Pixelmator Pro features full support for M1-powered Macs.
Pixelmator Pro is an incredibly powerful, beautiful, and easy-to-use image editor designed exclusively for Mac.
With a wide range of professional-grade, nondestructive image editing tools, Pixelmator Pro lets you bring out the best in your photos, create gorgeous compositions and designs, draw, paint, apply stunning effects, design beautiful text, and edit images in just about any way you can imagine. And thanks to its intuitive and accessible design, Pixelmator Pro is delightfully easy to use — whether you’re just starting out with image editing or you’re a seasoned pro.
Powerful Image Editing Tools
• Enhance your existing images and create new ones using every image editing tool you could ever need
• Edit nondestructively, adjusting individual changes whenever you like
• Easily move, resize, and arrange objects to create stunning compositions
• Adjust colors with a collection of nondestructive, machine learning-powered color adjustments
• Enjoy full support for RAW files, editing RAW images using all their extended range data
• Create digital or traditional paintings using handcrafted, fully customizable, dual-texture brushes with full support for digital graphics tablets
• Combine the built-in effects to create any artistic or special effects you can imagine
• Save adjustment, effect, and layer style combinations as presets and share them with others
• Speed up image editing with hundreds of presets for color adjustments, effects, layer styles, and shapes
• Magically remove small imperfections or entire objects, seamlessly clone parts of your photos, and lighten or darken precise areas using a full set of retouching tools
• Add customizable vector graphics designed by the Pixelmator Team
• Create your own vector graphics using the Pen tool
• Easily design great-looking text with a full set of typography tools
• Quickly create curved, circular, and path text
• Optimize and save your images for the web, using advanced compression to shrink file sizes
• Import and export LUTs to apply the color adjustments you create to images and video in other apps
• Batch process images using built-in Automator actions
• Effortlessly automate workflows using full-featured AppleScript support
Exceptional Design and Functionality
• The modern, single-window interface of Pixelmator Pro is designed exclusively for working with images on a Mac
• An intuitive and refined design makes image editing easy and accessible, even if you're a complete beginner
• Native dark and light appearances adapt to the light and dark modes of macOS
• A customizable interface lets you organize your creative environment just the way you want
• Choose from workspace presets created for photography, design, illustration, and painting
• A full-featured Photos extension lets you edit images using Pixelmator Pro without ever leaving Photos, saving layered, nondestructive edits directly to your library
Image Editing Enhanced by Machine Learning
• Magically remove objects, recreating image areas with stunning realism using the Repair tool
• Use ML Enhance to intelligently enhance photos with an ML algorithm trained on millions of pro photos
• Increase image resolution with the incredible ML Super Resolution
• Automatically copy the look of one photo to another with ML Match Colors
• Remove image noise and compression artifacts while preserving details using ML Denoise
• Get suggestions for eye-catching crops from ML Crop
• Quickly and easily make accurate selections using the Quick Selection tool
• Edit images in all the most popular image formats, including JPEG, TIFF, PNG, PSD, HEIF, SVG, PDF, GIF, BMP, TGA, WebP and JPEG-2000
• Open and export Photoshop images with layers
• Edit SVG vector images
• Share your images to Photos, Mail, AirDrop, and other locations
Built Exclusively for Mac
Designed exclusively for macOS, Pixelmator Pro supports almost every major macOS feature and integrates seamlessly with macOS Big Sur.
Pixelmator Pro 2.1 Coral adds the ability to automatically crop photos using machine learning, brings a way to quickly fill any layer with a color using the magic of drag and drop, includes a redesigned Paint tool and an improved Type tool, and much more.
ML Crop and Redesigned Crop Tool
• The Crop tool has been redesigned and now features an ML Crop button that provides suggestions for how you could crop your photos to make them more eye-catching.
• The Crop tool will now be much faster with large documents that contain many layers.
• New perspective correction sliders will let you adjust the perspective of images right in the Crop tool.
• The Crop tool now features 7 photographic overlays, such as Rule of Thirds, Golden Ratio, and Golden Spiral.
• The Quick Fill feature adds a way to quickly fill images, shapes, and text layers with a color using the magic of drag and drop.
• You can drag and drop from any color well in the app onto any layer in your image or even onto layers in the Layers sidebar.
• In Format > Image, you'll find a new Fill with Color command that lets you fill layers with color.
• The new color well in the Pixelmator Pro toolbar will now display both your foreground and background colors and let you switch between them.
Stroke with Brush and Redesigned Paint Tool
• The Stroke with Brush feature lets you automatically draw brush strokes along any image layer, shape, or selection, using any brush in your collection.
