the move with Pixel Art Pro.
If you are a game artist or just want to create some cool animations to share with your friends - this is the app for you.
With the following features you may find you don't even want to use your desktop art package to create your game art - after all it is easier to draw on a touch screen than it is with a mouse!
- Choose the size of your pixel canvas up to 256 pixel square - (Sizes do not have to be square, for example you could have a character which is 96 pixels high and 64 pixels wide).
- Hide/Show grid lines
- Pinch to zoom
- Drag with TWO fingers to Pan
- Choose from a large colour palette or add your own custom colour with the colour picker. Your custom palette will be stored along with your project
- Freehand (pixel plotting)
- Draw Lines
- Draw Circles
- Flood fill
- Cut or copy regions
- Rotate 90% clockwise or anticlockwise
- Flip horizontally or vertically
- Undo/redo on a per layer basis
- Create, move, delete or copy Frames.
- Create, move, delete layers - (long press to rename).
- Hide/Show layers
- Lock/Unlock layers
- Choose your own background colour for preview.
- Playback animations
- Adjust frame rate
- Import existing tile maps via Photos extension.
- Export as a tile map for your game or as an animated gif.
Fixed a bug where PixelArtPro folder and files vanished after iOS update by ensuring the iCloud ubiquitous container uses a fully qualified label.
Note if you can’t see previous files on iCloud via Finder, they should still show up when you search, then copy them to the new PixelArtPro folder which will be created when saving a project to iCloud.
Ratings and Reviews
My go-to pixel app…
I’ve tried many pixel art apps on iOS and Mac and this one is the most fun to draw in by far. The interface could use some polish though. A few feature requests: Export at larger sizes and video so I can post on social media. Export to psd with layers, frames intact. Ability to duplicate images in the app without having to export and reimport it. Also this hasn’t been updated in a while. A competing app I used to use is suddenly gone from the App Store. Will this one stick around for a while longer?
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your feedback, all good suggestions. It’s true I’ve not touched it in a while. I have a tendency to build things then move onto something else completely losing interest in past projects without updating or improving things as much as should. Anyway I don’t intend to remove it from sale although sometimes Apple will just boot apps out if they don’t get updated much and they don’t have many downloads. I’m glad you like using it anyway. Unfortunately I’m a one man band, if I had a team I’d kick them into action immediately but I guess I need to kick myself into action instead lol
PNG export doesn't export all frames
I don't know why I haven't found this app before. A few suggestions to make this a hit:
Edit: PNG export doesn't export all frames.
Also, add ability to scale canvas with an option to restrain . If it's 64x64, allow scaling up to at least 2048x2048 while retaining pixel integrity and canvas proportions.
- Onion skinning for the frames
- Export to png files (per frame). I like the tile feature too (transparent backgrounds).
- I'd love to use this for game rev for the Hyperpad IOS app.
Great job with the interface and features.
I currently use Piskel, which doesn't work on. mobile devices. Check that app out for ideas for features.
Issue: eraser doesn't erase correctly. When at 64x64 resolution I can't adjust pixel brush size to erase smaller sections?
Amazing But needs work
I’ve been using this app for about a month now and I’m OBSESSED. Although, I wish you Could Turn your GIFs into Video. And there is a Glitch when You export PNG files, It deletes the work you Have done, Thanks for reading this, And Can you Add something that Can Maximize the size of the eraser. I usually do the highest setting, And this app Is Breathtaking. Thank you, And have a good Day <3
Developer Response ,
Hi Princesskittykatkit, glad you like it. Sorry to hear about deleting work with png export. I can’t reproduce the problem. But there is one thing in that if you export to animated png format when you look at it in your photo’s app it looks stationary. This is a limitation of the photo’s app, if you select it and send it as a text message or email to yourself you will see it is in fact animated. If you mean it deletes your actual project, I don’t know. Please feel free to contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org to explain in more detail so I can fix it. Regards, Dan
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Dan Shepherd
- 12.1 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Daniel Xavier Shepherd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.