Pixelmator is a powerful, full-featured, layer-based image editor that lets you add shapes, images, and text to create beautiful image compositions, touch up and enhance images, sketch, and paint on iPad and iPhone alike.
Designed exclusively for iOS and iPadOS, Pixelmator takes full advantage of the latest iOS and iPadOS 16 features and technologies, giving you innovative, fast, and powerful tools.
Create Eye-Catching Designs
- Combine words, shapes, and images to create breathtaking artwork right on your iPhone and iPad
- Apply non-destructive layer styles like shadows, outlines, gradient fills, and more
- Insert, group, and blend layers of an image
- Easily add, combine, and customize shapes
- Blend layers, shapes, and text using any of the blending modes
- Use precise selection tools to edit areas of an image
- Automatically select subjects in images with the machine learning-powered Select Subject
- Crop, arrange, and rotate objects and layers with pixel-perfect precision
- Easily remove the background of images or cut and paste objects from one image to another
Add Shapes and Text
- Create flyers, logos, and other compositions using vector shapes and their styling options
- Customize Smart Shapes with easy-to-use controls
- Add text and make it look gorgeous with 24 pre-designed text styles
- Change the font, size, alignment, line spacing, use custom fonts, and more
Paint and Sketch
- Paint stunning images right on your iPhone and iPad
- Choose from over artist-designed brushes and numerous painting techniques
- Paint with near-natural wetness effect of watercolor and crayon brushes
- Create stunning pixel art images with the custom-designed Pixel brush
- Paint with incredible detail thanks to the double texture brush technology
- Vary the speed of your stroke to change the thickness of some of the brushes
- Easily select and fine-tune colors with a full-featured color picker
- Instantly choose colors right from your image with the Eyedropper
- Paint more naturally than ever with the Apple Pencil, featuring palm rejection, pressure, tilt, and acceleration sensitivity
Edit and Enhance Photos
- Get started with dozens of beautifully designed templates
- Instantly improve your photos with single-tap color presets
- Take full control over the tonal range of your image with levels and curves
- Easily remove color casts and set the right white balance
- Wipe away image imperfections, skin blemishes, and unwanted objects with the Repair tool
- Duplicate areas of your image with the easy-to-use Clone tool
- Pinch, bump, twirl, or warp areas of an image with powerful, Metal-based Distort tools
- Blur, sharpen, lighten, or darken areas of an image
- Choose from dozens of breathtaking effects to subtly improve or completely change the look of an image
- Open and edit images of up to 256 megapixels
Export and Share Images
- Optimize images for the web using quality, color depth, and size settings
- Export images to Files, iCloud, or open in other apps using a file format of your choice
- Using the integrated share extension, easily share your artwork with friends and family using Mail, AirDrop, or post it to social platforms like Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook
- Open and save images using HEIF, JPEG, PNG, and TIFF formats
- Work with multilayered Pixelmator Pro and Adobe Photoshop documents
- Save your edited images directly to Photos
- Create, edit, and keep all your images up to date on all your devices thanks to iCloud support
- External keyboard support with over 70 keyboard shortcuts
Built for iPhone and iPad
- Pixelmator is meticulously thought through and created from the ground up for iPhone and iPad devices
- Designed to take full advantage of powerful iOS and iPadOS features and technologies — iCloud Drive, Photos extension, Split View, and more
- Thanks to Apple silicon, Metal, Core Image, and Core Animation, Pixelmator delivers state-of-the-art performance and real-time responsiveness
Pixelmator 2.8.3 brings a few small fixes – more cool stuff is on the way soon!
Ratings and Reviews
Pixelmator sets a new standard for photo editing on iPhone and iPad with a suite of staggeringly powerful tools. Combining gorgeous templates, intuitive touch-screen controls, and completely customizable effects, this full-featured editor is in a class all its own. Plus, with seamless syncing using iCloud Drive, it doesn’t matter where the project was started—you can keep editing on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac.
Selection features is all this app needs!
Object and background removal
I been using this app since launch and its been my go to editor on iphone for social media. I just wish there were some faster selection methods than erasing the top layer.
Is there anything in the Works for this?
New bugs are making usage a lot harder
This is the best photo editing app I've been able to find, and I've used it for years. But recently, there's some problems, mostly involving layers.
The most annoying to me is that, when I copy and paste something, it often ends up far away from where it was copied from, to the point where it's usually out of the editing area entirely. This can be a real pain if the pasted item is very small.
There's also cases where layers don't respond when selected, previews on the sidebar don't update... these are all fairly recent, they only started happening in the past few months.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- UAB Pixelmator Team
- 297 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Pixelmator Team
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.