-- Magical music, accessible app, immersive experience --
What if a garden could make music? Planted Symphony is a new way to experience music in nature, through interactive GPS audio trails. Let our artists take you on a journey of melody and mystery, bringing fresh life to familiar parks and gardens.
Our app uses geolocation to trigger sounds and songs as you move around the trail. Be immersed in a magical experience created by Disabled and non-disabled artists, and connect with your environment in a new way.
- Available online or offline (download first)
- Outdoor accessible trails in beautiful green spaces
- New music and storytelling from diverse artists
- Access features built in including VoiceOver, BSL videos and audio description
- Suitable for all, likely to be enjoyed by ages 8 - 108!
Download for free and enjoy! Best experienced with a good set of headphones. The trails are programmed to festival locations, but the music and storytelling can also be enjoyed at home.
Planted Symphony is a project created by Drake Music which is touring to:
- International Festival Milton Keynes - 14th - 18th July 2021
- Waltham Forest Festival - 18th - 19th September
- Inside Out Dorset - 25th - 26th September
- National Trust Lyveden - Dates tbc
The app works with the access settings on your devices and also includes BSL videos and embedded audio description. If you are using the app on location, talk to our festival team about our other access features.
Planted Symphony tells the tale of Lagether, who calls upon the natural world to help her heal, grow and be transformed. Using headphones and your senses you meet Lagether through spoken word and song lyrics, flowers and foliage. As you move around, the music explores the magic and mystery of nature - at one moment wind and whispers, the next, full pomp and glory.
Planted Symphony features exciting new work made by disabled and non-disabled musicians, poets, storytellers and artists working together. The score was sketched by Disabled composer Lucy Hale and has been developed and arranged by Cassandra Gurling. Dave Young wrote the story and lyrics and Jon Van Beek created the installations. Ben Sellers is the Musical Director and the featured musicians are Sonia Allori, Georgina Aasgaard, Miryam Solomon, Kris Halpin and Jenni Parkinson. Narration by Nickie Miles Wildin. Created by Drake Music, supported by Arts Council England, Sonos and Foyle Foundation.
We hope you enjoy the Planted Symphony app!
We improved downloading in the latest version.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Drake Music
- 81.9 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Drake Music 2021
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.