Pixelmator Pro is an incredibly powerful, beautiful, and easy to use image editor designed exclusively for Mac.
With a wide range of professional-grade, nondestructive image editing tools, Pixelmator Pro lets you bring out the best in your photos, create gorgeous compositions and designs, draw, paint, apply stunning effects, design beautiful text, and edit images in just about any way you can imagine. And thanks to its intuitive and accessible design, Pixelmator Pro is delightfully easy to use — whether you’re just starting out with image editing or you’re a seasoned pro.
Exceptional Design and Functionality
• The modern, single-window interface of Pixelmator Pro is designed exclusively for working with images on a Mac
• An intuitive and refined design makes image editing easy and accessible, even if you're a complete beginner
• Native dark and light appearances adapt to the light and dark modes of macOS
• A customizable interface lets you organize your creative environment just the way you want
• Choose from workspace presets created for photography, design, illustration, and painting
• A full-featured Photos extension lets you edit images using Pixelmator Pro without ever leaving Photos, saving layered, nondestructive edits directly to your library
• Enhance your existing images and create new ones using every image editing tool you could ever need
• Edit nondestructively, adjusting individual changes whenever you like
• Easily move, resize, and arrange objects to create stunning compositions
• Adjust colors with a collection of nondestructive, machine learning-powered color adjustments
• Enjoy superior support for RAW files, editing RAW images using all their extended range data
• Create digital or traditional paintings using handcrafted, fully-customizable, dual-texture brushes with full support for digital graphics tablets
• Combine the built-in effects to create any artistic or special effects you can imagine
• Save adjustment, effect, and layer style combinations as presets, use them in any of your images, and share them with others
• Speed up image editing with hundreds of presets for color adjustments, effects, layer styles, and shapes
• Magically remove small imperfections or entire objects, seamlessly clone parts of your photos, and lighten or darken precise areas using a full set of retouching tools
• Use the reshaping tools to easily change the shape of any object or area in your images
• Add customizable vector graphics designed by the Pixelmator Team
• Create your own vector graphics using the Pen tool
• Easily design great-looking text with a full set of typography tools
• Quickly create curved, circular, and path text
• Optimize and save your images for the web, using advanced compression to shrink file sizes
• Batch process images using built-in Automator actions
• Effortlessly automate workflows using full-featured AppleScript support
Image Editing Enhanced by Machine Learning
• Magically remove objects, recreating image areas with stunning realism using the Repair tool
• Use ML Enhance to intelligently enhance photos with a machine learning algorithm trained on millions of professional photos
• Zoom and enhance image resolution with the incredible ML Super Resolution
• Automatically copy the look of one photo to another with ML Match Colors
• Remove image noise and compression artifacts while preserving details using ML Denoise
• Quickly make accurate selections with ease using the Quick Selection tool
• Open and edit images in all the most popular image formats, including JPEG, TIFF, PNG, PSD, HEIF, SVG, PDF, GIF, BMP, TGA, WebP and JPEG-2000
• Open and edit Photoshop images with layers
• Open and edit SVG vector images
• Share your images to Photos, Mail, AirDrop, and other locations
Built Exclusively for Mac
Designed exclusively for macOS, Pixelmator Pro supports almost every major macOS feature and integrates seamlessly with macOS Big Sur.
Pixelmator Pro 2.0.1 brings a new Favorites preset collection to the Styles, Color Adjustments, and Effects tools, adds the ability to pin the histogram to the top of the Tool Options pane, and includes a few other improvements and fixes.
• The Styles, Color Adjustments, and Effects tools now have a Favorites preset collection where you can add your favorite presets.
• You can now pin the histogram to the top of the Tool Options pane – find the new option by clicking Customize at the bottom of the Tool Options pane.
• Pressing and holding the Grave accent (`) key while using the Paint tool will now let you temporarily erase using your currently selected brush.
• Gridlines can now be placed at intervals with decimal values.
• Pressing the Shift-P keyboard shortcut will now cycle between the Pen and Freeform Pen tools and pressing P will select the last used pen tool.
• Pressing the Shift-U keyboard shortcut will now cycle between every shape tool and pressing U will select the last used shape tool.
• The Type tool’s presets have an updated appearance on macOS 11.
