Pixelmator Pro is rated 4.8 out of 5 stars worldwide with over 31,000 five-star ratings.
Pixelmator Pro is an incredibly powerful, beautiful, and easy-to-use image editor designed exclusively for Mac.
With over 50 image editing tools, Pixelmator Pro has everything you need to edit photos, draw illustrations, create designs, paint digital paintings, and be creative in just about any way you can imagine. Designed to be the ultimate Mac app, Pixelmator Pro has won multiple awards, including the Mac App of the Year awarded by Apple, and is one of the best-rated apps on the Mac App Store.
Edit and Enhance Photos
• Adjust the colors in your photos in any way you want using a powerful collection of pro-grade color adjustments
• Use machine learning-powered tools to automatically enhance photos, increase resolution, correct white balance, and remove noise
• Magically remove unwanted objects from images using the incredible Repair tool
• Automatically remove the background from images using the AI-powered Remove Background feature
• Quickly make good-looking shots spectacular with over 40 presets that create cinematic, vintage, photographic film, and many other looks
• Enjoy full support for RAW photos from over 600 of the most popular digital cameras
• Make precise selective edits using color adjustments layers
Draw and Illustrate
• Create vector designs using a full set of vector tools, including Pen and Freeform Pen tools
• Speed up creating illustrations with over 200 stylish shapes designed by the Pixelmator Team
• Add customizable Smart Shapes to quickly create your custom shapes
• Import and export vector files in SVG format
Create Stunning Designs
• Harness the full power of layer-based editing to design posters, webpages, apps, or whatever you can imagine
• Quickly and effortlessly lay out and align objects using the intelligent Arrange tool
• Combine any of over 60 versatile, nondestructive effects to develop any artistic or special effects you can imagine
• Customize the look of layers using layers styles, such as Fill, Stroke, Drop Shadow, and Inner Shadow
Sketch and Paint
• Paint digital or traditional paintings with a collection of beautiful, handcrafted dual-texture brushes
• Take advantage of full support for graphics tablets to paint with pressure and tilt sensitivity just like on paper or a real-life canvas
• Enjoy incredibly fast and responsive painting thanks to a cutting-edge painting engine powered by the Metal graphics technology
Design Great-Looking Text
• Add text and customize all its typography features, including font, size, emphasis, alignment, ligatures, spacing, indents, and much more
• Easily create curved and circular text or even type text along the edges of shapes and paths
• Use multicolored and textured SVG fonts in your designs
Machine Learning-Powered Editing
• Pixelmator Pro comes with a wide range of tools powered by machine learning
• Increase the resolution of images without blurriness or pixelation using ML Super Resolution
• Use ML Enhance to intelligently enhance photos with an ML algorithm trained on millions of pro photos
• Remove noise from images with ML Denoise
• Copy the look of different photos with ML Match Colors
• Quickly and easily make accurate selections using the Quick Selection tool
• Get suggestions for eye-catching crops from ML Crop
• Edit images in all the most popular image formats, including JPEG, TIFF, PNG, PSD, HEIF, SVG, PDF, GIF, BMP, TGA, WebP and JPEG-2000
• Open and export Photoshop images with layers
• Share your images to Photos, Mail, AirDrop, and other locations
Built Exclusively for Mac
• Pixelmator Pro is a Universal app that is fully optimized for all M1 Macs, including ones powered by the M1 Pro, M1 Max, and M1 Ultra chips
• Designed exclusively for macOS, Pixelmator Pro supports almost every major macOS feature and integrates seamlessly with macOS Monterey
• Enjoy support for iCloud Drive, Versions, a full-featured Photos extension, Shortcuts, Light and Dark Modes, Split View, AppleScript, Apple Pencil, and more
Pixelmator Pro 3.0 Muse introduces an all-new way to create designs with over 200 easy‑to‑use design templates, AI-powered template editing, 16 fully‑customizable mockups, document color palettes, and more.
• Get inspired with over 200 easy-to-use templates designed following the best industry practices.
• Showcase your designs in 16 stunning, fully-customizable mockups.
• Enjoy incredibly fast template editing thanks to the machine learning-powered Smart Replace feature.
• Easily transform the look of templates using built-in alternative elements — lighting, shapes, effects, and illustrations.
• Use the new Document Colors feature to quickly change the colors of multiple layers in your designs.
200+ Design Templates
• Find templates for a wide range of different formats, including posters, social media posts, resumes, and more.
• Use brand templates to effortlessly build an eye-catching visual identity for your personal brand or business.
