Pixelmator is a powerful, full-featured, layer-based image editor that lets you add shapes, images, and text to create beautiful image compositions, touch up and enhance images, sketch, and paint on iPad and iPhone alike.
Designed exclusively for iOS and iPadOS, Pixelmator takes full advantage of the latest iOS and iPadOS 17 features and technologies, giving you innovative, fast, and powerful tools.
Create Eye-Catching Designs
- Combine words, shapes, and images to create breathtaking artwork right on your iPhone and iPad
- Apply non-destructive layer styles like shadows, outlines, gradient fills, and more
- Insert, group, and blend layers of an image
- Easily add, combine, and customize shapes
- Blend layers, shapes, and text using any of the blending modes
- Use precise selection tools to edit areas of an image
- Automatically select subjects in images with the machine learning-powered Select Subject
- Crop, arrange, and rotate objects and layers with pixel-perfect precision
- Easily remove the background of images or cut and paste objects from one image to another
Add Shapes and Text
- Create flyers, logos, and other compositions using vector shapes and their styling options
- Customize Smart Shapes with easy-to-use controls
- Add text and make it look gorgeous with 24 pre-designed text styles
- Change the font, size, alignment, line spacing, use custom fonts, and more
Paint and Sketch
- Paint stunning images right on your iPhone and iPad
- Choose from over artist-designed brushes and numerous painting techniques
- Paint with near-natural wetness effect of watercolor and crayon brushes
- Create stunning pixel art images with the custom-designed Pixel brush
- Paint with incredible detail thanks to the double texture brush technology
- Vary the speed of your stroke to change the thickness of some of the brushes
- Easily select and fine-tune colors with a full-featured color picker
- Instantly choose colors right from your image with the Eyedropper
- Paint more naturally than ever with the Apple Pencil, featuring palm rejection, pressure, tilt, and acceleration sensitivity
Edit and Enhance Photos
- Get started with dozens of beautifully designed templates
- Instantly improve your photos with single-tap color presets
- Take full control over the tonal range of your image with levels and curves
- Easily remove color casts and set the right white balance
- Wipe away image imperfections, skin blemishes, and unwanted objects with the Repair tool
- Duplicate areas of your image with the easy-to-use Clone tool
- Pinch, bump, twirl, or warp areas of an image with powerful, Metal-based Distort tools
- Blur, sharpen, lighten, or darken areas of an image
- Choose from dozens of breathtaking effects to subtly improve or completely change the look of an image
- Open and edit images of up to 256 megapixels
Export and Share Images
- Optimize images for the web using quality, color depth, and size settings
- Export images to Files, iCloud, or open in other apps using a file format of your choice
- Using the integrated share extension, easily share your artwork with friends and family using Mail, AirDrop, or post it to social platforms like Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook
- Open and save images using HEIF, JPEG, PNG, and TIFF formats
- Work with multilayered Pixelmator Pro and Adobe Photoshop documents
- Save your edited images directly to Photos
- Create, edit, and keep all your images up to date on all your devices thanks to iCloud support
- External keyboard support with over 70 keyboard shortcuts
Built for iPhone and iPad
- Pixelmator is meticulously thought through and created from the ground up for iPhone and iPad devices
- Designed to take full advantage of powerful iOS and iPadOS features and technologies — iCloud Drive, Photos extension, Split View, and more
- Thanks to Apple silicon, Metal, Core Image, and Core Animation, Pixelmator delivers state-of-the-art performance and real-time responsiveness
Pixelmator 3.1.6 adds stability improvements and brings a few other smaller fixes.
Have any feedback about this update or Pixelmator in general? Let us know at email@example.com!
Ratings and Reviews
Pixelmator sets a new standard for photo editing on iPhone and iPad with a suite of staggeringly powerful tools. Combining gorgeous templates, intuitive touch-screen controls, and completely customizable effects, this full-featured editor is in a class all its own. Plus, with seamless syncing using iCloud Drive, it doesn’t matter where the project was started—you can keep editing on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac.
What a great option for those of us on older IPads…
I recently purchased Pixelmator. And let me tell you, this app has been a dream come true! I currently run 4 IPad Air 2’s in my music, film and graphic studio. And there just is not many options out there for those of us running older IPads to edit decently, without having to pay monthly fees, which I have always refused to do on any software! The more I learn how to do on this software, the better and better it appears to be for all of your basic and even some more advanced features! For the price, to features ratio, you simply cannot go wrong. There are ways to do almost everything basic you need to do. Some of the things are a different way than you may be used to. But it all works in the end. After spending about 8 hours so far on the software, I can say, I am very happy with my purchase. The only issue, was how hard this software was to find initially when I was searching options for my situation. Not enough people talk about this software in reviews or articles. I am very happy I discovered Pixelmator!
Had it Forever
My last review has changed after some discussion with the team. But a few things remain to be seen before this rating becomes 5 stars for me.
I found out that I can simply revert my file manager from recent projects to files and photos. This made me feel much better navigating thru my projects. So that bumped up my rating. I would still like to see a “less IOS User Interface”. When you tap a layer and get that pop-up window that you have to painstakingly tap thru to get to the tool you are looking for that happens to be at the very end in the list, that could be reworked. It really slows down the speed of a project. I would like to see a full list of the tools appear upon taping a layer. Kinda like a right click on a desktop. Another great thing to see would be some form of perspective tool like the one native to Apple’s photos app.
Again, as the title states, I have had this photo editing app forever. Its been awesome, and it’s an extremely powerful photo editing app. And there will always be room for improvement and opinions on what will make it better. But hopefully we can see some changes I’ve offered to them, and then I can return here singing their praises.
Developer Response ,
First and foremost, we'd like to thank you for sticking with us for such a long time. We completely understand that the recent issues with stability have been bothersome, but the latest version brings an end to this! In regards to your other findings, we'd definitely like to get a better and more detailed idea of your proposed changes. Would it be possible for you to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know both about the latest version and your suggestions in more detail?
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- UAB Pixelmator Team
- 547 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2024 Pixelmator Team
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.