Pixelmator Pro is an incredibly powerful, beautiful, and easy to use image editor designed exclusively for Mac.
With a wide range of professional-grade, nondestructive image editing tools, Pixelmator Pro lets you bring out the best in your photos, create gorgeous compositions and designs, draw, paint, apply stunning effects, design beautiful text, and edit images in just about any way you can imagine. And thanks to its intuitive and accessible design, Pixelmator Pro is delightfully easy to use — whether you’re just starting out with image editing or you’re a seasoned pro.
Exceptional Design and Functionality
• The modern, single-window interface of Pixelmator Pro is designed exclusively for working with images on a Mac
• An intuitive and refined design makes image editing easy and accessible, even if you're a complete beginner
• Native dark and light appearances adapt to the light and dark modes of macOS
• A customizable interface lets you organize your creative environment just the way you want
• Choose from workspace presets created for photography, design, illustration, and painting
• A full-featured Photos extension lets you edit images using Pixelmator Pro without ever leaving Photos, saving layered, nondestructive edits directly to your library
• Enhance your existing images and create new ones using every image editing tool you could ever need
• Edit nondestructively, adjusting individual changes whenever you like
• Easily move, resize, and arrange objects to create stunning compositions
• Adjust colors with a collection of nondestructive, machine learning-powered color adjustments
• Enjoy superior support for RAW files, editing RAW images using all their extended range data
• Create digital or traditional paintings using handcrafted, fully-customizable, dual-texture brushes with full support for digital graphics tablets
• Combine the built-in effects to create any artistic or special effects you can imagine
• Save adjustment, effect, and layer style combinations as presets, use them in any of your images, and share them with others
• Speed up image editing with hundreds of presets for color adjustments, effects, layer styles, and shapes
• Magically remove small imperfections or entire objects, seamlessly clone parts of your photos, and lighten or darken precise areas using a full set of retouching tools
• Use the reshaping tools to easily change the shape of any object or area in your images
• Add customizable vector graphics designed by the Pixelmator Team
• Create your own vector graphics using the Pen tool
• Easily design great-looking text with a full set of typography tools
• Quickly create curved, circular, and path text
• Optimize and save your images for the web, using advanced compression to shrink file sizes
• Batch process images using built-in Automator actions
• Effortlessly automate workflows using full-featured AppleScript support
Image Editing Enhanced by Machine Learning
• Magically remove objects, recreating image areas with stunning realism using the Repair tool
• Use ML Enhance to intelligently enhance photos with a machine learning algorithm trained on millions of professional photos
• Zoom and enhance image resolution with the incredible ML Super Resolution
• Automatically copy the look of one photo to another with ML Match Colors
• Remove image noise and compression artifacts while preserving details using ML Denoise
• Quickly make accurate selections with ease using the Quick Selection tool
• Open and edit images in all the most popular image formats, including JPEG, TIFF, PNG, PSD, HEIF, SVG, PDF, GIF, BMP, TGA, WebP and JPEG-2000
• Open and edit Photoshop images with layers
• Open and edit SVG vector images
• Share your images to Photos, Mail, AirDrop, and other locations
Built Exclusively for Mac
Designed exclusively for macOS, Pixelmator Pro supports almost every major macOS feature and integrates seamlessly with macOS Big Sur.
Pixelmator Pro 2.0 is the biggest update to Pixelmator Pro yet. It brings an all-new, even more refined design, support for M1-powered Macs and macOS Big Sur, workspaces and full interface customization, over 200 new color adjustment, effect, layer style, shape, and gradient presets, and a whole lot more.
• Enjoy a new, more refined, and more modern Mac-native design.
• Almost every part of the Pixelmator Pro interface has been meticulously fine-tuned and refreshed to make it even more intuitive.
• The gorgeous new Effects browser makes it easier than ever to find and apply effects, featuring live effect previews and instant search.
• Full interface customization lets you customize Pixelmator Pro in any way you like.
• Choose from four new workspace presets for photography, design, illustration, and painting.
• The new, more compact presets browser makes it easier to browse and apply color adjustment, effect, layer style, and shape presets.
• Thanks to preset collections, you can now group related presets and even share collections with others.
Apple M1 Chip
• Native support for the incredible new M1 chip lets you take full advantage of the power of all the new M1-powered devices.
• Thanks to its entirely Metal-powered editing engine, Pixelmator Pro can use the unified memory architecture of M1 to greatly speed up image editing.
• With a dedicated Neural Engine in the M1 chip, the Core ML-powered features of Pixelmator Pro will see huge performance boosts of up to a staggering 15 times.
