Want to geotag your digital camera photos? Have Lightroom Classic?
PixTrack is the Dropbox-syncing GPS tracklogger you need.
1. Tap the Start button.
2. Take your photos. PixTrack tracks your progress.
3. Tap the Stop button. PixTrack automatically uploads your tracklog to Dropbox.
4. Automatically geotag your photos in Lightroom Classic or any other software that uses standard GPX logs.
PixTrack includes handy features:
• To-the-second clock display (to make it easy to sync your clock on your camera)
• Optional notification reminders that it's running, to avoid unnecessarily draining your battery.
• History of your previous trips which syncs with Dropbox. Add GPX files on your computer and view them in PixTrack.
• Retracing your route? Show previous tracklogs, or any GPX file, on the map as you record.
• Don't want to use Dropbox? Logs can also be exported to other apps or iCloud Drive using standard iOS functionality.
• Support for iPad - view synced tracklogs, or if you have a GPS-capable iPad use it instead of your phone to save your phone's battery.
• Support for multiple map providers: Choose from Google, Apple, or OpenStreetMap maps
• Dashboard widget: Easily start and stop PixTrack from your device's search screen
PixTrack is the easiest way to take advantage of the build-in geotagging functionality in today's photo software.
ADOBE LIGHTROOM CLASSIC: STEP-BY-STEP
1. Select the photos you'd like to tag.
Hint: Select All on the latest import works well.
2. Switch to the Map module.
3. Load the tracklog:
Map menu > Tracklog > Load Tracklog...
Your tracklogs are in your Dropbox folder:
Dropbox > Apps > PixTrack
4. After your tracklog is loaded, choose:
Map menu > Tracklog > Auto-Tag Photos
5. That's It!
• Requires Dropbox account for syncing functionality.
• Lightroom tagging requires Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic (version 4/2012 or newer) for Windows or Mac.
• Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
• Assorted maintenance and bugfixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Works great. No friction. Dropbox integrated. Best I've found for Lightroom.
A really good geotagging app that works!
I've used this in several outings - even long trips. Left it running in the background for hours while I go about enjoying my trip and taking photos. One of those trips was actually on a boat and I was very surprised when I checked back hours later that it's still working and tracking my location. It didn't crash on me, not even once, and it sent me a reminder after 3 hours that its still running, in case I've forgotten.
The app sent the info to my Dropbox after I'm done and this was the icing on the cake. It made it very easy to tag my photos once I was on my desk uploading them to my computer.
Fantastic Geotagging Solution
I was so happy to learn that this app was updated! I've tried several other options in the time it was fallow, but none approached PixTrack in simplicity and ease of use. What could be easier than using 3D Touch to start and stop tracking, with automatic Dropbox sync afterward?
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Thinkbitz Software Studio
- 43.6 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 12.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.2 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Copyright Thinkbitz
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.