Pixelmator is a powerful, full-featured, layer-based image editor that lets you add shapes, images, and text to create beautiful image compositions, touch up and enhance images, sketch, and paint on iPad and iPhone alike.
Designed exclusively for iOS and iPadOS, Pixelmator takes full advantage of the latest iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 features and technologies, giving you innovative, fast, and powerful tools.
Create Eye-Catching Designs
• Combine words, shapes, and images to create breathtaking artwork right on your iPhone and iPad
• Apply non-destructive layer styles like shadows, outlines, gradient fills, and more
• Insert, group, merge, and blend layers of an image
• Easily add, combine, and customize shapes
• Blend layers, shapes, and text using any of 32 blending modes
• Use precise selection tools to edit areas of an image
• Crop, arrange, and rotate objects and layers with pixel-perfect precision
• Easily remove the background of images or cut and paste objects from one image to another
Add Shapes and Text
• Create flyers, logos, and other compositions using vector shapes and their styling options
• Customize Smart Shapes with easy-to-use controls
• Add text and make it look gorgeous with 24 pre-designed text styles
• Change the font, size, alignment, line spacing, use custom fonts, and more
Paint and Sketch
• Paint stunning images right on your iPhone and iPad
• Choose from over a 100 artist-designed brushes and numerous painting techniques
• Paint with near-natural wetness effect of watercolor and crayon brushes
• Create stunning pixel art images with the custom-designed Pixel brush
• Paint with incredible detail thanks to the double texture brush technology
• Vary the speed of your stroke to change the thickness of some of the brushes
• Easily select and fine-tune colors with a full-featured color picker
• Instantly choose colors right from your image with the Eyedropper
• Paint more naturally than ever with the Apple Pencil, featuring palm rejection, pressure, tilt, and acceleration sensitivity
• Enjoy perfectly seamless painting thanks to the Metal-powered paint engine
Edit and Enhance Photos
• Get started with dozens of beautifully designed templates
• Instantly improve your photos with single-tap color presets
• Take full control over the tonal range of your image with levels and curves
• Easily remove color casts and set the right white balance
• Wipe away image imperfections, skin blemishes, and unwanted objects with the Repair tool
• Duplicate areas of your image with the easy-to-use Clone tool
• Pinch, bump, twirl, or warp areas of an image with powerful, Metal-based Distort tools
• Blur, sharpen, lighten, or darken areas of an image
• Choose from dozens of breathtaking effects to subtly improve or completely change the look of an image
• Open and edit images of up to 256 megapixels
Export and Share Images
• Optimize images for the web using quality, color depth, and size settings
• Export images to Files, iCloud, or open in other apps using a file format of your choice
• Using the integrated share extension, easily share your artwork with friends and family using Mail, AirDrop, or post it to social platforms like Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook
• Open and save images using HEIF, JPEG, PNG, and TIFF formats
• Work with multilayered Pixelmator Pro and Adobe Photoshop documents
• Save your edited images directly to Photos
• Create, edit, and keep all your images up to date on all your devices thanks to iCloud support
• External keyboard support with over 70 keyboard shortcuts
Built for iPhone and iPad
• Pixelmator is meticulously thought through and created from the ground up for iPhone and iPad devices
• Designed to take full advantage of powerful iOS and iPadOS features and technologies — iCloud Drive, Photos extension, Split View, and more
• Thanks to Apple silicon, Metal, Core Image, and Core Animation, Pixelmator delivers state-of-the-art performance and real-time responsiveness
Pixelmator 2.7.4 for iOS adds a few improvements and fixes for the brush-based tools.
• Pixelmator will now show numeric values for size, opacity, and strength when working with brush-based tools.
• When selecting brushes using the Paint or Erase tools, their size and opacity settings will always be reset to default.
• The Repair tool would not repair outside the edges of an image. Fixed.
Have any feedback about this update or Pixelmator for iOS in general? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Ratings and Reviews
Pixelmator sets a new standard for photo editing on iPhone and iPad with a suite of staggeringly powerful tools. Combining gorgeous templates, intuitive touch-screen controls, and completely customizable effects, this full-featured editor is in a class all its own. Plus, with seamless syncing using iCloud Drive, it doesn’t matter where the project was started—you can keep editing on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac.
Still fantastic, but with some clunky UI
I have been making edits with this app for several years and I love it! But recent changes have made the tools a bit harder to use, for me. The buttons are now a selection of wide buttons that take up basically the entire width of the tools window (on iPhone), which makes it annoying to quickly go back-and-forth between actions. My suggestion is to maybe offer an option to condense the bottoms to just the symbols, side-by-side. That way you can still recognize each tool while quickly having access to it all on the fly!
The other minor annoyance I have is the top options no longer hide when you tap on it. I frequently used this feature to see exactly how my images look as wallpapers. Now I’d have to export the image before knowing exactly how it’ll turn out. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Besides those issues, I love this app and will continue to use it for the foreseeable future!
Necessary features are missing.
The app is ok for quick sketches but that’s about it. As a graphic designer I need to do things on the fly and find myself frustrated with the features this app lacks. Many times I jump to this app to quickly put something together as a semi mock-up for clients. Simple features the app lacks are essential to anyone who does graphic work. A few missing features are skew & free transform. The distortion features in the app are pretty worthless imo. If I have a logo and need to add simple text I am unable to skew or italicize the text to fit image angles properly. This is a simple function that can be added to the text options/features. There needs to be a angle or skew tab in there to angle the text slant in a positive or negative direction.
My second major issue is the same thing with images or object layers. There should be a free transform option or a skew or slant feature to grab individual points of an object to allow for easy manipulation. Or to be able to move only 2 points and adjust the angle/slant of any objects to add alternate perspective to the image objects.
If the app had those two features added I would give it 5 stars. There are some great features. But the app itself is very limiting with essential functions that limit the user.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- UAB Pixelmator Team
- 177.6 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Pixelmator Team
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.