Pixelmator Pro is currently on sale with a huge discount of 50%!
Pixelmator Pro is an incredibly powerful, beautiful, and easy-to-use image editor designed exclusively for Mac.
With over 50 image editing tools, Pixelmator Pro has everything you need to edit photos, draw illustrations, create designs, paint digital paintings, and be creative in just about any way you can imagine. Designed to be the ultimate Mac app, Pixelmator Pro has won multiple awards, including the Mac App of the Year awarded by Apple, and is one of the best-rated apps on the Mac App Store.
Edit and Enhance Photos
• Adjust the colors in your photos in any way you want using a powerful collection of pro-grade color adjustments
• Use machine learning-powered tools to automatically enhance photos, increase resolution, correct white balance, and remove noise
• Magically remove unwanted objects from images using the incredible Repair tool
• Automatically remove the background from images using the AI-powered Remove Background feature
• Quickly make good-looking shots spectacular with over 40 presets that create cinematic, vintage, photographic film, and many other looks
• Enjoy full support for RAW photos from over 600 of the most popular digital cameras
Draw and Illustrate
• Create vector designs using a full set of vector tools, including Pen and Freeform Pen tools
• Speed up creating illustrations with over 70 stylish shapes designed by the Pixelmator Team
• Add customizable Smart Shapes to quickly create your custom shapes
• Import and export vector files in SVG format
Create Stunning Designs
• Harness the full power of layer-based editing to design posters, webpages, apps, or whatever you can imagine
• Quickly and effortlessly lay out and align objects using the intelligent Arrange tool
• Combine any of over 60 versatile, nondestructive effects to develop any artistic or special effects you can imagine
• Customize the look of layers using layers styles, such as Fill, Stroke, Drop Shadow, and Inner Shadow
Sketch and Paint
• Paint digital or traditional paintings with a collection of beautiful, handcrafted dual-texture brushes
• Take advantage of full support for graphics tablets to paint with pressure and tilt sensitivity just like on paper or a real-life canvas
• Enjoy incredibly fast and responsive painting thanks to a cutting-edge painting engine powered by the Metal graphics technology
Design Great-Looking Text
• Add text and customize all its typography features, including font, size, emphasis, alignment, ligatures, spacing, indents, and much more
• Easily create curved and circular text or even type text along the edges of shapes and paths
• Use multicolored and textured SVG fonts in your designs
Machine Learning-Powered Editing
• Pixelmator Pro comes with a wide range of tools powered by machine learning
• Increase the resolution of images without blurriness or pixelation using ML Super Resolution
• Use ML Enhance to intelligently enhance photos with an ML algorithm trained on millions of pro photos
• Remove noise from images with ML Denoise
• Copy the look of different photos with ML Match Colors
• Quickly and easily make accurate selections using the Quick Selection tool
• Get suggestions for eye-catching crops from ML Crop
• Edit images in all the most popular image formats, including JPEG, TIFF, PNG, PSD, HEIF, SVG, PDF, GIF, BMP, TGA, WebP and JPEG-2000
• Open and export Photoshop images with layers
• Share your images to Photos, Mail, AirDrop, and other locations
Built Exclusively for Mac
• Pixelmator Pro is a Universal app that is fully optimized for all M1 Macs, including ones powered by the M1 Pro and M1 Max chips
• Designed exclusively for macOS, Pixelmator Pro supports almost every major macOS feature and integrates seamlessly with macOS Monterey
• Enjoy support for iCloud Drive, Versions, a full-featured Photos extension, Shortcuts, Light and Dark Modes, Split View, AppleScript, Apple Pencil, and more
Pixelmator Pro 2.3 Abracadabra brings AI-powered automatic background removal, automatic subject selection, a Select & Mask tool for making advanced selections, and much more.
Magic Background Eraser
• Use the new Remove Background feature to automatically remove the background from any image with just a click.
• Find this new feature in the Pixelmator Pro toolbar, the Edit menu, by pressing the Shift-Backspace keyboard shortcut, by pressing and holding the Command key when dragging and dropping images into Pixelmator Pro documents, as a Quick Action in the Finder, and when Control-clicking image layers in the Layers sidebar.
• The new Select Subject feature lets you automatically select the subject of any image – also with just a click.
• Note that this feature works especially well on macOS 12 and devices powered by the M1 chip.
