This app is designed to maximize your Edinburgh Fringe Experience in the time that you are in Edinburgh.
The main purpose is to allow you to enter what shows you would like to see, and give each one a rating for how much you would like to see it. This app will then schedule as many shows during your visit as it can, ensuring your highest-rated shows are included wherever possible.
Your budget, walking speed and other preferences are taken into account during this scheduling, and your schedule can be re-calculated at any time if you discover other shows you would also like to see.
You can Search for Shows, Browse for them or look for Nearby Shows without registering. But if you want to use the app to its fullest you can Register your basic details. This allows your choices to be remembered, and you can use the www.planmyfringe.co.uk website and this app interchangeably with the same Wishlist, Schedule and Preferences.
Once you have Registered, you enter the times of your visit to the Fringe and can change other advanced details.
You can then search for or browse shows, add shows you want to see to your Wishlist, and give them a rating.
There is also now a Recommendations section, that will allow you to received personalised recommendations based on shows on your Wishlist and/or keywords you enter.
Also new for 2018 is a Fringe Trail option, which allows you to easily create a chain of shows you wish to see following on from one another, minimising walking and waiting time between shows. You just choose a starting place and date/time (or an existing scheduled show) and see what's on nearby after, scheduling any shows you want and seeing what is on nearby after that has finished.
Finally you can go to the Schedule, and allow the application to Calculate a Schedule for you, giving priority to your highest rated shows.
You can also
- view your schedule for each day as an animated route schedule on Google Maps
- view nearby shows and make sure they don't interfere with your schedule
- add other shows you become aware of to your Wishlist and let these be slotted in
- select to ignore certain performances
- confirm shows you have booked tickets for, so that the app will not re-calculate these dates
- add non-show calendar items for anything else of interest.
This is an unofficial Edinburgh Fringe application, created by Henson IT Solutions. It uses data provided courtesy of the Edinburgh Festivals Listings API. Although we do our utmost to ensure everything is up-to-date and works smoothly, we cannot accept any liability for any problems caused by use of our services.
Have a Good Fringe!
Improvements to sync with iPhone Calendar.
Please re-calculate and re-sync if you synchronised with your iPhone Calendar previously.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
- Henson IT Solutions Ltd
- 74.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2019 Henson IT Solutions Ltd.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.