Meal planning can save you money on food costs, result in better eating habits, and encourage families to eat together more often. The Plan to Eat app is the perfect tool for making meal planning an unobtrusive part of your daily routine.
Right now, you can try it out for FREE for 30 days, no obligation or credit card required. After that, annual subscriptions can be purchased in the app for $39.99.
Some key features of the app include:
- THE ULTIMATE COOKBOOK: Tap the share icon in your web browser to import recipes from the web, or enter your family recipes manually in the app.
- SHARE WITH FRIENDS: Connect with other Plan to Eat subscribers to share and save recipes, or share a recipe by text or email.
- PLAN EVERY MEAL: Take control of your meal schedule by adding recipes to the planner. You can even adjust portions, reschedule meals, plan leftover nights, and track extra portions in your freezer.
- SHOP WITH PURPOSE: The ingredients in meals are automatically added to your shopping list. You can also add shopping list items manually, add your usuals from a customizable staples list, plan your list weeks in advance, and create lists for different stores.
- START COOKING, STEP BY STEP: Tap "Start Cooking" when viewing a recipe to get step-by-step cooking instructions that make cooking easy!
- KEEP PLANNING, EVEN IN THE GROCERY STORE: No Internet? No problem! You can still manage your recipes and shopping list items even when you're offline.
- STAY IN SYNC: Your Plan to Eat account automatically synchronizes your recipes, planner, and shopping list across all of your devices, and your spouse's, too! Sign in on all of your mobile devices and at plantoeat.com to keep on planning!
Ready to start planning a happier, healthier lifestyle? Sign up today!
If you have questions or feedback, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for using Plan to Eat!
- We added a saturated fat field to recipe nutrition facts and updated the section's look and feel.
- We added a warning if it appears that you are trying to import a recipe you have already imported.
- We fixed a bug preventing you from adding friends with spaces or commas in their usernames.
- We fixed a bug causing the app to crash when you delete a menu.
Ratings and Reviews
Makes my life easier
I’ve had this app for over 4 years and have recommended it to all my friends. I love that I can drag my recipes into each day of the week and it generates a shopping list. I go through the shopping list and anything I already have on hand I delete and then I take use the list at the store. If your using the list on the app on your phone ( or you can print it) once you check the box for the item it disappears ( the have a button to bring it back if you make a mistake) but it makes it simpler to see what you still need as the items you checked off disappear. The items can be arranged by categories produce, canned items, etc. I have mine organized in order as they appear in the store. You can also generate list for different stores.
It does take a little time when you first start because you have to upload your recipes but it’s supper easy to do if they are online you just copy and paste and it generates them for you. If they are from a cookbook you have to type them in but honestly it’s worth it because you save so much time in the end. I I personally plan 1-3 weeks ahead of time and I never scramble to figure out what’s for dinner last minute.
I first heard about this app from a moms group I was in and it’s helped me stay organized and save time and I’ve recommended it so many times.
Worth it even though I only use it on a desktop computer.
I have been a member 4 or 5 years. It is the only Black Friday sale I do, as the membership is 50% off then. Even when I don’t use it daily, I find it is still worth it. It’s like any other tool, I don’t use my wheelbarrow, or my snow boots daily, but I am sure glad I have them when I need them. I need this tool when my life gets overwhelming, I can anchor back in regular nutritious meals. I also use it to plan out things that are aging in my pantry. I use the meal planning as I don’t have a smart phone with data plan, so the feature of taking the shopping list with me to the store is not as useful, though I do print out the shopping list occasionally. In spite of using only a portion of the program, the program still has value. When I get tired off my own gluten free recipes, I can connect to others who have already tagged recipes as gluten free. This program really made my switch to gluten free so much easier. The other aspect of this program is it is stable, the people that created it continue to add features without losing the basic functioning of it like what happens to some programs. This program might be the one thing that convinces me to get a cell phone to fully use the shopping list feature.
Have a plan when life gets in the way
Plan to eat has become a huge part of my life. I have a large family and work full time. I plan my weekday meals including sides on Saturday’s each week. Then get my shopping list from the app. Enter it in my grocery store app. Pick up my groceries on Sunday and am ready for the week. Those nights when I am stressed from the day and would usually end up spending too much on take out don’t happen often. It is comforting to know no matter what my day was like there is a plan for dinner and I know I have all the ingredients I need. We have a healthy dinner. No fast food take out to feel guilty about. Anytime I find a recipe I want to try I copy and paste it into the app. Sometime I even add it to next weeks menu so we we can try it. When we try new recipes I see how everyone likes it and rate it. I also enter any modifications I made. I love being able to access Plan to Eat from my phone, tablet, or computer. It is so convenient and has saved me so much money on groceries by having a planned menu. It keeps me from buying things that look good at the time but never get used.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Plan to Eat, LLC
- 21.6 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 12.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Plan to Eat, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- One-Year Membership $39.99
Get things done within this app using just your voice.