Select and Mask Tool
• Thanks to the new Select and Mask tool, you can now make advanced selections of challenging image areas – like hair or fur – with ease.
• In the Select and Mask tool, you'll find a redesigned Smart Refine feature that turns rough selections into accurate ones automatically.
• When using the Select and Mask tool, you'll also find a Refine Edge Brush that intelligently makes accurate selections of edge areas.
• To see your selection in more detail, you can try different selection overlays, like On Red, On White, or Black and White.
• Once you've refined your selection, choose to output it to a selection, a mask, a new layer, or a new layer with a mask.
• In addition to the Select and Mask tool for refining and creating selections, we've added a Refine Mask tool for refining and creating masks.
• Find this tool in Format > Mask > Refine Mask or by Control-clicking masked layers in the Layers sidebar.
• Use the Decontaminate Colors feature to remove any traces of the previous background from the edges of objects.
• When removing backgrounds, colors are decontaminated automatically, but you'll also find this feature in Format > Image.
• The Pixelmator Pro actions in the Shortcuts app have been updated to be able to remove backgrounds and create subject masks from any image (not just portrait images).
• The Remove Background, Select Subject, Smart Refine, and Decontaminate Colors features are now scriptable with AppleScript.
• The Export dialog now features an option to export images at custom sizes and scale factors.
• The last-used export location will now be remembered app-wide rather than for each document.
Have any feedback about this update or Pixelmator Pro in general? Drop us a line at email@example.com!
Ratings and Reviews
Pixelmator Pro just keeps getting better and better
I remember when Pixelmator Pro came out and dazzled everyone with it's instantaneous filter affects utilizing the GPU (putting shame on "the" primary image editor at the time), and then a bit later they had a few GUI improvements here and there.
However, in the last year or two something amazing has happened -- they seem to have crossed some knee-of-the-curve for innovation and new features. Every time I turn around, Pixelmator Pro is doing something new, something cool, something better and it's just fantastic. Pixelmator Pro is on the very top of my watch list for what incredible photo editing technology is about to get popular.
Pixelmator Pro doesn't pull punches when it comes to editing photos. It's not generic applications of filters, it's not a set of precanned special effects. From their AI Enhance to non-destructive highly-granular controls for experts, coupled now with automation ... this is a must-have tool for the professional photographer, even if you already have other tools. I'm constantly turning to Pixelmator Pro and it'd got my back every time.
An Excellent Photoshop Replacement
Like many, I have used Photoshop for a very long time—since the early 90s. I was very upset when Adobe switched to a subscription model which I thought was expensive, and started to look for a replacement. I had dabbled with Pixelmator a few years ago but was able to keep Photoshop CS5 going on my Mac and was able to stick with it, even as far as Mojave. But then a few months ago, Photoshop finally started to crash every time I launched it and I was unable to use it anymore. I tried Affinity Photo after having read good reviews, and it is a powerful program, but the User Interface and commands are too different from Photoshop and the learning curve was too steep for me. So I gave Pixelmator a second look and was pleased to find that the UI and commands were quite intuitive and more similar to Photoshop. I highly recommend this app: it fulfills all my needs and the price is right. It's easy to use and works great. You can't go wrong with this. I highly recommend it.
A Possible Photoshop Killer?
I’m always trying to find a replacement for Photoshop. Contributing to Adobe’s bottom line year after year is rather expensive. Pixelmator Pro, on the other hand, is reasonably priced and quickly becoming a viable replacement option for Photoshop, at least for the typical photo enthusiast. It has a very intuitive interface tailored for the Mac. I’ve found everything I usually use in Photoshop to be buried somewhere in Pixelmator Pro.
I particularly like the toolbar that provides so many options up front where they are readily accessible. I found the selection tools easy to use and surprisingly sophisticated. I did have to get familiar with the app’s work layout, which is different from Photoshop, but it only took a few working sessions with the app to become comfortable with the placement and location of the various tools and menu options.
A user manual is available online and covers a wide range of information. The only thing the manual could use is a detailed index, which should not be too difficult to produce.
I must commend the team that created this wonderful image editing application. As they keep adding new features in the future, Pixelmator Pro will serve as a competent alternative to Photoshop, providing the company doesn’t abandon a reasonable purchase price and shackle the app with a monthly/yearly subscription fee.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- UAB Pixelmator Team
- 433.4 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2017-2021 Pixelmator Team
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.