Track planes in real time on a worldwide map or use your camera to identify planes in the sky! No subscription to pay and top ranking since 2009. Plane Finder is the mobile flight tracker of choice for millions of curious people worldwide.
PLANE FINDER IS A POWERFUL FLIGHT TRACKING TOOL FOR
• Holiday makers, business travellers and their friends and families
• Aviation enthusiasts
• Cabin Crew
• Aviation Professionals
EASY TO USE AND INTUITIVE
• See live air traffic patterns and track flights in real time on a detailed map.
• Search by flight number, create a custom filter or just browse. Tap a plane to see detailed information such as
• Live flight path
• Flight route
• Detailed live flight status information
• Live altitude, speed and course
• Registration and callsign
• Aircraft photos
• Aircraft type
• Aircraft age
• Airline logo
• Days of operation
• Flight history
• Identify planes in the sky above you using Augmented Reality, point your camera at a plane overhead to see details
• Jump to worldwide locations easily by adding favourite bookmarks
• Check airport arrival and departure boards and view live information and statistics
• Get an instant notification when a flight takes off or is near landing using alerts
• Use playback to watch old flights (back to 2011)
USE PLANE FINDER TO ANSWER POPULAR QUESTIONS
• Where is my flight now?
• What is that plane overhead and where is it going?
• How many planes are flying right now?
• Are there delays at my airport?
• When will my flight take off?
• When will my flight land?
• Is my flight on time?
• What route did my flight take?
WHY CHOOSE PLANE FINDER?
Top ranking since 2009 and with no subscription fees to pay, Plane Finder is a trusted source of global flight tracking information to both the enthusiast and professional aviation community. We use our own worldwide bespoke flight tracking network that we are constantly growing and evolving to provide the best possible flight tracking experience. We pride ourselves on the accuracy of our tracking data and apply rigorous data quality checks throughout our systems.
Plane Finder has been featured by Gizmodo, CNN, GMA, BBC, Sunday Times, Mail on Sunday, CNET, Wired, GQ Magazine and many more.
HOW DOES PLANE FINDER WORK?
Plane Finder receives real time ADS-B and MLAT signals sent by aircraft to transmit their positional data to land based receivers. This technology is faster than traditional radar and is used for air traffic control and navigation. ADS-B is not used by all airlines or aircraft, however this is changing and the number of aircraft tracked by ADS-B is increasing all of the time. You can check our worldwide flight tracking coverage for free at www.planefinder.net
HELP AND SUPPORT
Plane Finder is regularly updated with innovative new features and our support team always listen to and reply to feedback. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website www.planefinder.net
ALSO BY PLANEFINDER
Plane Finder LITE (Free flight tracker app with adverts)
Plane Finder 3D (Track flights live around the world in 3D airspace)
Plane Finder AR (See where planes overhead are going using your device camera)
Please visit www.planefinder.net/apps to discover our full suite of flight tracker apps.
The use of the information presented using Plane Finder is strictly limited to pursuing enthusiast activities (i.e. for entertainment purposes), which specifically exclude any activities that might endanger yourself or the lives of others.
Under no circumstances will the developer of this application be held responsible for incidents resulting from the use of the data or its interpretation or its use contrary to this agreement.
We are glad so many of you are enjoying Plane Finder 13! Thank you for all your feedback so far.
In this update we are introducing an all new custom map settings screen:
- Live Preview: Try out your own custom map setting combinations with the new live preview
- New Map Style: See aircraft more clearly against the new ‘Simple’ map style option
- Map Brightness: Choose how bright your map is with the new brightness slider
- More Aircraft Label Options: Select how labels appear with new custom logo, text and appearance options
- We've fixed an issue where time formatting would not always respect local settings
- We've fixed an issue where the Filters button would be slow to update when toggling active filters
This release builds on our previous major release of Plane Finder 13 - reimagined for iOS 13 with a beautiful new look.
Plane Finder 13 includes:
- Dark Mode - Enjoy a bold new Plane Finder experience with Dark Mode.
- Map Enhancements - Detailed flight paths, HD markers and map rotation.
- Custom Text labels - Choose data shown next to aircraft on the map.
- Lightning fast performance - Even quicker map browsing, searching and loading.
- Live Weather - Now displayed for hundreds of airports.
Thank you for supporting Plane Finder, we regularly release updates to bring you the best live flight tracking experience and are already working on the next set of features!
Ratings and Reviews
I highly suggest this app because, it has live flight tracking, and I will be honest it was a debate between a few flight apps but, I narrowed it down to this one and found that it provided the most information on the route as well as the aircraft and for functional purposes has no ads, is very easy to find flights, easy to find airports and is easy filter. It’s also very good because you can use the camera to see what flights are around you. I would highly suggest this app to anyone who wanted an easy well working and full of information app. It may cost five dollars but I think it’s worth it.
Only missing weather radar
I enjoy this app, use it to watch friends flights, was able to track flight changes which altered arrival times. The replay function is nice but I sometimes have problems getting a pass flight to play. I'd like to see a history folder or pull down to replay flights. The weather radar overlay could be an in-app purchase. For the money this app is so powerful! Hard to go wrong for what it does.
Additionally I like to see the airframe photos and inclusion. It would be nice to see the ability to expand the airframe or registration search ability to work with some of the aircraft photo-banks online again even if it's an additional add on r in app purchase.
I look forward to a developer response. It appears this developer is VERY VERY responsive to reviews having gone through most reviews of apps in this space this apps owner is the owner
Latest upgrade a step back
Ignores most of the small aircraft and helos flying over my house. This app used to show everything in the air except military. With the update, most small general aviation aircraft now don’t show up. Extremely frustrating.
I’m sorry to say that the latest update has screwed up what was a really cool, easy to use app. Little stuff that has degraded its usefulness. Like:
The location dot no longer has the pointer on it. Old version, you could point the phone at the plane in the sky, and the pointer would swivel to the plane icon on the screen, so you could confirm plane ID of what you saw in the sky. That pointer is now gone.
The plane icons don’t match up right anymore. I just had a 172 fly over with a 737 icon on the screen.
Other little stuff that I doubt was beta tested, not awful, but definitely going backwards.
Another problem with new version, it’s not picking up small general aviation aircraft. I’m about 8 miles from Person County, NC airport and 20 or so from RDU. There are always small aircraft flying over, and the local hospital life flight helos go over twice a week or so. The life flights no longer show up in the app, and 80 percent of the small fixed wing aircraft aren’t showing up either. I just use this to ID planes flying over and it’s now no good for much of anything except airliners. What were you guys thinking? This was a really slick app and now it looks like an unfinished bug-ridden beta.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your updated review and your location information, we will dig into this our end to see if we can find a tracking issue. Also we have built a custom location marker and are currently testing it ready for release. Many thanks for your help on this, we would also be happy to hear from you via email@example.com should you have any further thoughts to share.
- pinkfroot limited
- 61 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 and watchOS 2.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © pinkfroot limited 2009-2019
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.