The Planet Wheel is a compact and convenient tool to help you track the planets of the Solar System through the sky. The main 'wheel' display shows you the positions of the Sun, Moon and all the major planets at a glance, and the app also includes a starmap to show you how to find the planets against the background of stars.
The Planet Wheel app is an interactive version of the popular service on the Electronic Sky Website, with a host of extra features to help you find your way around the Solar System.
Use the Planet Wheel to:
- Quickly identify a planet in the sky
- Check the location and visibility of the planets, or the Moon
- Locate Solar System objects on a starmap
- Look back or forward in time up in a range of two hundred years
- See which constellations are most visible
- Check the Moon's phase
Planet Wheel Features:
- The main Planet Wheel display gives you a simple way of checking which planets are visible, and the best time of night to look for them.
- The Starmap feature maps the planets against the background of stars, and also shows you which constellations are visible at any time of year.
- Both the Planet Weel and Starmap views include animated displays: hold down the animation buttons to watch the Sun, Moon and planets travel across the sky, forwards or backwards in time.
- See the positions of the planets for any date and time from 1900 to 2100.
- The Planet Wheel provides full access to online resources on the Electronic Sky Website.
Minor bug fixes to the location date and time settings.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great app but could be better
RA and declination are much harder to use than elevation and azimuth when a quick fix is needed, especially if not familiar with the area. Would prefer to have this selectable in a settings menu.
A great app!
The developer, Virtix Ltd, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.