Pixelmator Pro 4+
Pro image editing for everyone
Pixelmator Pro is rated 4.8 out of 5 stars worldwide with over 36,000 five-star ratings.
Pixelmator Pro is an incredibly powerful, beautiful, and easy-to-use image editor designed exclusively for Mac.
With over 50 image editing tools, Pixelmator Pro has everything you need to edit photos, draw illustrations, create designs, paint digital paintings, and be creative in just about any way you can imagine. Designed to be the ultimate Mac app, Pixelmator Pro has won multiple awards, including the Mac App of the Year awarded by Apple, and is one of the best-rated apps on the Mac App Store.
Edit and enhance
• Adjust the colors in your photos and even videos in any way you want using a powerful collection of pro-grade color adjustments
• Use machine learning-powered tools to automatically remove image background, enhance photos and videos, increase resolution, remove compression artifacts and noise, correct white balance, and more
• Magically remove unwanted objects from images using the incredible Repair tool
• Quickly make good-looking shots spectacular with over 40 presets that create cinematic, vintage, photographic film, and many other looks
• Enjoy full support for RAW photos from over 600 of the most popular digital cameras
• Make precise selective edits using color adjustments layers
Create stunning designs
• Create beautiful designs in moments with over 200 Pixelmator Team-created templates
• Find templates for a range of different formats including posters, social media posts, resumes, and more
• Combine the power of Super Resolution, Remove Background, and Auto Fill to effortlessly replace placeholder content in templates and mockups using Smart Replace
• Harness the full power of layer-based editing to design posters, webpages, or apps from scratch
• Easily transform the look of templates using built-in alternative elements — lighting, shapes, effects, and illustrations
• Add text and customize all its typography features, including font, size, emphasis, alignment, ligatures, spacing, indents, and much more
• Quickly and effortlessly align objects using the intelligent Arrange tool
• Combine any of over 60 versatile, nondestructive effects to develop any artistic or special effects you can imagine
• Customize the look of layers using layers styles, such as Fill, Stroke, Drop Shadow, and Inner Shadow
• Showcase your designs in stunning, fully-customizable mockups
Draw and illustrate
• Create vector designs using a full set of vector tools, including Pen and Freeform Pen tools
• Speed up creating illustrations with over 200 stylish shapes designed by the Pixelmator Team
• Add customizable Smart Shapes to quickly create your custom shapes
• Import and export vector files in SVG format
Sketch and paint
• Paint digital or traditional paintings with a collection of beautiful, handcrafted dual-texture brushes
• Take advantage of full support for graphics tablets to paint with pressure and tilt sensitivity
• Enjoy incredibly fast and responsive painting thanks to a cutting-edge painting engine powered by the Metal graphics technology
Machine learning-powered editing
• Automatically enhance images with machine learning-powered features including ML Enhance, Match Colors, Super Resolution, Denoise, Deband, and Crop
• Quickly and easily make accurate selections using the Quick Selection tool
• Open files in popular image and video formats, including JPEG, TIFF, PNG, PSD, HEIF, SVG, PDF, GIF, BMP, TGA, WebP, JPEG-2000, AVIF, MP4, MOV, and more
• Open and export Photoshop images with layers
• Share your images or videos to Photos, Mail, AirDrop, and other locations
Built exclusively for Mac
• Pixelmator Pro is a Universal app that is fully optimized for Mac devices with Apple silicon
• Designed exclusively for macOS, Pixelmator Pro supports almost every major macOS feature and integrates seamlessly with macOS Ventura
• Enjoy support for iCloud Drive, Versions, a full-featured Photos extension, Shortcuts, Light and Dark Modes, Split View, AppleScript, Apple Pencil, and more
Pixelmator Pro 3.3.3 adds support for the all-new Photomator for Mac, improves Photomator document opening, and brings important color adjustment improvements.
• Pixelmator Pro now supports a powerful new app for photography workflows — Photomator for Mac — created by the Pixelmator Team.
• You can now open Photomator documents in Pixelmator Pro with all nondestructive edits like color adjustments, crop, masks, and more, by directly sharing them from Photomator.
• Both Photomator and Pixelmator Pro also integrate seamlessly with Photos, so when you edit photos in Photomator, the changes instantly sync to the photo browser in Pixelmator Pro and the Pixelmator Pro extension in Photos.
• To save changes back to Photomator, choose File > Modify Original in Photos.
• Color adjustments have been optimized to work even faster and smoother.
• Improved color adjustment layers to better handle dynamic range in images.
Improvements in version 3.3.5
• Added optimizations to improve Pixelmator Pro compatibility with Photomator.
Have any feedback about this update or Pixelmator Pro in general? Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Ratings and Reviews
An Absolute Pleasure to Use!
I started with Pixelmator Classic, mainly because it provided a great alternative to Photoshop. In practice, I found it daunting to use. I then went over to Affinity apps, which are incredibly powerful tools, and you only pay their price once. Although Affinity is absolutely fantastic and completely maximized for Apple Silicon, it sometimes can hold you back speed wise, because it has so many features available to you at once. I don't know what made me revisit Pixelmator Pro, but I'm glad I did. I can't believe how easy it is to use.....and very fast. I feel like the workflow is so much more fluid. And not only that, it has vector graphics capability as well. It's so easy to switch back and forth between work environments. And Pixelmator Pro integrates into Apple Photos, Final Cut Pro, and Motion so easily. Also, the machine learning in the app is absolutely insane and surprisingly accurate. I can't believe I ignored this app for so many years. It is an absolute pleasure to use....it basically gets all the technical stuff out the way, and now I can focus on experimenting, developing and finalizing ideas quickly. The Pixelmator team has the magic sauce and it can only get better from here. This is my testimony.
Developer Response ,
The pleasure is all ours! Thanks for the awesome feedback.
An Easy-to-Use Picture Editor.
I find Pixelmator Pro to be a remarkable image editing app that has continuously impressed me with its powerful tools and user-friendly interface. One thing that stands out about Pixelmator Pro is the team's dedication to improving their app constantly. They have been actively adding new features and refining the existing ones to make the app even more intuitive and efficient. I'm always excited to see what they come up with next.
Another feature that sets Pixelmator Pro apart from other image editors is the level of support and resources provided to users. The app is well-documented and supported by a vast array of online tutorials, which make it easy to learn how to use its many tools.
Overall, I am impressed by the work of the team behind Pixelmator Pro. Their dedication to constantly improving their app and making it more accessible and user-friendly is admirable. If you're looking for a powerful image editor with a robust set of features and a sleek, user-friendly interface, I highly recommend giving Pixelmator Pro a try.
Developer Response ,
What a fantastic review — thank you so much!
Pixelmator Pro just keeps getting better and better
I remember when Pixelmator Pro came out and dazzled everyone with it's instantaneous filter affects utilizing the GPU (putting shame on "the" primary image editor at the time), and then a bit later they had a few GUI improvements here and there.
However, in the last year or two something amazing has happened -- they seem to have crossed some knee-of-the-curve for innovation and new features. Every time I turn around, Pixelmator Pro is doing something new, something cool, something better and it's just fantastic. Pixelmator Pro is on the very top of my watch list for what incredible photo editing technology is about to get popular.
Pixelmator Pro doesn't pull punches when it comes to editing photos. It's not generic applications of filters, it's not a set of precanned special effects. From their AI Enhance to non-destructive highly-granular controls for experts, coupled now with automation ... this is a must-have tool for the professional photographer, even if you already have other tools. I'm constantly turning to Pixelmator Pro and it'd got my back every time.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- UAB Pixelmator Team
- 562.3 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2017-2023 Pixelmator Team
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.