Pixelmator Photo is the most powerful photo editing app ever designed for a mobile device. It features over 30 desktop-class color adjustments, support for over 600 RAW image formats, including Apple ProRAW, deep integration with the Photos app and iCloud Photos, tools powered by groundbreaking machine learning technologies, and much more.
Everything you need to make your photos look incredible
• Edit photos using a complete collection of powerful, nondestructive color adjustments designed using advanced image processing techniques
• Make your photos stand out with photographer-designed presets inspired by film photography
• Effortlessly remove unwanted objects using an incredible object removal tool
• Automatically enhance shots using a machine learning algorithm trained on 20 million pro photos
• Magically increase the resolution of photos using AI
• Crop, straighten, and rotate photos with a powerful and easy to use Crop tool
• Automatically sync every change you back to your Photos library
• Easily copy and paste edits between photos or batch edit even hundreds of photos at a time
• Open and edit over 600 RAW image formats, including Apple ProRAW
• Remove camera noise and image compression artifacts with the Core ML-powered Denoise feature
• Copy the look of any photo to another using AI-powered color matching
• Follow all the changes you make in the beautiful live histogram
Over 30 desktop-class color adjustments
• Adjust temperature and tint with the White Balance adjustment
• Improve exposure, contrast, brightness, highlights, and shadows using the Lightness adjustment
• Adjust color saturation, vibrance, and hue with Hue & Saturation
• Improve the balance of colors in the shadows, midtones, and highlights using a Color Balance adjustment inspired by pro video color grading apps
• Selectively adjust individual color ranges using the Selective Color adjustment
• Quickly improve brightness, contrast, and color by setting black, white, and grey points using the Levels adjustment
• Use the Curves adjustment to adjust lighting and color with complete precision
• Mix the balance of the red, green, and blue color channels to create intense color effects in your images
• Replace any color with any other using the Replace Color adjustment
• Create beautiful black and whites even from your color photos
• Use the Fade adjustment to wash out the contrasts in your photo and give it a faded look
• Add beautiful, film-style grain with the Grain adjustment
• Use a range of additional adjustments, like Sharpen, Color Monochrome, Sepia, and Invert to make your photos stand out
Groundbreaking artificial intelligence
• Automatically improve your photos like a pro photographer using a feature trained on 20 million professional photos
• Automatically fine-tune individual adjustments, like Lightness, White Balance, Selective Color, and Color Balance using the knowledge from the same 20-million-photo algorithm
• Remove camera noise and image compression artifacts with the ML-powered Denoise feature
• Increase the resolution of photos while preserving details and sharpness using state-of-the-art machine learning techniques
• Use Match Colors to automatically match the look and feel of one photo to another
• Intelligently crop photos using the machine learning-powered auto-cropping
Stunning presets for film emulation, vintage looks, and more
• Quickly change the look of a photo using an extensive collection of presets inspired by different photography styles and designed for a variety of subjects
• Create, save, and even share your own custom presets
Built exclusively for iOS
Pixelmator Photo is built from the ground up for iPhone and iPad with a native design that blends seamlessly with the sleek and modern look of iOS 15. And it uses powerful Apple technologies like Metal, Core ML, and Core Image to deliver staggeringly fast performance, even when editing large RAW photos or batch editing multiple images at a time.
Pixelmator Photo 2.0.4 improves how the app behaves with limited Photos library access and brings a few other improvements and fixes.
• If you've provided restricted access to your Photos library, you can now more easily give Pixelmator Photo access to more photos.
• You can now choose to edit the JPEG in a RAW+JPEG pair from the Photos browser.
• On iPad, you can now tap and hold the histogram to bring up options for changing how it's displayed.
• The height of the Show Info popover was incorrect. Fixed.
• The keyboard shortcut for the Show Info popover was incorrect. Fixed.
• The keyboard shortcuts for the next and previous photo were incorrect. Fixed.
• Adjustment values at 0 would occasionally be displayed with a minus sign. Fixed.
• The app icon would sometimes be blurred. Fixed.
• After exiting Split View, the appearance of albums would be incorrect and they would also be unresponsive. Fixed.
• On iPhone, the color of the "Albums" title would not update after changing the app's accent color. Fixed.
• The Crop tool would be slow if the app was restored from the background. Fixed.
• The animation of photos in the Photos browser that appears when rotating advice was incorrect. Fixed.
• After restoring the app from the background, the zoom level of the Photos browser would not be remembered. Fixed.
• Attempting to dismiss an image with an open popover would cause Pixelmator Photo to quit unexpectedly. Fixed.
• This update also includes a few other fixes to prevent Pixelmator Photo from quitting unexpectedly in various cases.
Have any feedback about this update or Pixelmator Photo in general? Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Ratings and Reviews
Looking for a simple but powerful way to freshen up your photos? Pixelmator Photo makes editing approachable even if you don’t know your contrast from your saturation. With a few taps, the iPad-exclusive app will let you adjust specific color ranges, perfect your photo’s shadows, and fix up highlights. And once you’ve found settings you like, save them as your own presets.
First of all I love this app. It’s my go to app for all of my editing while I’m traveling. But it’s not quite finished. There are some features that are missing that would enable this being my standalone editor. First off it’s got a ton of features that work fantastic. The ML feature gets it right more often than not. The program is intuitive for anyone who’s ever edited in that one program that shall not be named. It’s speedy enough to export hundreds of photos without any fuss (although my battery may disagree). What it’s missing though really is a bummer. We need masking. There is currently no masking abilities that I’m aware of and that is such a shame. The ability to add watermarks or layers would be awesome but I realize that’s not what this app was designed for specifically. This has lead to creating workflows that exist outside of Pixelmator. Please also consider adding some basic brushes in future updates. I’ve been able to create an alternative workflow here as well using snapseed but I’d love to have any excuse to get rid of that app. It’s clunky. Finally where is the noise reduction? I’ll tell you, not here. It doesn’t exist yet. That is a shame. Overall you won’t be upset with this for edits and corrections but it’s just not quite done in my opinion.
These are my initial impressions after using the app for the first time. I was hoping it would be a Lightroom replacement, and it’s close. It would need selective edits, brushes, noise reduction, and masking on the sharpening tool. I can still use it in my workflow as a last stop to apply a filter. It would great for that because it has enough adjustment tools to fine tune the filter. I also like the idea of machine learning to supplement my creative process. It suggested a nice crop which made my model seem taller in the frame. I will be using that idea in the future! UI is great but would like to be able collapse an individual adjustment tool (on the right panel) so it’s out of the way when not in use. Currently collapsing an individual tool removes the adjustment. I would love for Pixelmator to replace Lightroom for me. I could be free of my Adobe subscription plan forever!
Edit: Love to see that batch editing has been added. Thank you! I love companies that listen to their customers. I added a star just for that alone. I see file management has also improved. Great!
Developer Response ,
Hey there, as of Pixelmator Photo 1.1, batch editing is now available. Would love to hear any feedback you might have if you've tried it out! PS. Noise reduction is currently in development, and we'd obviously love to add the other features you've requested too. Oh, and to hide the adjustments, you can slide the adjustments pane out to the right (or simply close the Color Adjustments tool by tapping its icon).
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- UAB Pixelmator Team
- 193.9 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Pixelmator Team
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.