Place Value is a simplified version of our flagship app ‘Base Ten Blocks Math’. This is designed for educators and parents who want to focus on manipulatives and do not need addition and subtraction in the app. Designed with the input of several expert educators in the U.S. and Canada, this app provides a range of activities for students at all levels and learning needs. This is ideal for Kindergarten, First Grade, Second Grade and Third Grade. Experience interactive manipulatives in your classroom!
Note that we offer the 50% school discount through the Apple Volume Purchase Program for Education.
The following categories of play are all accessible from the home screen:
1) Blank Workspace - Adjust the Block settings and Place Value Chart settings to customize the Workspace. The Workspace is an open canvas. By using the pen tool and the blocks, students can explore problems assigned by the teacher.
2) Representing Numbers - Choose from one of six levels: up to 5, 10, 20, 100, 1000 & 5000. Represent the number provided with blocks. After entering the blocks the screen, click on ‘Check Answer’. If the answer is correct it will move to the next question.
3) Determining Value - Choose from one of six levels: up to 5, 10, 20, 100, 1000 & 5000. Determine the value of the blocks and enter the correct answer.
By adjusting the following settings the teacher (or parent) can modify the learning experience according to their learning objectives.
1) Type of blocks (different colours or uniform colour)
2) Number of blocks shown (show tens and ones, hundreds, thousands)
3) Number of questions per level (10, 25 or unlimited practice)
4) Place value chart (on or off)
5) Reward games (on or off)
*** Support ***
We would love to hear your feedback and suggestions to improve our apps.
Please write to us at email@example.com with any questions.
*** Contact ***
• Facebook: http://facebook.com/TapfunApps
• Twitter: @Tapfun
• Website: http://tapfun.com
*** More about Base Ten Blocks ***
Base ten blocks are a mathematical manipulative used by students to learn basic mathematical concepts including addition, subtraction, number sense, place value and counting. The student can manipulate the digital blocks in different ways to express numbers and patterns. Base ten blocks are popular in elementary school mathematics instruction. They are frequently used in the classroom by teachers to model concepts, as well as by students to reinforce their own understanding of said concepts. Manipulating objects is an important technique used in learning basic mathematic principles, particularly at the early stages of cognitive development.
We have updated this app for iOS 11. Thank you for your support!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.