Pixel Dungeon is an exciting and extremely popular roguelike. Explore the depths of Pixel Dungeon, collect useful items and fight fierce monsters to find the Amulet of Yendor (surprise!) - the ultimate artefact of this game world!
Are you prepared for this very easy to play yet difficult to master dungeon crawler?
* Charming pixel-art graphics and a simple interface that gets out of your way.
* 25 randomly generated levels with different settings like sewers, abandoned prison, caves, etc... so you will feel that every new game is unique!
* A deceitful dungeon full of dangers! Try to avoid the hidden traps or falling on deadly chasms. Or find as many chests as you can, full of treasures to use or sell!
* A different array of monsters that will try to get a piece of you on every corner, plus some bigger bosses that will try to get an even bigger piece ;)
* Lots of different items to find, buy, sell... including armor, weapons, potions, wands, scrolls...
* Various character classes to suit your style of play, from the strong Warrior or the knowledgeable Mage to the sneaky Rogue and the powerful Huntress. You can specialize your character even further, if you survive long enough ;)
* Enchantments that you'll have to use on your weapons and armor if you want to survive the dungeon's harsh conditions
* You'll use your alchemy knowledge to brew rare potions, improve the dungeon's economy by spending all your coins on the shops and deal with obnoxious NPCs and their demanding quests
* Lots of other surprises, you'll need to check the game to find out!
Everything about Pixel Dungeon:
Temple of the Roguelike forum: http://forums.roguetemple.com/index.php?topic=2826
Official facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pixeldungeon
Developer Blog: http://pixeldungeon.tumblr.com/
Pixel Dungeon Wiki (including things like items and monsters descriptions, tactics and mechanics etc), run by a community: http://pixeldungeon.wikia.com/
You can also follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/watawatabou & https://twitter.com/Arcnor
The bug which caused freezing on iOS 12 is fixed
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Excellent Roguelike for iOS.
I am a longtime fan of Roguelike games for desktops, and I have been looking for a mobile app that captures that kind of experience for quite some time. Pixel Dungeon is one of the best I have found so far. While it necessarily lacks the depth and complexity of a desktop version, it does a great job of capturing the spirit of the genre in a more compact package, with an easy to use interface and a very challenging degree of difficulty. Those reviewers who complain that the game is too difficult and that it doesn't give you all of the gameplay information up front have obviously missed the point of this genre. Discovering the hidden secrets and tricks of the game via multiple humiliating defeats is the very heart of Roguelike gameplay. When you finally beat the game, it feels like a real accomplishment. Or at least I assume that it will. I'm on my 49th play, and I just made it to level 11 and died. And that is a very good thing.
One Major Gripe
First of all, I love this game. I’m a huge fan of everything about it. It’s exactly what it says on the tin; a roguelike. Expect a lot of dying and repeating and getting better as you get further. You WILL be frustrated. Those are things I love about roguelikes. However, I have one major gripe about this game. When you have an Ankh (resurrection relic) and choose to revive, any and all bags you were carrying disappear. As with most games, you only keep what you had “equipped”. However, the deeper in the dungeon you go, the more options you get for specific item bags. These get more and more expensive and you can only purchase said bag once. It is beyond frustrating to lose all the money you’ve put into these bags.
Not to mention, the one character who has a unique weapon you cannot get anywhere else loses her weapon when you choose to resurrect with an Ankh. I know there should be a penalty for dying— which is usually having to restart— but if you’ve spent money on an Ankh the penalty shouldn’t be so harsh. Especially since it allows you to keep a few other items that aren’t exactly “equipped” so to speak (such as the dew vial).
It’s a great game, well worth the money. I’ve spent hours and hours playing this game and I still haven’t beaten it. I’m just a little frustrated with some of the mechanics.
Dungeon boss is very good
This game is a Roguelike game which is something to spice up your gaming experience. The game is intended to be very hard as the items you get are completely luck based so you may get garbage or something really good. Most comments say they cant get past the third floor, they most likely didnt even try a fourth time. It took me till my 66th game to beat and it felt amazing. When you start out the game seems mostly luck based but the more you play the more you realize and find out hidden strategies. For example instead of running to enemy and getting hit first you can wait for it to come to you giving you the opportunity to strike first or you can run through a door with the enemy behind you then getting a 100% hit chance on it because the enemy has to open the door instead of defending itself. I would recommend this game if you want a challenge and want to truly master it.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Oleg Dolya
- 62.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3.5 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.3.5 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.3.5 or later.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2012 Oleg Dolya
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.