• Pixelmator Pro 2.0 is a Universal app, so it runs natively on both M1 and Intel-based Mac computers.
• Pixelmator Pro is now fully compatible with macOS Big Sur.
• A beautiful new app icon makes Pixelmator Pro feel right at home in your Dock.
• The new unified toolbar, new-look icons, and all-new native controls make Pixelmator Pro a truly native macOS 11 app.
• Quickly zoom your images in and out using the new Zoom slider in the unified toolbar.
Over 200 New Presets
• With over 200 new color adjustment, effect, layer style, gradient, and shape presets, it’s now even easier to make your photos look great and create gorgeous designs and illustrations.
• Find 7 new color adjustment preset collections, including Cinematic, Modern Films, Vintage, and Urban.
• 8 new effect preset collections showcase the power of the effects in Pixelmator Pro.
• Speed up creating designs with beautiful new shape collections like Nature, Science, Education, and more.
• A range of beautiful new layer style and gradient presets will make your text, shapes, and illustrations look even better.
Workspaces and App Customization
• Full app customization gives you complete freedom to customize the position of the Pixelmator Pro Tools and Layers sidebars, the buttons in the new unified toolbar, and the list of visible tools.
• Five workspace presets are included: Default, Photography, Illustration, Design, and Painting.
• Change the position of the Tools sidebar, the Layers sidebar, and the tool list, saving your favorite workspace layouts as presets.
• Customize the Pixelmator Pro toolbar, adding handy new controls like Document Info and the new zoom slider.
• Choose which tools you’d like to see in the tool list, keeping your favorites always at hand – find all the new customization options in the View menu.
Improvements and Fixes
• A Hand tool for scrolling images is now available – its keyboard shortcut is the H key.
• The Clone tool can now be selected using the O keyboard shortcut.
• The Custom Shape tool has been renamed to Shape, it has a new shape browser, and can be selected using the U keyboard shortcut.
• Auto Select can now be customized to select layers instead of groups.
• EDR Mode is now supported on all displays that have the ability to display extended dynamic range data.
• And much more.
Have any feedback about this update or Pixelmator Pro in general? We’d love to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Pixelmator Pro just keeps getting better and better
I remember when Pixelmator Pro came out and dazzled everyone with it's instantaneous filter affects utilizing the GPU (putting shame on "the" primary image editor at the time), and then a bit later they had a few GUI improvements here and there.
However, in the last year or two something amazing has happened -- they seem to have crossed some knee-of-the-curve for innovation and new features. Every time I turn around, Pixelmator Pro is doing something new, something cool, something better and it's just fantastic. Pixelmator Pro is on the very top of my watch list for what incredible photo editing technology is about to get popular.
Pixelmator Pro doesn't pull punches when it comes to editing photos. It's not generic applications of filters, it's not a set of precanned special effects. From their AI Enhance to non-destructive highly-granular controls for experts, coupled now with automation ... this is a must-have tool for the professional photographer, even if you already have other tools. I'm constantly turning to Pixelmator Pro and it'd got my back every time.
An Excellent Photoshop Replacement
Like many, I have used Photoshop for a very long time—since the early 90s. I was very upset when Adobe switched to a subscription model which I thought was expensive, and started to look for a replacement. I had dabbled with Pixelmator a few years ago but was able to keep Photoshop CS5 going on my Mac and was able to stick with it, even as far as Mojave. But then a few months ago, Photoshop finally started to crash every time I launched it and I was unable to use it anymore. I tried Affinity Photo after having read good reviews, and it is a powerful program, but the User Interface and commands are too different from Photoshop and the learning curve was too steep for me. So I gave Pixelmator a second look and was pleased to find that the UI and commands were quite intuitive and more similar to Photoshop. I highly recommend this app: it fulfills all my needs and the price is right. It's easy to use and works great. You can't go wrong with this. I highly recommend it.
Good Value for the price
To start, this doesn't do everything that Photoshop or Affinity Photo does, so it can't always be a full replacement. It doesn't do blend options with source and target layer ranges, for example. It's missing lab mode, it's missing tone mapping (that would be the one thing I am missing the most)... But the thing is, for many tasks, those things are not needed, and especially for the price the filters that were implemented and the UI work really well.
I like the color controls, which are very intuitive, and the curves / levels dialog works well too.
It could use a few more filters for light leaks (or at least let me change the color), to make images look grungy/dusty and apply bokehs, as well as the ability to use my own images for this to overlay. A good effect to add lens flare would also be useful.
- UAB Pixelmator Team
- 223.3 MB
- Graphics & Design
macOS 10.14.4 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2017-2020 Pixelmator Team
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.