Pixelmator 3.8.5 brings a few more improvements and fixes.
• The palettes will now be shown only when a document window has focus and be hidden in almost all other cases.
• The palettes and windows would occasionally flicker. Fixed.
• When restoring documents or opening Pixelmator by dropping images onto the app icon in the Dock, the Welcome window would be displayed when it shouldn’t. Fixed.
• It was possible to open multiple Open dialogs. Fixed.
• It was possible to open both the Welcome window and the Open dialog. Fixed.
• Clicking certain areas of the Open dialog would not bring it in front of other windows. Fixed.
• The palettes would appear together with the Open dialog after choosing to open an existing image in the Welcome window. Fixed.
• The palettes wouldn’t appear automatically when opening or restoring files. Fixed.
• The Import window would sometimes be white. Fixed.
• The position of the Clone Stamp tool’s source crosshair would sometimes be incorrect. Fixed.
• With no open document, clicking the Pixelmator icon in the Dock would not show the Welcome window. Fixed.
• The Pixelmator > Services menu would not be dimmed when the Trial window was visible. Fixed.
Have any feedback about this update or Pixelmator in general? We’d love to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Ratings and Reviews
Please, please, please make the interface available in black print on white background!! I love this app, but it is so frustrating to use. I cannot see what I need to see. Not all of the users are young people with no vision issues! Everything is SOOOOOO small that I need magnifers to use the app. I have to go through all sorts of “contortions” to view layers because the pictures are too small. I cannot see the guides to adjust the size of an object. It does everyting I wanted - and more- but it is exhausting for me to use. I get tired and give up on it many times. Can you PLEASE help us senior citizens out and improve the interface? We need LARGE and EASY TO READ!
Software is okay, business strategy is deceptive
I like pixelmator. I use it a lot. I would give it 4 stars. However, I bought it right after Pro had come out (or right before) and from that point until today they have not made a significant effort to make it clear to people that this is the old app being phased out. Now, since it’s app store only, I can’t even get a upgrade discount to get Pro, I have to pay for twice the price of Pixelmator all over again if I want Pro - which I would have just bought in the first place if the makers tried to inform new purchasers-to-be about Pro taking up the mantle. Great, they’ll keep it updated so it doesn’t break for a few months to years. It’s obviously not where the focus is, though if you look at the app store you would have to specifically make sure to check other software by Pixelmator to see they had Pro out on discount. It’s a bad business practice and it has hurt my goodwill towards the company; in the future I will look elsewhere or return to adobe, because I am not giving them another $60 because of app store deception.
Lacks some essentials
I like to create artwork rom scratch and have all of the major programs (like Phosotshop, Illustrator, Painter, Sketchbook Pro and Pixelmator). I like the simplicity of the Pixelmator interface (unlike the unintuitive and exhaustive Photoshop user interface), but Pixelmator lacks 2 VERY essential tools: a decent airbrush tool and a way to create a mask (frisket) to airbrush into “clean areas” (think traditional airbrush work using cut frisket film). Photoshop makes this cumbersome and while Sketchbook Pro is perhaps the most natural and “lifelike” product to use, it also lacks a way to create a “frisket” or mask (Painter was once a decent program but has gone the route of Photoshop and has so many features it requires classes to use). Pixelmator has promise, but needs to add these essential features. I will also say the folks at Pixelmator respond to questions and I am rooting for them to create a new version for artists (and some new tutorials).
- UAB Pixelmator Team
- 112.2 MB
- Graphics & Design
macOS 10.12 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2007-2019 Pixelmator Team
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.