• You'll see a live preview of your brush stroke as you adjust its basic and advanced settings.
• You can also simulate tablet pressure and set a maximum pressure location for your brush strokes.
• The redesigned Paint tool features an all-new brush browser with the ability to search for brushes by name.
• After changing the settings of a brush, you'll also be able to update the selected preset with just a click.
• The Paint tool now includes a Smoothing feature that will automatically smooth your brush strokes as you paint.
Redesigned Type Tool
• The Type tool has received a makeover and now includes a text size slider, buttons for changing text size in small increments, a text field, and text size presets, bringing a wide variety of ways to resize text.
• The new Advanced Options action pop-up menu makes character spacing, baseline, baseline shift, and ligature options easier to reach.
• The new Spacing section lets you adjust line height and the space before and after paragraphs.
• The new Indents section gives you a way to adjust paragraph indents for the first line and the left and right sides.
• Double-clicking the thumbnail of a text layer will now choose the Type tool.
• Character spacing can now be set much more precisely, with the ability to enter decimal values.
Improvements and Fixes in Pixelmator Pro 2.1.2
• The new Copy Merged command lets you copy your entire layered composition or selected area as one image.
• To use Copy Merged, press the Option-Shift-Command-C keyboard shortcut or reveal the command in the Edit menu by pressing and holding the Option and Shift keys.
• Several image size presets have been updated.
• Pressing a modifier key while the Hand tool is active would cause Pixelmator Pro to stop responding. Fixed.
• When adjusting angle options in the Style tool, using the arrows would reset values. Fixed.
• The layout of path text was incorrect in various situations. Fixed.
Have any feedback about this update or Pixelmator Pro in general? Get in touch with us at email@example.com!
Ratings and Reviews
Pixelmator Pro just keeps getting better and better
I remember when Pixelmator Pro came out and dazzled everyone with it's instantaneous filter affects utilizing the GPU (putting shame on "the" primary image editor at the time), and then a bit later they had a few GUI improvements here and there.
However, in the last year or two something amazing has happened -- they seem to have crossed some knee-of-the-curve for innovation and new features. Every time I turn around, Pixelmator Pro is doing something new, something cool, something better and it's just fantastic. Pixelmator Pro is on the very top of my watch list for what incredible photo editing technology is about to get popular.
Pixelmator Pro doesn't pull punches when it comes to editing photos. It's not generic applications of filters, it's not a set of precanned special effects. From their AI Enhance to non-destructive highly-granular controls for experts, coupled now with automation ... this is a must-have tool for the professional photographer, even if you already have other tools. I'm constantly turning to Pixelmator Pro and it'd got my back every time.
An Excellent Photoshop Replacement
Like many, I have used Photoshop for a very long time—since the early 90s. I was very upset when Adobe switched to a subscription model which I thought was expensive, and started to look for a replacement. I had dabbled with Pixelmator a few years ago but was able to keep Photoshop CS5 going on my Mac and was able to stick with it, even as far as Mojave. But then a few months ago, Photoshop finally started to crash every time I launched it and I was unable to use it anymore. I tried Affinity Photo after having read good reviews, and it is a powerful program, but the User Interface and commands are too different from Photoshop and the learning curve was too steep for me. So I gave Pixelmator a second look and was pleased to find that the UI and commands were quite intuitive and more similar to Photoshop. I highly recommend this app: it fulfills all my needs and the price is right. It's easy to use and works great. You can't go wrong with this. I highly recommend it.
A Possible Photoshop Killer?
I’m always trying to find a replacement for Photoshop. Contributing to Adobe’s bottom line year after year is rather expensive. Pixelmator Pro, on the other hand, is reasonably priced and quickly becoming a viable replacement option for Photoshop, at least for the typical photo enthusiast. It has a very intuitive interface tailored for the Mac. I’ve found everything I usually use in Photoshop to be buried somewhere in Pixelmator Pro.
I particularly like the toolbar that provides so many options up front where they are readily accessible. I found the selection tools easy to use and surprisingly sophisticated. I did have to get familiar with the app’s work layout, which is different from Photoshop, but it only took a few working sessions with the app to become comfortable with the placement and location of the various tools and menu options.
A user manual is available online and covers a wide range of information. The only thing the manual could use is a detailed index, which should not be too difficult to produce.
I must commend the team that created this wonderful image editing application. As they keep adding new features in the future, Pixelmator Pro will serve as a competent alternative to Photoshop, providing the company doesn’t abandon a reasonable purchase price and shackle the app with a monthly/yearly subscription fee.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- UAB Pixelmator Team
- 342.4 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires macOS 10.14.4 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2017-2021 Pixelmator Team
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.