Pixelmator Pro is an incredibly powerful, beautiful, and easy to use image editor designed exclusively for Mac.
With a wide range of professional-grade, nondestructive image editing tools, Pixelmator Pro lets you bring out the best in your photos, create gorgeous compositions and designs, draw, paint, apply stunning effects, design beautiful text, and edit images in just about any way you can imagine. And thanks to its intuitive and accessible design, Pixelmator Pro is delightfully easy to use — whether you’re just starting out with image editing or you’re a seasoned pro.
Exceptional Design and Functionality
• The modern, single-window interface of Pixelmator Pro is designed exclusively for working with images on a Mac
• An intuitive and refined design makes image editing easy and accessible, even if you're a complete beginner
• Native dark and light appearances adapt to the light and dark modes of macOS
• A customizable interface lets you organize your creative environment just the way you want
• Choose from workspace presets created for photography, design, illustration, and painting
• A full-featured Photos extension lets you edit images using Pixelmator Pro without ever leaving Photos, saving layered, nondestructive edits directly to your library
• Enhance your existing images and create new ones using every image editing tool you could ever need
• Edit nondestructively, adjusting individual changes whenever you like
• Easily move, resize, and arrange objects to create stunning compositions
• Adjust colors with a collection of nondestructive, machine learning-powered color adjustments
• Enjoy superior support for RAW files, editing RAW images using all their extended range data
• Create digital or traditional paintings using handcrafted, fully-customizable, dual-texture brushes with full support for digital graphics tablets
• Combine the built-in effects to create any artistic or special effects you can imagine
• Save adjustment, effect, and layer style combinations as presets, use them in any of your images, and share them with others
• Speed up image editing with hundreds of presets for color adjustments, effects, layer styles, and shapes
• Magically remove small imperfections or entire objects, seamlessly clone parts of your photos, and lighten or darken precise areas using a full set of retouching tools
• Use the reshaping tools to easily change the shape of any object or area in your images
• Add customizable vector graphics designed by the Pixelmator Team
• Create your own vector graphics using the Pen tool
• Easily design great-looking text with a full set of typography tools
• Quickly create curved, circular, and path text
• Optimize and save your images for the web, using advanced compression to shrink file sizes
• Batch process images using built-in Automator actions
• Effortlessly automate workflows using full-featured AppleScript support
Image Editing Enhanced by Machine Learning
• Magically remove objects, recreating image areas with stunning realism using the Repair tool
• Use ML Enhance to intelligently enhance photos with a machine learning algorithm trained on millions of professional photos
• Zoom and enhance image resolution with the incredible ML Super Resolution
• Automatically copy the look of one photo to another with ML Match Colors
• Remove image noise and compression artifacts while preserving details using ML Denoise
• Quickly make accurate selections with ease using the Quick Selection tool
• Open and edit images in all the most popular image formats, including JPEG, TIFF, PNG, PSD, HEIF, SVG, PDF, GIF, BMP, TGA, WebP and JPEG-2000
• Open and edit Photoshop images with layers
• Open and edit SVG vector images
• Share your images to Photos, Mail, AirDrop, and other locations
Built Exclusively for Mac
Designed exclusively for macOS, Pixelmator Pro supports almost every major macOS feature and integrates seamlessly with macOS Big Sur.
Pixelmator Pro 2.0.3 adds support for Apple ProRAW photos, improves shadow and highlight recovery, includes three new effects, brings the ability to use the WebP format in the Export for Web tool, and more.
• Pixelmator Pro now fully supports Apple ProRAW photos.
• When adjusting images using the Lightness adjustment, the Shadows and Highlights sliders will now be able to recover more detail.
• Use the new Gradient Map effect to creatively colorize images using any number of colors.
• Realistically distort and reshape images using the new Displacement Map effect.
• The new High Pass effect lets you quickly separate fine textures and details from images.
• When hovering over blending modes in the Effects tool, each blending mode will now be instantly previewed in your image.
• The WebP format is now available in the Export for Web tool.
• The General tab of Pixelmator Pro preferences has been updated, adding a new Auto appearance option like in System Preferences.
