Pixelmator Pro 1.4.1 adds a number of smaller improvements and fixes.
• Along with Command-clicking, you can now Control-click and secondary click the document title to see the document path.
• Using the Enter key to select a blending mode from the blending mode pop-up menu would not work. Fixed.
• Dragging and dropping hidden layers to the Finder would export empty images. Fixed.
• Layers created using the Cut and Paste commands would sometimes be positioned incorrectly. Fixed.
• The position of the reshaping tools’ text fields in the Tool Options pane was every so slightly incorrect. Fixed.
• On rare occasions, the Grain effect could cause Pixelmator Pro to quit unexpectedly. Fixed.
• In certain cases, when cropping images with masked layers using the Delete mode, Pixelmator Pro could stop responding. Fixed.
Pixelmator Pro Extension Fixes
• When opening photos using the extension, if the associated Pixelmator Pro file is in iCloud Drive, the extension will attempt to download it before opening.
• If the extension cannot save to iCloud Drive, it will try to save to the Pictures folder instead. If that also fails, you will be offered to save the layered file to a custom location.
• The layout of the reshaping tools in the Touch Bar was incorrect. Fixed.
• The keyboard shortcuts for changing the visibility of the Tools sidebar, switching between the Thumbnails and List view in the Layers sidebar, and inverting selections were incorrect. Fixed.
• Failing to open a photo using the extension would cause it to quit unexpectedly. Now, an alert will be shown and the preview of the photo will be opened instead.
• It was previously possible to attempt open the Photos extension while it was still loading, which would cause it to quit unexpectedly. Fixed.
Have any feedback about the update or Pixelmator Pro in general? We’d love to hear it at email@example.com!
Ratings and Reviews
I gave up photoshop because of the ongoing cost. I saw this, and looked over some tutorials on you tube. I was amazed at all the adjustments, many with machine learning. It is crazy easy to use, and made my photo look great. I just purchased this app, so I have just used it on one photo. With the great things you can do with this app makes working on photos a joy. I am not a pro, I have to take a few shots, to get one or two I am really happy with on the road. But my photo went from I am happy with it, to it was beautiful. I think anyone would love this app, and since I had pixelmator from a long time ago, but did not use use it because I went to photoshop instead, I received a discount for the upgrade. You cannot beat the price. Well worth it even without the discount.
Works great..had to update my firmware for NIKON D850
I’ve been a user of Pixelmator for years.I know you guys are still working on this app, but it’s buggy. I will be using the healing tool then all of a sudden the picture goes black just shows a yellow line where I was editing. Then I have to quit and start it up again until it does it again. Sometimes, it just quits and I have to restart.
ALSO…THIS APP DOES NOT SUPPORT NIKON RAW FILES (NEF) FOR THE D850! ARE YOU KIDDING ME…… NOT VERY PRO. WILL YOU EVER CHANGE THIS PIXELMATOR? Most consumers will just fine with cheaper version of Pixelmator. It will do everything you need it to do without spending $60.
UPDATE: AUGUST 1ST 2018..
Pixelmator Pro is still NOT compatible with Nikon D850, but now High Sierra does.. When I try to open in Pixelmator Pro to edit them it tell me either the file is damage or the file is not compatible with Pixelmator. Almost a year the camera has been out and Apple’s version high “photoshop” can hang with a PRO CAMERA….FAIL!
UPDATE OCTOBER 1ST 2018..
So, it turned out that there was a firmware update for my camera for it to be compatible for my mac and RAW images. Works great! Changed by rating from a 3 to a 5 star. Go to the Nikon site and download the firmware update on an sd card and load it into the camera! Perfecto!
Developer Response ,
Awesome, thanks for taking the time to update the review! And let us know if you have any other feedback or bump into any other issues.
Poor on Apple's Part with Metal II Unsupported for Me
The Pixelmator Pro Team did something special for me. Apple checks back to the year of manufacture for my 2010 Mac Pro 12-core and says not supported. So, I could not update even after I was allowed by the App Store to purchase it at version 1.3.0 and update at version 1.3.2, but at no other times. I've maxed out with everything available that could work in my machine until the new Mac Pro comes out late this year. So it does work great and the nice thing the Pixelmator Pro Team did for me was to provide me with a download because I've already purchased their finen product. So, I'm good to go again.
Developer Response ,
We realize this is a frustrating experience but, unfortunately, it is out of our control for now. We'd be happy to send you the updates ourselves via email, though, if you were to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Apologies for the inconvenience!
- UAB Pixelmator Team
- 182.9 MB
- Graphics & Design
macOS 10.13 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017-2019 Pixelmator Team
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.