• Quickly replace placeholder content using on-canvas controls and watch as your custom images or text fit seamlessly into pre-made designs.
• Transform the look of a design in seconds using alternative elements — shapes, effects, and illustrations — designed exclusively for each template.
• The template browser has been redesigned, letting you easily browse template collections, see previews of templates, and search.
• You can search for specific templates by name or enter keywords to show related templates.
• Use the new preset browser to more conveniently browse image size presets, manage preset collections, and change document orientation.
• When replacing placeholder content that shouldn't have a background, it will be removed from your images automatically.
• Automatically insert images with the most optimal placement and composition using Auto Fill.
• Pixelmator Pro will upscale low-res images using Super Resolution if it detects that their quality is too low.
• Find 16 fully-customizable mockups for devices such as Mac, iPad, and iPhone, and print formats, including posters, book covers, and more.
• Quickly adjust lighting or recolor objects in mockups to find a look that compliments your design the best.
• Replace the placeholder images with designs saved in regular image formats and multilayer document formats including PXD, PSD, and SVG.
• When working with templates or mockups, try out alternative color palettes created specifically for each template to see which one looks best for your design.
• Pixelmator Pro automatically generates color palettes using the colors of elements — styles, shapes, text, and effects — in a particular design.
• Quickly recolor your composition by changing, adding, or removing colors from a palette.
• Easily duplicate, copy and paste palettes between documents, or remove them.
Have any feedback about this update or Pixelmator Pro in general? Get in touch with us at email@example.com!
Ratings and Reviews
An Absolute Pleasure to Use!
I started with Pixelmator Classic, mainly because it provided a great alternative to Photoshop. In practice, I found it daunting to use. I then went over to Affinity apps, which are incredibly powerful tools, and you only pay their price once. Although Affinity is absolutely fantastic and completely maximized for Apple Silicon, it sometimes can hold you back speed wise, because it has so many features available to you at once. I don't know what made me revisit Pixelmator Pro, but I'm glad I did. I can't believe how easy it is to use.....and very fast. I feel like the workflow is so much more fluid. And not only that, it has vector graphics capability as well. It's so easy to switch back and forth between work environments. And Pixelmator Pro integrates into Apple Photos, Final Cut Pro, and Motion so easily. Also, the machine learning in the app is absolutely insane and surprisingly accurate. I can't believe I ignored this app for so many years. It is an absolute pleasure to use....it basically gets all the technical stuff out the way, and now I can focus on experimenting, developing and finalizing ideas quickly. The Pixelmator team has the magic sauce and it can only get better from here. This is my testimony.
Developer Response ,
The pleasure is all ours! Thanks for the awesome feedback.
Pixelmator Pro just keeps getting better and better
I remember when Pixelmator Pro came out and dazzled everyone with it's instantaneous filter affects utilizing the GPU (putting shame on "the" primary image editor at the time), and then a bit later they had a few GUI improvements here and there.
However, in the last year or two something amazing has happened -- they seem to have crossed some knee-of-the-curve for innovation and new features. Every time I turn around, Pixelmator Pro is doing something new, something cool, something better and it's just fantastic. Pixelmator Pro is on the very top of my watch list for what incredible photo editing technology is about to get popular.
Pixelmator Pro doesn't pull punches when it comes to editing photos. It's not generic applications of filters, it's not a set of precanned special effects. From their AI Enhance to non-destructive highly-granular controls for experts, coupled now with automation ... this is a must-have tool for the professional photographer, even if you already have other tools. I'm constantly turning to Pixelmator Pro and it'd got my back every time.
An Excellent Photoshop Replacement
Like many, I have used Photoshop for a very long time—since the early 90s. I was very upset when Adobe switched to a subscription model which I thought was expensive, and started to look for a replacement. I had dabbled with Pixelmator a few years ago but was able to keep Photoshop CS5 going on my Mac and was able to stick with it, even as far as Mojave. But then a few months ago, Photoshop finally started to crash every time I launched it and I was unable to use it anymore. I tried Affinity Photo after having read good reviews, and it is a powerful program, but the User Interface and commands are too different from Photoshop and the learning curve was too steep for me. So I gave Pixelmator a second look and was pleased to find that the UI and commands were quite intuitive and more similar to Photoshop. I highly recommend this app: it fulfills all my needs and the price is right. It's easy to use and works great. You can't go wrong with this. I highly recommend it.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- UAB Pixelmator Team
- 504 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2017-2022 Pixelmator Team
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.