• The Auto-Center option will be remembered for all new documents.
• Whether presets are visible or hidden will now be remembered for new documents.
• Path text layers will now be flipped and rotated around the center of the path rather than the text layer.
• Document preset names will now be displayed in multiple lines if they do not fit into one.
• A new “select color range” command has been added to the Pixelmator Pro scripting dictionary.
• The smart alignment guides would not always appear correctly in certain situations. Fixed.
• On M1 Macs, images would appear transparent if the document was not edited for some time. Fixed.
• The underline and outline text styles would not be applied when selected from the shortcut menu. Fixed.
• After deleting all the text in a text line and starting to write again, the position of the layer would shift. Fixed.
• When picking colors with the Type tool, these would not be added to recent colors. Fixed.
• It was not possible to use the Arrange tool to size layers using decimal values between 0 and 1. Fixed.
• The underline and outline text styles would not be applied if selected from the canvas shortcut menu. Fixed.
• In the Photos browser, scroll bars would not appear when the system setting for displaying them was set to “Always”. Fixed.
• When pasting layers from the Pixelmator Pro extension into the main app, they would be pasted as documents. Fixed.
• Attempting to rename Crop and Export for Web presets twice in succession would leave the preset name highlighted. Fixed.
• When moving the app between Retina and non-Retina displays, the grid that appears when transforming layers would not be updated correctly. Fixed
• When moving the app between Retina and non-Retina displays while transforming text, making further transformations would result in unexpected changes to the font size. Fixed.
• When moving the app between Retina and non-Retina displays while transforming path text, the path would be scaled incorrectly. Fixed.
Have any feedback about this update or Pixelmator Pro in general? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Pixelmator Pro just keeps getting better and better
I remember when Pixelmator Pro came out and dazzled everyone with it's instantaneous filter affects utilizing the GPU (putting shame on "the" primary image editor at the time), and then a bit later they had a few GUI improvements here and there.
However, in the last year or two something amazing has happened -- they seem to have crossed some knee-of-the-curve for innovation and new features. Every time I turn around, Pixelmator Pro is doing something new, something cool, something better and it's just fantastic. Pixelmator Pro is on the very top of my watch list for what incredible photo editing technology is about to get popular.
Pixelmator Pro doesn't pull punches when it comes to editing photos. It's not generic applications of filters, it's not a set of precanned special effects. From their AI Enhance to non-destructive highly-granular controls for experts, coupled now with automation ... this is a must-have tool for the professional photographer, even if you already have other tools. I'm constantly turning to Pixelmator Pro and it'd got my back every time.
An Excellent Photoshop Replacement
Like many, I have used Photoshop for a very long time—since the early 90s. I was very upset when Adobe switched to a subscription model which I thought was expensive, and started to look for a replacement. I had dabbled with Pixelmator a few years ago but was able to keep Photoshop CS5 going on my Mac and was able to stick with it, even as far as Mojave. But then a few months ago, Photoshop finally started to crash every time I launched it and I was unable to use it anymore. I tried Affinity Photo after having read good reviews, and it is a powerful program, but the User Interface and commands are too different from Photoshop and the learning curve was too steep for me. So I gave Pixelmator a second look and was pleased to find that the UI and commands were quite intuitive and more similar to Photoshop. I highly recommend this app: it fulfills all my needs and the price is right. It's easy to use and works great. You can't go wrong with this. I highly recommend it.
Good Value for the price
To start, this doesn't do everything that Photoshop or Affinity Photo does, so it can't always be a full replacement. It doesn't do blend options with source and target layer ranges, for example. It's missing lab mode, it's missing tone mapping (that would be the one thing I am missing the most)... But the thing is, for many tasks, those things are not needed, and especially for the price the filters that were implemented and the UI work really well.
I like the color controls, which are very intuitive, and the curves / levels dialog works well too.
It could use a few more filters for light leaks (or at least let me change the color), to make images look grungy/dusty and apply bokehs, as well as the ability to use my own images for this to overlay. A good effect to add lens flare would also be useful.
- UAB Pixelmator Team
- 223.4 MB
- Graphics & Design
macOS 10.14.4 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2017-2020 Pixelmator Team
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.