Pixelmator is a powerful, full-featured, layer-based image editor that lets you add shapes, images, and text to create beautiful image compositions, touch up and enhance images, sketch, and paint on iPad and iPhone alike.
Designed exclusively for iOS and iPadOS, Pixelmator takes full advantage of the latest iOS and iPadOS 16 features and technologies, giving you innovative, fast, and powerful tools.
Create Eye-Catching Designs
- Combine words, shapes, and images to create breathtaking artwork right on your iPhone and iPad
- Apply non-destructive layer styles like shadows, outlines, gradient fills, and more
- Insert, group, and blend layers of an image
- Easily add, combine, and customize shapes
- Blend layers, shapes, and text using any of the blending modes
- Use precise selection tools to edit areas of an image
- Automatically select subjects in images with the machine learning-powered Select Subject
- Crop, arrange, and rotate objects and layers with pixel-perfect precision
- Easily remove the background of images or cut and paste objects from one image to another
Add Shapes and Text
- Create flyers, logos, and other compositions using vector shapes and their styling options
- Customize Smart Shapes with easy-to-use controls
- Add text and make it look gorgeous with 24 pre-designed text styles
- Change the font, size, alignment, line spacing, use custom fonts, and more
Paint and Sketch
- Paint stunning images right on your iPhone and iPad
- Choose from over artist-designed brushes and numerous painting techniques
- Paint with near-natural wetness effect of watercolor and crayon brushes
- Create stunning pixel art images with the custom-designed Pixel brush
- Paint with incredible detail thanks to the double texture brush technology
- Vary the speed of your stroke to change the thickness of some of the brushes
- Easily select and fine-tune colors with a full-featured color picker
- Instantly choose colors right from your image with the Eyedropper
- Paint more naturally than ever with the Apple Pencil, featuring palm rejection, pressure, tilt, and acceleration sensitivity
Edit and Enhance Photos
- Get started with dozens of beautifully designed templates
- Instantly improve your photos with single-tap color presets
- Take full control over the tonal range of your image with levels and curves
- Easily remove color casts and set the right white balance
- Wipe away image imperfections, skin blemishes, and unwanted objects with the Repair tool
- Duplicate areas of your image with the easy-to-use Clone tool
- Pinch, bump, twirl, or warp areas of an image with powerful, Metal-based Distort tools
- Blur, sharpen, lighten, or darken areas of an image
- Choose from dozens of breathtaking effects to subtly improve or completely change the look of an image
- Open and edit images of up to 256 megapixels
Export and Share Images
- Optimize images for the web using quality, color depth, and size settings
- Export images to Files, iCloud, or open in other apps using a file format of your choice
- Using the integrated share extension, easily share your artwork with friends and family using Mail, AirDrop, or post it to social platforms like Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook
- Open and save images using HEIF, JPEG, PNG, and TIFF formats
- Work with multilayered Pixelmator Pro and Adobe Photoshop documents
- Save your edited images directly to Photos
- Create, edit, and keep all your images up to date on all your devices thanks to iCloud support
- External keyboard support with over 70 keyboard shortcuts
Built for iPhone and iPad
- Pixelmator is meticulously thought through and created from the ground up for iPhone and iPad devices
- Designed to take full advantage of powerful iOS and iPadOS features and technologies — iCloud Drive, Photos extension, Split View, and more
- Thanks to Apple silicon, Metal, Core Image, and Core Animation, Pixelmator delivers state-of-the-art performance and real-time responsiveness
Pixelmator 2.9 introduces an all-new Recent Files & Photos browser, bringing a new way to create new documents and browse your recent ones. The update also adds a collection of new templates for creating social media posts, posters, cards, and more.
• The new Recent Files & Photos browser lets you easily view and browse your recent documents and photos in a simpler new way.
• Swipe across the thumbnails in the new browser to see more recent files and photos, or tap See All to view them all.
• In the browser, touch and hold document thumbnails to see larger file or photo previews, and find additional options for opening documents in their original location, renaming, duplicating, sharing, or removing them from your device.
• To create new documents, open existing documents from iCloud or your iPad, or open images from Photos, use the New Document, Files, and Photos buttons in the toolbar.
• Enjoy 20 new templates for things like social media stories, cards, and posters, with placeholder text and images you can easily replace with your own content.
• Easily switch between Files and Recent Files & Photos browsers by tapping the gear icon in the toolbar and choosing a browser.
Fixes and Improvements in Version 2.9.2
• Document thumbnails and image previews in the Recent Files & Photos browser now look sharper and clearer.
• In the Recent Files & Photos browser, you can press and hold recent photos to copy, share, or delete them.
• Sometimes, the opening and closing animations of documents would be displayed incorrectly. Fixed.
Have any feedback about this update or Pixelmator in general? Let us know at email@example.com!
Ratings and Reviews
Pixelmator sets a new standard for photo editing on iPhone and iPad with a suite of staggeringly powerful tools. Combining gorgeous templates, intuitive touch-screen controls, and completely customizable effects, this full-featured editor is in a class all its own. Plus, with seamless syncing using iCloud Drive, it doesn’t matter where the project was started—you can keep editing on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac.
Can we get a Isometric Drawing Guide (Please)
This feature is available in others but I think it would be useful for drawing 3D scenes, and such. Thank you so much, this app is ultimately amazing, some say the new UI is terrible but I disagree because it’s looks more modern and similar to Apple. I hope you implement my suggestion, because I have this and I was sad I had to use other apps such as: Inkscape to make isometric, which not only hard and difficult I feel that you could find a way to do it. Snap to the grid where when you draw the lines would snap to the isometric grid until you disable it, this would be important too. Please do this, overall 10/10.
Full stack mobile app
Pixelmator for the iPhone is amazing and all, but it lacks a couple basic features;
Canva rotation: canva rotation feature is a necessity for me personally and others my agree.
Clip masks & layer mask: been using the app for a while (not up to a month) and I’ve noticed it last masking ability or maybe I’ve not been able to figure it out 🤷♂️.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- UAB Pixelmator Team
- 522.9 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Pixelmator Team
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.