• The Align Objects commands now have handy keyboard shortcuts – press and hold the Command-Control keys, then press an arrow key to align edges in that direction, H to align Horizontal centers, or V to align Vertical centers.
• The Character Spacing slider will now display negative values by default.
• New gradient stops will now be created with the color of the area you click.
• When zooming your image, there will be haptic feedback when the image is at 100% zoom or perfectly fits the Pixelmator Pro window.
• The full range of Hue slider in the Selective Color adjustment will now be displayed by default.
• You can now pin the histogram to the top of the Color Adjustments pane – find the new option in Format > Color Adjustments > Histogram or by Control-clicking the histogram.
• When picking colors using the color pickers in the Replace Color and Monochrome adjustments, only areas inside the selected layer could be picked. Fixed.
• When opening documents with a large number of effects, adjustments, or styles, the tool options pane could not be scrolled until an effect, adjustment, or style was added or removed. Fixed.
• The anchor points and direction handles of shapes would sometimes move at different speeds than from vector paths themselves. Fixed.
• When drawing line shapes with the Inside stroke style applied, these lines would be temporarily rendered incorrectly if they were horizontal or vertical. Fixed.
• When drawing paths with the Pen tools, points would not correctly snap into place. Fixed.
• When using Refine Selection and then adjusting selected areas using the Color Adjustments tool, the changes in the selected area would not be flattened correctly. Fixed.
• Pixelmator Pro would quit unexpectedly when opening RAW images on macOS 10.14 Mojave. Fixed.
• In the About Pixelmator Pro window, the version number is now selectable.
Have any feedback about this update or Pixelmator Pro in general? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Pixelmator Pro just keeps getting better and better
I remember when Pixelmator Pro came out and dazzled everyone with it's instantaneous filter affects utilizing the GPU (putting shame on "the" primary image editor at the time), and then a bit later they had a few GUI improvements here and there.
However, in the last year or two something amazing has happened -- they seem to have crossed some knee-of-the-curve for innovation and new features. Every time I turn around, Pixelmator Pro is doing something new, something cool, something better and it's just fantastic. Pixelmator Pro is on the very top of my watch list for what incredible photo editing technology is about to get popular.
Pixelmator Pro doesn't pull punches when it comes to editing photos. It's not generic applications of filters, it's not a set of precanned special effects. From their AI Enhance to non-destructive highly-granular controls for experts, coupled now with automation ... this is a must-have tool for the professional photographer, even if you already have other tools. I'm constantly turning to Pixelmator Pro and it'd got my back every time.
An Excellent Photoshop Replacement
Like many, I have used Photoshop for a very long time—since the early 90s. I was very upset when Adobe switched to a subscription model which I thought was expensive, and started to look for a replacement. I had dabbled with Pixelmator a few years ago but was able to keep Photoshop CS5 going on my Mac and was able to stick with it, even as far as Mojave. But then a few months ago, Photoshop finally started to crash every time I launched it and I was unable to use it anymore. I tried Affinity Photo after having read good reviews, and it is a powerful program, but the User Interface and commands are too different from Photoshop and the learning curve was too steep for me. So I gave Pixelmator a second look and was pleased to find that the UI and commands were quite intuitive and more similar to Photoshop. I highly recommend this app: it fulfills all my needs and the price is right. It's easy to use and works great. You can't go wrong with this. I highly recommend it.
Good Value for the price
To start, this doesn't do everything that Photoshop or Affinity Photo does, so it can't always be a full replacement. It doesn't do blend options with source and target layer ranges, for example. It's missing lab mode, it's missing tone mapping (that would be the one thing I am missing the most)... But the thing is, for many tasks, those things are not needed, and especially for the price the filters that were implemented and the UI work really well.
I like the color controls, which are very intuitive, and the curves / levels dialog works well too.
It could use a few more filters for light leaks (or at least let me change the color), to make images look grungy/dusty and apply bokehs, as well as the ability to use my own images for this to overlay. A good effect to add lens flare would also be useful.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- UAB Pixelmator Team
- 222.1 MB
- Graphics & Design
macOS 10.14.4 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2017-2020 Pixelmator Team
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.